• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

I don't even have tracking on mine, otherwise I'd probably end up checking every hour or so.

The VGP tracked shipping to Germany is pretty nice so I usually pony up the extra 5 CAD. But it definitely leads to obsessive behaviour. I try to not check more often than twice a day :p

I'm from germany, but yes I chose DHL Express shipping.

Nope. Not jealous. Not at all.

Enjoy

Out of curiousity, were you hit with customs? Never used that shipping from VGP before.

Saphirax

The VGP tracked shipping to Germany is pretty nice so I usually pony up the extra 5 CAD. But it definitely leads to obsessive behaviour. I try to not check more often than twice a day :p

Nope. Not jealous. Not at all.

Enjoy

Out of curiousity, were you hit with customs? Never used that shipping from VGP before.

I just went to check the shipping prices and there's no standard delivery with tracking for me. Just International Airmail and then DHL express and FedEx, both of them $40 more expensive than IA D:.

I just went to check the shipping prices and there's no standard delivery with tracking for me. Just International Airmail and then DHL express and FedEx, both of them $40 more expensive than IA D:.

Yeah VGP has custom options for different regions (which is overall pretty great tbh). Tracked shipping uses DHL Global Mail which probably has good rates to Germany or something.

Yu Narukami

Yeah VGP has custom options for different regions (which is overall pretty great tbh). Tracked shipping uses DHL Global Mail which probably has good rates to Germany or something.
Yian I took your advise and chose tracked shipping. This game better be here by Friday or else...I know in which country you live...

Terxus

Neo Member

I was a bit worried because of that as well, but the package went through fine.
vgp declared a value of 25 CAD with no invoice inside.
I'm kind of shocked that this works every time, the shipping alone was worth more than that lol.

You know that Sony will brick your Vita if you play a game before its official release date, right?

I'm willing to take that risk. :p

aravuus

Muntu where is your game? Mine is still in Canada...

No idea unfortunately, didn't get a tracking number. Or fortunately, I guess, now I can't obsess over its location every minute.

Should have taken the god damn express shipping though fuck me. Didn't realize the difference between CAD and USD is big and just went "80 fucking dollars for the game with express shipping oh HELL no" without realizing it would STILL be cheaper than buying a new game in Finland.

Wish I could rewind time.

Yian I took your advise and chose tracked shipping. This game better be here by Thursday or else...I know in which country you live...
It probably won't. I expect it next Monday. It could be end of this week but you'll have to be very lucky.
First rule of ímporting: Patience :)
Second rule: The game you want most will take longer than usual :p
I was a bit worried because of that as well, but the package went through fine.
vgp declared a value of 25 CAD with no invoice inside.
I'm kind of shocked that this works every time, the shipping alone was worth more than that lol.

Sweet. Would have been an extra 15€. If I knew that in advance I would have probably paid for it :p

cheesekao

Ugh, I already have the game and I want to play it but I have to finish God Eater 2 first and that's gonna take a long ass time.

Yu Narukami

It probably won't. I expect it next Monday. It could be end of this week but you'll have to be very lucky.
First rule of ímporting: Patience :)
Second rule: The game you want most will take longer than usual :p

Sweet. Would have been an extra 15€. If I knew that in advance I would have probably paid for it :p
Knowing my luck it will be delivered on Friday when nobody is at home. And then I'll have to wait until Monday to pick it up.

aravuus

Mine is probably still in Canada too, then. Practically no chance of getting it this week in that case.

Holding out hope for next Monday.

e: now where's that CS2 OT, I need to go fling unnecessarily toxic shit on everyone who's already got their copy so I can feel even more miserable

zakujanai

Are any Europeans actually waiting until November? Feels like its just me. Ace Attorney needs to hurry up and be out so I have something to play, currently back on FC to keep me occupied.

Yu Narukami

Are any Europeans actually waiting until November? Feels like its just me. Ace Attorney needs to hurry up and be out so I have something to play, currently back on FC to keep me occupied.
My original plan was to wait. But now that FF15 got delayed I have nothing else to play.

anddo0

Totally forgot part 2 was coming out so soon.

I feel like all I've played this year is LoH; finished SC and CS back to back.
I haven't played NG+ yet, is that bad?

Lusankya

Yeah, I will probably wait. I absolutely don't want a physical copy and I want to play on my Vita with my EU account, so there I go.

drakkykun

Mine's still in Canada, too, but I chose the cheapest delivery because I have a very bad luck with customs (I live in Italy).
I'm expecting to get it by mid September, sigh.

Gu4n

I must say two things. First, I'm immensely psyched to read everyone's impressions and hope you'll end up loving the game as much as I do. Second, I'm equally jealous you'll be able to play the game with XSEED's localisation. If you use Twitter and share your impressions there, please use #ColdSteel2 (as suggested by Endless History) so people can either mute the tag due to spoilers or, in my case, have all your impressions in a single timeline.

