• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz Album titled "Humanz" releases April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

you arent asking for musicality or melody, you are asking for a cheap hook that makes you remind the song.

you should remind a song for the song, not because has something that hooks you up, i mean everybody has right to have a favorite part of a song, but thats no the point of music.

Pretty sure I'm asking for musicality or melody. I cited Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head, which is a fuckin spoken word poem. When Dennis Hopper asks "why was the mountain bringing darkness into their lives?" he has better delivery than anything on this album. ffs, my favorite artist on the planet is Shpongle. Definitely not an artist with hooks.

Don't support the scalpers :(

Yeah, cancelled my order after how shady it all felt. I'll buy from scalpers if need be but preferably not one's asking for a photo of my picture ID. Spoke to them on the phone and the person on the other end said that if they cancel the order due to my identity not being confirmed I'd be blacklisted on most ticket sites. Which, uh, okay? I'd rather take my chances.

WolveyFTV

Neo Member
I'm really liking the album's theme so far. The whole 'end of the world' disco party thing its going for is great. I haven't listened to the leak, waiting on the full release, but Saturnz Barz is easily a top 10 gorillaz song for me and Ascension gets me hyped.

What are you guys's favorite gorillaz tracks? Mine goes:
1. November has come
2. Every planet we reach is dead
3. Clint eastwood
4. On melancholy hill
5. Doncamatic

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
it's the artists work, they put on what they feel best flows with the album to their ears and not necessarily what plays the best for the audience
wtzgU.gif

it's the artists work, they put on what they feel best flows with the album to their ears and not necessarily what plays the best for the audience
wtzgU.gif
It's not about whether it flows. But they advertised a deluxe edition with 26 tracks. If the deluxe CD has the 26 tracks and the vinyl doesn't that's pretty bs. Because in addition to the artbook, those extra tracks are what you payed for when buying a deluxe edition.

a sincere fuck you to all of you listening to this right now and coming here to brag about how good songs are.

I'm trying to hold on here. Y'all going to a weight watchers meeting eating a whole fucking cheesecake in front of everybody.

Thinking of handing off the OT to someone else. I've already done work on it that I've sent out a bit but for personal reasons I'm trying to use GAF a lot less and I feel like working on and maintaining an OT would be counter productive to that.

I don't think much editing needs to get done tbh. I mean sure links to concerts would be nice and all, but if you link to their sites concert tour list that'd probably be enough.

Why not post the OT and then if it ever reaches OT2 the next person can handle it. Though if you really feel an OT would need frequent updating I'd nominate hughesta. Seems to be among the most active users in this thread.

It's mostly done, and both Hughesta and Wenis have a copy of the OT, though Wenis has one of the more recent ones. I guess I could always just post it as is but I feel it deserves more respect than that lol. Though I did put a fair bit of time into it as is.

I'm so confused by the app trailer. Is there gonna be an app to accompany the album like Bjork did a few years ago? I searched on Google play and all I found was preorders for the album.

Van Bur3n

Waiting for my physical album to listen to the whole thing. Although, I did listen to "The Apprentice" today. Not bad, but I wasn't feeling it. Perhaps if I keep listening to it the song will grow on me. First time I heard "Let Me Out" I felt the same way until I kept listening to it and I absolutely love the song now.

NotLiquid

The Apprentice has made me far more excited for the Deluxe version in terms of seeing it more than just a couple of B-sides. It is so fucking smooth, a new favorite Gorillaz track for sure.

-GJ-

According to Reddit: the bonus songs aren't on the delivery vinyl
Which I think to be incredibly stupid.
It's already 2 LP's with 3-4 songs per side (+ short interludes). Including the bonus tracks would've meant including a third LP which would make it even more expensive.

beta_fuse

I gave in and finally listened to it in whole. I'm very disappointed personally. Andromeda is still easily my favorite track and there aren't really any others that stood out for me. I know a lot of you who have listened have enjoyed some songs but man I just didn't click with any of them except Andromeda.

I gave in and finally listened to it in whole. I'm very disappointed personally. Andromeda is still easily my favorite track and there aren't really any others that stood out for me. I know a lot of you who have listened have enjoyed some songs but man I just didn't click with any of them except Andromeda.
Did plastic beach click immediately with you? I remember being highly disappointed with plastic beach after demon days but after I wrapped my head on the idea that demon days will probably be their best album ever and gave more listens to plastic Beach I grew to appreciate it more after multiple run throughs

I ended up wasting 8 hours today waiting in line at Rough Trade NYC because it turns out Gorillaz carries about 100 peoples' worth of equipment on tour.

I'll get torn to shreds on here but i'm also very disappointed.
Loved all the other albums on first listen but this one just isn't clicking with me at all.
Will give it another few tries later in the year but so far i'm gutted.
she's my collar, andromeda and hallelujah money are good tracks but the album justing isn't working as a whole for me.

Plastic beach did improve for me after a few listens but even on the first run through i remember thinking it was a great album just not as good as demon days.
I'm praying that this one will get better on repeat listens but so far it's easily my least favourite album.

Any word on when the preorders are shipping out? I would suspect tomorrow or Thursday but wondering if anyone's online orders went from pending to confirmed - shipped.

13randO

It's pretty sick that the concert ticket comes with the album. Physical, too. The Apprentice is a mad decent addition to the already stellar tracklist.

aBarreras

I'll get torn to shreds on here but i'm also very disappointed.
Loved all the other albums on first listen but this one just isn't clicking with me at all.
Will give it another few tries later in the year but so far i'm gutted.
she's my collar, andromeda and hallelujah money are good tracks but the album justing isn't working as a whole for me.

at first i was like, yeah the songs are good but not that great, now i cant stop listening, is the only music i have listened for the last 2 days, humanz on repeat, no antenna.

you should give a few spins more

and yeah andromeda is really good

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Possibly controversial, but the Purple Machine Disco remix of Andromeda is better than the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom