• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

You wont hear me. I dont have mic feed for myself. Working on it tho. Next in house you'll hear me.

I enjoyed our Trace 1v1 tho. Im still a noob at her.

It's okay I can picture it in my head.

If it makes you feel any better I was really feeling my Tracer by the end. You probably would have killed me on most other days.

LiK

Yep.

I think how the game implies "more elims=better" is a huge mistake.

For example, on control point maps, if I only get 8 elims, but they're crucial picks and we roll the enemy as a result, that's a way better round than one where I get 30+ eliminations and only cap by the skin of my teeth in overtime.

Yea, the problem with Elims is you can just scratch someone and if they die, it counts as an Elim. No such thing as assists.

Can Dva even hurt Zarya? What a horrible match up.

Game is just incredibly unbalanced.

Dva can help take down Zarya with help but never alone. She can't block or do enough damage against Zarya.

Can Dva even hurt Zarya? What a horrible match up.

Game is just incredibly unbalanced.

I've taken out my share of Zaryas as D.Va, but no, it's not a really great idea to try to 1v1 her. It's just her counter, though, it doesn't mean the game is unbalanced. There's a counter for everyone not named "Ana". And D.Va can bully a great many of the OW characters 1v1.

Laputa_94

My god I've been so close each season, but I finally did it.

Oy2OteV.png
tumblr_mgsmvlgyb01qm8o2po5_r1_250.gif

Veelk

Banned
I don't think I've ever seen a team play so incompetently that with a minute in overtime, they got it all the way to the end on Dorado.

But I seem to come across many such players, and now I had the honor of being on their team.

I swear, the people this game pairs me with sometimes...

Foxxsoxx

I don't think I've ever seen a team play so incompetently that with a minute in overtime, they got it all the way to the end on Dorado.

But I seem to come across many such players, and now I had the honor of being on their team.

Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss
Win.
Loss.

ISOM

Zarya is one of DVA's counters. Just because you lose a 1v1 doesn't mean the game is unbalanced.

Yeah, Overwatch isn't street fighter. It's about team fights and countering the other team and then switching to another counter if you're being countered etc.. You can still help your team as D.Va even if there is a Zarya on the other team and that's what matters.

Add me. UltimaPooh. We'll add people when a space opens.

I am RuinerPrime. been on your list for awhile :p wish I could change my username on here.

Thanks for the games tonight guys, wish I could have played more but had to go to work. My Mccree is improving and that switch to Reaper on Anubis was timely vs the Winston jump-ins.

My gf has always been interested in OW but has awful motion sickness for FPS games, so after watching me for almost a year, she decided to play it for the first time tonight. she did the tutorial twice and played around in the shooting range and did a game vs easy AI. So far she loves Junkrat & Orisa....I might have to buy her a copy of the game soon. :p

Alex

Matchmaking is probably the biggest problem for most Blizzard games, Overwatch seems to be the most volatile, though.

Sande

Stats can help, even if they'll never tell the whole story. People clearly don't need stats to start the blame game, so I don't think sheltering players from abuse is a good reason to hide them.

One specific stat I'd like, even if it's just for myself to see, would be some kind of effective kill count. One clean solo kill would increase it by 1, doing 50% of the damage by 0.5, and so on. What this would do is take healing and hero health into consideration naturally. You can keep pumping lead into that Roadhog, but as long as he's not dying, your score stays the same, and killing the Mercy/Tracer would be just as valuable as the high-health tanks. The current elimination count is next to useless when solo kills net you the same as farting in a dying enemy's general direction.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I hate that dealt damage has an "expiration date". You can do 99% of the damage to an enemy but if they die more than 10(ish) seconds later, you get nothing. It doesn't directly affect anything other than stats, but I would just always want to know my contribution to a kill.

Veelk

Banned
Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss
Win.
Loss.

You know, that's bad, but it's almost worse to have about an even number of them.

Loss, win, loss, win, loss, loss, win, win, loss.

I just want to climb out of this utter hell that is gold, or atleast rise by a couple points. But no, it's just up and down, up and down, over and over...

5052ef2f8704b5815b050a82cf6c273b.gif

Foxxsoxx

Been having really good games with a competent party of 6.

3 wins in a row. Wonder how long this'll last.