Slashlen

I'm not sure what's going on with my copy. Bestbuy says it should arrive tomorrow, but the UPS tracking just says that a shipping label has been created and it will have more info when it arrives at their facility.

Korigama

As a result of Labor Day, mine could potentially not arrive until Wednesday. Seeing as I'm near the end of Chapter 6 on Nightmare NG+ now, I wouldn't mind if I did have one extra day to finish what I need to.

nonnocere

Enjoy, everyone! I was finally convinced to get the first one when it was on sale. Just started this past weekend! I'm enjoying the characters.

wrowa

I forgot this was already coming out in the US and now the Vita version is already sold out on VGP. Darn.

Do we know already whether or not the European version will be compatible with an US clear file of ToCS1?

cf2cabc82b5d43fc9bbd1834e9c60fa2.png

TOMORROW. AHHHH!!!

So fucking excited.

I'm tying my NG+ and wanted to know if the special someone you select in CS has any incidence on CS2.
Typically, I've read somewhere that
Emma
had bonus scenes at the end of CS but to me, the canon paramour is obviously
Alyssa
. So if this has any bearing, I'll try to watch the former's scenes but make a save with the latter.

I'm definitely not. My VGP Vita copy probably won't come in time, but hey, I'm buying digital on PS3 so that shouldn't be an issue.

Korigama

I'm tying my NG+ and wanted to know if the special someone you select in CS has any incidence on CS2.
Typically, I've read somewhere that
Emma
had bonus scenes at the end of CS but to me, the canon paramour is obviously
Alyssa
. So if this has any bearing, I'll try to watch the former's scenes but make a save with the latter.
Everyone has a bonus scene at the end before the credits based upon
who you choose to dance with after the festival
, the exceptions being
Sara, Towa, and Crow
, the first two having theirs placed elsewhere during the finale and the third one lacking one altogether AFAIK (for obvious reasons).

Though there's technically no canonical choice, I'd agree that it's pretty clear that the game favors
Alisa
as a potential love interest.

Slashlen

Praise Aidos, UPS just sent me an email saying I have a package coming tomorrow. I guess the tracking number just isn't updating for some reason.

Shahed

I'm waiting since I prefer to buy the local version. I only import when the game doesn't release over here, or has issues such ae Virtues Last Reward not getting English Audio in Europe. Besides my brother is getting married in October so that and other things means I'd be too busy to play much anyway. Heck I'm probably delaying my Neo purchase for the same reasons.

I see a few of you guys already have the game. I hope you guys enjoy it.

I'll probably wait until after my RE4 and CSI playthroughs to get this one. Well, at least that's the plan, unless I get very hype about CSII and decide to jump right in it with my first save file.

Eylos

Banned
I see a few of you guys already have the game. I hope you guys enjoy it.

I'll probably wait until after my RE4 and CSI playthroughs to get this one. Well, at least that's the plan, unless I get very hype about CSII and decide to jump right in it with my first save file.

i have been playing battlefield one yesteday there was one "son of sparda", that played really well, maybe it was you?

i have been playing battlefield one yesteday there was one "son of sparda", that played really well, maybe it was you?
Nah, sorry. I usually don't play FPS titles and certainly don't do much MP. Though, It's good to know that there is a skilled B1 player out there who is also a DMC fan :)

Everyone has a bonus scene at the end before the credits based upon
who you choose to dance with after the festival
, the exceptions being
Sara, Towa, and Crow
, the first two having theirs placed elsewhere during the finale and the third one lacking one altogether AFAIK (for obvious reasons).

Though there's technically no canonical choice, I'd agree that it's pretty clear that the game favors
Alisa
as a potential love interest.
What I had in mind was a NG+ specific bonus scene
that takes place if you choose Emma for the ride to Heimdallr. Apparently, in NG+, Vita has more lines in this scene afterwards and comments on witches.

I don't know if there are more scenes than that.

I'll be at my Gamestop to pick it up right at 10am (same one I used to work at where I got 3 people on staff to play the first game after I quit XD) god hard to believe its finally here, I'm trying to not let my hype explode but its really really hard!

Gu4n

What I had in mind was a NG+ specific bonus scene
that takes place if you choose Emma for the ride to Heimdallr. Apparently, in NG+, Vita has more lines in this scene afterwards and comments on witches.

I don't know if there are more scenes than that.
That's pretty much it. It's basically a little teaser for Cold Steel II, so not terribly relevant anymore at this point in time.

demonkaze

I'm on the final chapter now, on the 23rd I think and was wondering how much left there is to go. Was wondering if I could knock it out tonight if I only have maybe 2 hours free.

Gu4n

I'm on the final chapter now, on the 23rd I think and was wondering how much left there is to go. Was wondering if I could knock it out tonight if I only have maybe 2 hours free.
No, not remotely. At that rate you might be done on Friday night.

Top Bottom