• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that the Crash Trilogy is coming out, what would you prefer VV do next?

I'm interested to see what gaffers at large think about this. The most often requested ones would be Crash Team Racing or Spyro trilogy remaster (or remake, whatever you prefer). Then there is the option of a completely new Crash game, wether in the vein of the trilogy they now did or something completely original.

Personally I'd love to see CTR with online play next but at the same time I'd really want to know the developers opinion too. Who knows what they would prefer, maybe they are tired of Crash already! I'd honestly prefer anything Crash over Spyro since we are on a roll.

Bonus option: Destiny 2 DLC factory.

get back to what they're best at: make another unreasonably solid Metroidvania-ish game based on some random property

edit: WAIT that wasn't them! I was thinking of Spyro or Spider-Man or something for DS. But apparently that wasn't them. nvm

Spyro trilogy for me.

I'm down for CTR but I never played it much as a kid so I don't have the same attachment to it a lot of people do.

picgifs-spyro-the-dragon-934529.gif

Breakaway

Would love to see Spyro since I was always a bigger fan of those games, but a new Crash title would make a lot of sense, too.

Z..

no idea how good the early Spyros aged but i'd buy it for nostalgia reasons.

2 and 3 are still pretty good games. Better than Crash, personally. Spyro 1 is pretty much like Crash 1 and Ratchet 1, a decent game that has been completely rendered obsolete by it's infinitely superior sequels.

BooJoh

Spyro Trilogy.

Anything but putting them back on Skylanders really. And I say this as someone who was fully into Skylanders at one point.

sublimit

Banned
Spyro trilogy by far. Never cared about Crash but the first three Spyro games are some of my favorite games of all time.

Dynomutt

If Crash works out CTR! If Sony is smart they should use this as their in to cross platform and release it on Switch.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Torn between Spyro and CTR. I'd buy both in a heartbeat.

If Crash works out CTR! If Sony is smart they should use this as their in to cross platform and release it on Switch.

absurd.gif

Isn't CTR the only Crash game Sony still holds the rights to? Why would they release it on a competitor's platform? If they were going to do cross platform beyond PC, it'd be with a 3rd party title.

rjc571

Banned
I'd just take Twinsanity PS2 classic, I don't feel like it warrants a full remake.

It definitely warrants a full remake, it had some of the best level design ever in a platformer but it had hours of cut content and really shitty controls. A full remake which restores the missing content and fixes the controls would be a thing of beauty. (Unless they downgraded the framerate to 30 fps, in which case I would stick with the 60 fps PS2 version.)

fernoca

They made amazing Guitar Hero games on DS and Wii. The best Skylanders games (swap Force and Superchargers, then the Crash level in Imaginators) and even incredible Tony Hawk games for GBA and DS back then.

So I'm always keeping an eye out for whatever they do next.

Though regarding Spyro. Toys for Bob had the license from way before Skylanders (it was how Skylanders started), not sure if they still have it as Spyro or as part of Skylanders. But a Spyro game or remake could probably be from them. They're all under Activision anyway.

Doing a similar Spyro collection would be awesome. Otherwise, a really quality. Skylanders game using what they've learned, preferably with minimal to no mandatory toy stuff and more in the way of actual platforming.

Dynomutt

I laughed.

I know I know, but it would be a real smart move. If they wanted to include PC via Steam nix MS if they want that exclusive dig. It could work and I see no reason why aside from stubbornness and the usual technical blah blah blah. Unrealistic yes but hey gotta dream right.

NMFried

Spyro if we're sticking with properties Activision owns. Would love an online CTR remake also.

MediEvil or Ape Escape if Sony contracts them, but that's unlikely.

Spyro Trilogy. That little purple dragon's PS1 games are still some of my all time favourites, and I'd give a limb for those to get a shiny new coat of paint with a remake.

Or a new Crash now they've got such an intimate knowledge of what makes those games tick. But I want Spyro more.

Top Bottom