• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVita can't play PSone Games? EDIT: Seems unlikely!

Javaman

Surely it'll work at first then be removed. A couple of years later we'll then be able to buy vita version ps1 rerereleases.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
My guess is that the US/EU launch will have the PSone emulation, and Japan would receive the update as well during the launch.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
But why isn't this ready at launch? Homebrewers would have already ported an emulator by now. :p

And yes, PS2 emulation isn't happening. I still want SH collection on this badly though. That alone would justify my purchase even if no other game ever came out for the system.

Bukana

I am really confused, there are two quotes, I think they NEED the PSOnce classics because they are doing very well.
I hope it's just a rumor because PSOne games on that screen will be vital.
I am pretty sure they will announce that Vita will also support PS2 Classics.

Raistlin

Why is this thread 3 pages long when the FAQ, which clearly answers this, was posted several times on the 1st page?

Takao

Banned
I am really confused, there are two quotes, I think they NEED the PSOnce classics because they are doing very well.
I hope it's just a rumor because PSOne games on that screen will be vital.
I am pretty sure they will announce that Vita will also support PS2 Classics.

Why is this thread 3 pages long when the FAQ, which clearly answers this, was posted several times on the 1st page?

This is an old thread, it was confirmed Vita won't support PS1 Classics at launch, but rather will get support in a firmware update. There was some fear that we'd have to rebuy our PS1 Classics on Vita, which Yoshida said won't happen, which is why I bumped the thread.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Lonely1 said:
And yes, PS2 emulation isn't happening. I still want SH collection on this badly though. That alone would justify my purchase even if no other game ever came out for the system.
HD Classics are coming, so it's just a question of which ones. I'd like SH collection to eventually include PSP game as well though.

Bukana

This is an old thread, it was confirmed Vita won't support PS1 Classics at launch, but rather will get support in a firmware update. There was some fear that we'd have to rebuy our PS1 Classics on Vita, which Yoshida said won't happen, which is why I bumped the thread.

Oh, that makes sense.
Thanks for clarifying it.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
HD Classics are coming, so it's just a question of which ones. I'd like SH collection to eventually include PSP game as well though.
Well, yeah. (Enhanced) Ports of Ps2 games that you can buy through PSN is definitively happening. But when people talk about Classics they are talking about emulation, I believe.

Top Bottom