• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

Unknown?

Holy crap was just watching a replay in Willow Springs and saw that there are people in the hot air balloons and they are even waving! This game has so much detail!!

I’m loving the livery editor as well, but it’s not perfect. It bugs me that you can’t choose metallic or chrome finish on decals for example, and I don’t know why there are so few wheels to buy.

I didn't quite get it initially but with the shapes you can essentially do anything. Someone got popular doing a nier 2B anime face on the side of a car made just of the decals colored and combined carefully.

Sebmugi

;) only one woman for 3 men on this picture .. oops you think that I can be enuiyé for sexism or something of the kind ... XD humor I still specify by the times that short

1509266806-20171029080716.jpg

I'm loving the livery editor as well, but it's not perfect. It bugs me that you can't choose metallic or chrome finish on decals for example, and I don't know why there are so few wheels to buy.

Aw crap, you can't? I haven't messed with it much yet, but I was planning on making this at some point:

This is also where I will say I am sad there are no stock cars (yet). PCars 2 has a Ford Fusion so there shouldn't be any legal problems, I am hoping they can add them later. They'd be Gr.X cars, I suppose.

Inviusx

Aw crap, you can't? I haven't messed with it much yet, but I was playing on making this at some point:

This is also where I will say I am sad there are no stock cars (yet). PCars 2 has a Ford Fusion so there shouldn't be any legal problems, I am hoping they can add them later. They'd be Gr.X cars, I suppose.

You could easily still make that livery. Choose the body colour as chrome and lay vinyl around the 17. It's a powerful editor.

New Daily Races are up in Sport Mode:

Class: N300
Track: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa II
Laps: 2
Cars: 12
Start: Rolling
Setups: Fixed
BoP: Off
Tire: Super Soft
Fuel Consumption: --
Tire Wear: --
Car: Audi TTS Coupe '14

----

Class: Gr.4
Track: Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP II
Laps: 4
Cars: 16
BoP: On
Tire: Racing Hard
Fuel Consumption: --
Tire Wear: --
Car: Garage

----

Class: Gr.3
Track: Suzuka Circuit
Laps: 8
Cars: 20
BoP: On
Tire: Racing Hard
Fuel Consumption: 2
Tire Wear: 7
Car: Garage

Also starting 10/31 (today) Daily Races will update every day. The fixed setups in all the new daily races are probably a byproduct of this.

IISANDERII

Everyday seems too frequent but we’ll see how it goes and they can always adjust it.

I wonder you’ll need to pitstop in the Suzuka race.

psn

Why are the prices up for the wheels again? Wanted to buy a t300 and it was ~210€ for months, now it's 280€.

Ugh server maintinance right in the middle of my day off! And now a 600MB patch to DL.

I waited a few weeks to get into GTS but it seems like these issuea arw atill there.

Fingers cross this patch removes the online requirements for SP parts!!
It won't

pixelbox

Ugh server maintinance right in the middle of my day off! And now a 600MB patch to DL.

I waited a few weeks to get into GTS but it seems like these issuea arw atill there.

Fingers cross this patch removes the online requirements for SP parts!!
It won't
Nope. But it has a message about if you want your progression you have to place ps4 in standby. Lol

I still can't save... Its been hours! I just want to save my progress!

Anyway I love the Rally races. They feel so right to me. I wish there were more off road tracks.

Update: it never synced. I had to restart the game for it to connect to servers so I lost my progress. Lesson: Dont play when the servers are down.

I still can't save... Its been hours! I just want to save my progress!

Anyway I love the Rally races. They feel so right to me. I wish there were more off road tracks.

Update: it never synced. I had to restart the game for it to connect to servers so I lost my progress. Lesson: Dont play when the servers are down.

I've got my DR and SR both to B and seem to be able to compete pretty well once I know a track..... But the rallying.. I just can't get into it. I'm useless at it. I love stuff like DiRT (although rally is tough) and Sega Rally even, but I'm not good at it on GT Sport. At all.

What's the secret?!

0racle

Porbably the wrong place to ask.

Is it still worth it ? I have had the game since launch but its still wrapped.....

Unknown?

Porbably the wrong place to ask.

Is it still worth it ? I have had the game since launch but its still wrapped.....
Why would it not be now compared to at launch? We’re now going to have the championships so it’s a great time to start.

Is no one playing this? What the fuck happened? I cannot believe there isn't discussion about the on going championship races that have been on the past few days. Holy shit.

My strategy for Gold in the endurance races in short:

Stage 8-6 15min oval:
Car: Subaru Gr. 3
Tires: Soft/Soft
Fuel Mapping: 1
Pit: Lap 9, Tires: Medium/Medium, Fuel: full refuel (12laps), Fuel mapping: 1

Stage 8-7 30min Interlagos:
Car: -
Tires: Soft/Soft every time
Fuel Mapping: 1
Pit: as needed, just don't refuel full tank on the last stop, only 5 or 6 laps

Stage 8-8 4 laps Nürb 24h:
Car: Audi R8 LMS (I got a decent setup, just makes sure to use full downforce if you don't want to get into tuning)
Tires: Hard/Hard
Fuel Mapping: 6 (yes, you can undercut the AI and it also saves your tires, just make sure to boot it up to 1 before Döttinger Höhe ;) )
Pit: Lap 2, Tires: Hard/Hard, Fuel: no refuel

Thanks, this helped me. I now have gold in all Driving School and Mission Challenge campaigns,and just have the 3 rallies and Nurburgring left in Circuit Experience.

Stage 8-8 I used the Mustang and set it to the Road setting. Got a time of 35:45, 15 seconds ahead of the second place guy even though I wiped out once and went off track at least twice. I also had fuel set to 3 for 1st lap, then 1 on second lap, 3 on 3rd lap, and 1 again on final lap, and refueled to 2.5 laps during my pit stop in the 2nd lap.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Since ps+ is 60 bucks a year.
And the service is horrible.
I dont want to support it.
Is gran turismo sport fun without ps+

Can i actually play the damn game?

Unknown?

It’s only $40 right now. I don’t think it’s horrible. And you can but it’s limited to Arcade mode.

Senua

No.

Wait until it's cheaper, there really isn't all that much content for offline play.

Aintitcool

Banned
This game is a total bomba in its mainland europe. Already on sale on amazon 50% off. I mean I will never buy a game that isnt nintendo or rockstar day1 again.

Unknown?

This game is a total bomba in its mainland europe. Already on sale on amazon 50% off. I mean I will never buy a game that isnt nintendo or rockstar day1 again.

Another year more of this nonsense. I guess COD and Destiny is a bomba because they’re heavily discounted as well? It’s tracking the same as GT6 in Germany and that wasn’t a bomb.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Another year more of this nonsense. I guess COD and Destiny is a bomba because they’re heavily discounted as well? It’s tracking the same as GT6 in Germany and that wasn’t a bomb.
This friday it will be 20.

I do consider that a
BOMBA
O
M
B
A

ill get it tho.

ty_hot

I got gold in all events, challenges, circuit stuff. Honestly I was pissed for not getting anything after 100% gold, fuck. (I get for 100% gold in circuit, challenges and driving school, but nothing for 100% in all o them). Btw, from Circuit I got a fuckin MINI and from challenges a GOLF. How unlucky can I be? lol

Btw, is there any prize for completing the Arcade Races? After winning Nurburgring Nord. I realized you get a 'you completed the ... event' notification, I wonder if completing all of them will give me anything?

I was playing this a lot till I got the 100% gold, but now I feel like I dont have much to do. The AI on the hardest level isnt hard still, I can start last place and get to the first position so quickly. Online mode is great though, but sometimes I dont have the patience to wait for the race I want.

I hope they announce new stuff at Playstation Experience.

Fnord

I have yet to do an online race (1. Online is not really my thing 2. I'm afraid I'll get curb stomped). But I'm still having a blast with GTS. In fact, after delving into the VR mode, I'm seriously considering getting my first wheel/pedals/shifter rig. The VR mode is a bit on the limited side at the moment, but I'm hoping they expand it in the future. At least let the time spent driving in that mode count toward everything like all the other modes. But I digress. I'm really digging GTS. I'll probably end up hopping online at some point. Really like the livery editor (but also anxiously await the svg uploader). Physics are on point. Game is absolutely stunning.

Almost caved and bought for £25 but no older wheel support, only part of what the game used to be (along with all the bullshit about it not taking as long to develop - yeah right!), I've decided to vote with my wallet!

Now just hoping PD come back with a bang on ps5 .....

Alebelly

I passed on this game because the beta didn't really grab me, then I tried the the PC2 demo ... and no. So I jumped in and got GT Sport. Its fucking incredible. I am kinda enamoured by the whole package, its lovely.

JP

v1.10 is now live.

The content is free but as expected the cars have been added to the dealers so you do have to earn them just like all the other cars.

Perhaps most importantly, they've now added the typical GT style Christmas music.

v1.10 said:
Main Features Implemented

1. Campaign Mode
– ‘GT League' has been added. This is a mode in which you can challenge a variety of races using cars from your garage (Every league requires a certain Driver Level to enter).

2. New Cars
  1. Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) (N300)
  2. Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32) (N300)
  3. Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) (N300)
  4. Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (N400)
    i1GdNhYFEl9Kk.jpg
  5. Lamborghini Countach LP400 (N400)
  6. Ferrari F40 (N500)
  7. Ferrari Enzo Ferrari (N700)
    i1FRcXIpoUYDg.jpg
  8. KTM X-BOW R (N300)
  9. Suzuki Swift Sport (N100)
  10. Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1) (N100)
    i1RE8dHRx2xWPO.jpg
  11. Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova (N700)
  12. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) (N300)

3. Tracks
– Gran Turismo Sport patch 1.10 added a new layout, the ”Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi" has been added.

4. Scapes
– A new "Season's Greetings" group has been added to the Top Screen. New photo scenes are included in the group.

5. Brand Central
– We have added the ”Lewis Hamilton Reference Laps #1 – Nürburgring" to the ‘Lewis Hamilton' section of Brand Central;
– A museum section has been added to Chevrolet.
– Special Scapes scenes have been added to Bugatti.

6. Top 24 Superstars
– In the FIA Championships within Sport mode, a ‘Top 24 Superstars' race will be held as the final round of each race season. This will be a single race within the final round, where only one group will be matched among the top drivers. In this race you will earn more points than a standard race.

7. Lobby
– Added a new [Settings] section under [Event Settings] -> [Regulation Settings].

8. Physics Simulation Model
– Traction control while turning has been adjusted to allow smoother cornering.

9. Controller
– The DUALSHOCK®4 motion sensor steering sensitivity has been adjusted so that steering requires less rotation.

10. Buttons Assignment
– It is now possible to set throttle and brakes in the buttons assignments of the wireless and steering controllers. The settings can be changed from [Options] -> [Controller];
– Fixed an issue where the operation of the left/right stick on the T-GT steering controller was affected by the wireless controller assignment settings.

11. Sound
– Tires screeching sounds have been adjusted;
– The sound balance of the Chaparral Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo has been adjusted.

12. Additional Language
– Thai language support has been added to the Asian version.

There's also a raft of balance chances in the game.

Gran Turismo Sport | Patch 1.10 Holiday Update | PS4 (YouTube)

FDC1

Game is 29.99€ for the week-end in the last offer of the Christmas sale on the EU stores for those wanting to cash in now.

Top Bottom