2880 SR. getting close...

Also I have fallen in love with Reaper. So many triple tanks in this bracket, delicious.

komaruR

just finish my weekly boxes so dont have to worry forgetting them for the reset.
got ironclad torb on my last one. not too shabby. i do like that torb skin since no beard!

ps4 gaf inhouse party
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/137437429 (better quality)
backup link when twitch archive expires:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac9LYft3Z-o (lower quality due to YT transcoding)
bad camera swapping because ds4 controller can have some much buttons to map stuff. its more natural on pc spectating custom games.
i semi afk so the camera was static while i was cooking dinner and taking dog out.

then took a break to eat dinner. this continue off from Pooh's interrupted kings row match.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/137482604 (better quality)
backup link when twitch archive expires:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvSH_X2EzZw (lower quality due to YT transcoding)

Shahadan

I'd play an entire single player game with Dva's little gun. Feels so satisfying to shoot.
Sometimes I stay out of the mec far longer than I should just to have the pleasure to use it D:

actually owzer didnt dive, he got hooked by TJ so got no choice but to run lol

Naw I don't hear a hook when he first flies in. Owzers just flew in with no one behind him.

EDIT: He did hook but I dont think it was a full one because Owzers clearly flies up from below where as Ramirez is up above. If he had hooked him all the way he would have been above.

Also he could have gone back which would be the uhhhhh smart move.

EDIT 2: To see what I am talking about change youtube speed to .25

komaruR

Naw I don't hear a hook when he first flies in. Owzers just flew in with no one behind him.

EDIT: He did hook but I dont think it was a full one because Owzers clearly flies up from below where as Ramirez is up above. If he had hooked him all the way he would have been above.

Also he could have gone back which would be the uhhhhh smart move.

EDIT 2: To see what I am talking about change youtube speed to .25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvSH_X2EzZw&t=25m25s
this is more clearer to the situation

It's hard to take SR seriously when you can lose it because someone on your team decided to throw a tantrum instead of play.

Had a Mercy who spent all game TYPING about how much we suck, and it's like, how about you play instead of type you stupid fuck.

Also nobody knows how to properly play 2 CP in solo queue. Stop trickling in and wasting our time god fucking dammit.

Manoko

i just don't see how it would make people less toxic.

yeah, it might make people less likely to pick on good players, but if someone doesn't appear to be doing much then they're going to get even more shit than usual.

like if someone is really effectively controlling space to the point where no-one is even stepping in front of them they're not going to have a lot of damage or elims once they've established that dominance.

additionally there are a lot of times when dying makes sense, like trades on a really important character (mercy w/ res) or just to stall a point for x reason. showing deaths just gives another avenue for people to go on the attack.

idk, i think it's a weird idea. with the current system people can only use their perception and the limited info from medals to flame others, and it's already bad enough.

People who are toxic more often than not are performing poorly themselves.
You can call them on their bullshit if there's a scoreboard.

caesar

Banned
You know, that's bad, but it's almost worse to have about an even number of them.

Loss, win, loss, win, loss, loss, win, win, loss.

I just want to climb out of this utter hell that is gold, or atleast rise by a couple points. But no, it's just up and down, up and down, over and over...

5052ef2f8704b5815b050a82cf6c273b.gif

Ill get you to diamond for 50 dollars :p

accx

People who are toxic more often than not are performing poorly themselves.
You can call them on their bullshit if there's a scoreboard.

Having a scoreboard would just make everything worse in regards to toxicity.
Just look at how earlier MP-games worked.

If someone's underperforming and it showed clearly for everyone else, i swear everyone would dogpile on that person for the whole fucking duration of the match. It becomes something similar to systemic bullying and fuck that. If you want that, play MOBAs or something.
The system is fine as it is imo. It promotes feeling good about your performance, even though you might've had an off match.
I mean yea, gold elims/gold damage doesn't matter much for most of us, but it makes it far more accessible for the "casuals". Even if you're doing bad you're doing something good and that keeps player in a better mood and in turn better players all around.
Fuck scoreboards.

Yeah, scoreboards would only amplify the "I got gold" problem. Like, imagine any time you've heard/seen someone mention their performance via medals, and now imagine there's a metric boatload more stats to be nitpicked.

What a frightening thought.

Veelk

Banned
Ill get you to diamond for 50 dollars :p

I'm good lol. I already put more money into this game than I can admit without shame.

Its going to take a while, but I'll boost myself back up eventually.

But if I ever make it back to Diamond and then get back down to gold again, I'm breaking the disk. I'm never going to go through this again.

Kiro

GG last night guys. Damn fun, thanks for planning it Ultima.

Batman's quad kill Dva ult literally a second after I got a triple kill earth shatter. Saved the game.

The double boop (Lucio and orisa) to knock Roadhog into Ilios pit.

Pooh's mercy stopping my reaper on Dorado.

The Junkrat murdering from LiK.

The 6v6 clusterfucks in the top hallway of numbani.

That amazing Gibraltar run where we pushed the whole way with 4 minutes remaining.

Amazing games guys and reinvigorated my enjoyment of Overwatch. Always down for more!

Add me: Kiro21-

Top Bottom