• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly: Thieves In Time Coming To (Vita/PS3)!!

bumpkin

-Same Visuals & Gameplay Experience.
So that's why it looks like a late PS2 era game... :)

Sarcasm aside, this definitely makes me a lot more likely to pick this up. The PS3/Vita cross-play was easily the most impressive and promising feature of their Vita showcase last year prior to its release.

FireCloud

Sly: Thieves in Time

This game reminds me that I need to finish both the Sly Cooper Collection and Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time all at the same time.

Will probably pick it up for the Vita depending upon what else is out for the Vita around that time.

airball.gif

btkadams

i have this preordered for ps3 for $40, but this makes me want to switch to get the vita version. hmm...

(i don't think i need both)

They might as well just make every game Vita/PS3 compatible. If they make even a few Vita/PS3 games they might as well just go all out IMO.

They might as well just make every game Vita/PS3 compatible. If they make even a few Vita/PS3 games they might as well just go all out IMO.

downporting game likeLast of Us will probably be a lot harder than porting Sly 4 which didn't look like it has that big production value to begin with. ever since the first screen shown, there are people who think if this is NGP/Vita title.

VanWinkle

See, this is cool. PSP never had day and date releases with Sony console games. as long as they remember to also add new IPs, as well as Vita exclusives, they can do this as often as they want. I was on the fence about this game on PS3, but I'll get it on Vita if it's a really solid port.

nordique

Excellent

Sony needs to do this more

Was on the verge of selling my Vita....now I think I'll hold onto it a little longer :)

Oh... now I'm conflicted. I think I might get this on the Vita now, since it would be perfect for it. At least there's time for me to give this some thought.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Any vita game that is also available for the PS3 I'll always go Vita for one reason, next gen is only a year away and I'll be selling my PS3 to upgrade to PS4 but I'll be keeping my Vita around for a lot longer, something to think about if you want to replay these games in the future.

Gotta love how pretty much everyone was flipping out at 30fps for Rayman origins 3ds, but everyone here is eager to pick up the inferior version of a game xD

VanWinkle

Gotta love how pretty much everyone was flipping out at 30fps for Rayman origins 3ds, but everyone here is eager to pick up the inferior version of a game xD

Ignoring the fact that 2D platforms suffer far more IMO at 30fps than 3D games do, what are you referring to? I assume this means 30fps for Vita version and 60fps for PS3? Is there a source? Sorry, all I've read about it is the PS Blog post, so I don't really know the differences.

Edit: Just read through the thread and saw the IGN link. Solid 30fps for a 3D platformer is obviously not as good as 60fps, but if it keeps its same graphical detail I'm okay with it. It's still not nearly as big of a problem to me as 30fps with a 2D platformer compared to 60.

FireCloud

Any vita game that is also available for the PS3 I'll always go Vita for one reason, next gen is only a year away and I'll be selling my PS3 to upgrade to PS4 but I'll be keeping my Vita around for a lot longer, something to think about if you want to replay these games in the future.

I have way too many PS3 games unfinnished/unstarted to consider selling it for a PS4. I'll probably not be an early adopter of the PS4 and use that time to make a dent in my PS3 backlog and give the PS4 games a chance to come down in price.

I really hope that Sony does something interesting with the PS4 in terms of integration with the Vita; something more than the limited remote play support that the PSP and the Vita have currently.

Drencrom

Are you mocking your own statement?

Rayman Origins is a 2d platformer while Sly is a 3d platformer with somewhat sizeable hubworlds, so it's understandable why it runs at 30fps.

I think this is whats wrong with Vita, most ps3 owners are going to want to pick up the console version, few are going to want the portable port.

KillGore

I think this is whats wrong with Vita, most ps3 owners are going to want to pick up the console version, few are going to want the portable port.

I have a PS3 and I prefer buying it on Vita, since it'll be cheaper and I think games with this type of Art will simply pop-up with the Vita's screen. I do agree with you though, most will pick PS3 version, but there is still some that will pick up the console version.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

I missed the news about the Vita port being 30fps vs. 60fps. In that case, I'll probably go PS3 unless the bundle is reasonably priced. Still, bad post. You're assuming that the same people are posting in both threads, when in reality you're making a silly and mostly inaccurate generalization of dozens of people. But don't let that stop you from trying to be snarky.

Has anyone asked the developer if the Vita version runs at native res? I've come to realize just how important this is to the image quality of Vita games.

VanWinkle

Has anyone asked the developer if the Vita version runs at native res? I've come to realize just how important this is to the image quality of Vita games.

I wish, but with the recent track record of Vita games suggests it probably won't. I will hold out hope, though.

People are saying there's nothing to play on the Vita, but I'm finding the opposite true. Gravity Rush, Metal Gear HD and Persona 4 all real soon. Now this? Fantastic!

Carl

People are saying there's nothing to play on the Vita, but I'm finding the opposite true. Gravity Rush, Metal Gear HD and Persona 4 all real soon. Now this? Fantastic!

But everything is a port or a copy of someone else's game, didn't you know?

Thoraxes

I have a PS3 and I prefer buying it on Vita, since it'll be cheaper and I think games with this type of Art will simply pop-up with the Vita's screen. I do agree with you though, most will pick PS3 version, but there is still some that will pick up the console version.

I hope it's $40.

I can see them pulling an Uncharted though.

Oh nice! I’ve never touched a Sly game before but I’m all over this on the Vita. It’s going on my Vita buy list:

Gravity Rush
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Soul Sacrifice
Sly: Thieves In Time

Top Bottom