• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

JeTmAn81

Reflex Vs. Mr. Mxyzptlk was made by the people who made Motocross Madness back in the day. I liked that game, so that's cool with me.

Not great, but it's been stand out for a few months so it'll do. Shame. I have The Escapists and haven't played it, wish they gave the Walking Dead edition instead, hah. The baseball game looked alright last I looked. I Am Alive, I'll take it. The last one? Nope.

mclem

I wonder if they might diverge from that in Europe? Baseball isn't really a game with huge appeal here.

(Fair's fair, it does seem to have had good reviews)

oti

Banned
I thought it was a joke when I saw Wario's tweet.

Although the baseball game looks kinda fitting for Halloween.

yyr

Why are people so quick to dismiss this month as trash? These games don't have 90s on Metacritic but they're not rated terribly either. Because they're less popular, I haven't played any of them, and it's likely that you guys haven't either.

Try taking a bite before you turn up your nose.

Heck, it's the right time of year for a baseball game and this one looks pretty good. And I'll definitely give Escapists a try. I didn't realize that it's from the same people as Worms.

Super Mega baseball is one of the best games from the last 2 years. Don't dismiss it just because you don't like sports games. It's not just a 'silly baseball game' either, it's really deep with difficult, challenging, strategic gameplay.

Feel like I have to preach about this because it's such a good game but people are either turned off by the cartoonish graphics or that it's sports. It got a 100/100 from Gaming age, 9/10 from polygon, 8.5/10 from Destructoid, etc. It's a legitimately great game.

Wizz-Art

First month in ages I don't own any of these. Was on the fence for buying the escapists last time it was on sale, so that's cool and my money's worth for Oktober. That baseball game looks fun!

Matthew23

The title is awful, but has anyone played Super Mega Baseball? If it's an arcade-y baseball game I might actually have fun playing that for free.

It's fantastic. I don't play any sports games these days due to their sim nature which is too slow for me but SMB is a throwback to old school sports games, like Nintendo era. It's pretty fast paced with a game taking around 20 minutes to complete. It's somewhat arcadey but still true to the sport. My single favorite feature is the difficulty system. Instead of a few different settings (easy,med,hard) you can adjust a slider from 1-100 to gain much more control. This is useful for evening out things against my wife who is terrible. Sports fan or not you should give it a go, the price is right.

I had already purchased for PS4 and PC and couldn't bring myself to buy it again for X1 (my only current console) so I'm glad to get it this way.

Apparently the multiplayer servers for MX vs. ATV: Reflex aren't even online anymore lol, which means 7 of the Achievements are unobtainable. >_>

Really MS?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
This doesn't look "Meh" at all. It's a nice spread of game genres, and all the games seem to be good titles that appeal to someone.

I will never get the "they're not big retail, so they're garbage!" mentality of people with these "free" games. Some of the best of XB360 laid in the ARCADE section, and Back-Compat gets us a lot of those once-worried-lost-forever titles as free games that play on your new console.

The worse thing about this month is that Escapist has been on sale and in bundles a lot. I believe I Am Alive has also been given away on PS+. But the others are probably a bit more unknown to the average subscriber, and therefore, to me, are good choices. Especially in the busy "What I'm mostly playing is what I'm buying" months.

Super Mega baseball is one of the best games from the last 2 years. Don't dismiss it just because you don't like sports games. It's not just a 'silly baseball game' either, it's really deep with difficult, challenging, strategic gameplay.

Feel like I have to preach about this because it's such a good game but people are either turned off by the cartoonish graphics or that it's sports. It got a 100/100 from Gaming age, 9/10 from polygon, 8.5/10 from Destructoid, etc. It's a legitimately great game.

It's fantastic. I don't play any sports games these days due to their sim nature which is too slow for me but SMB is a throwback to old school sports games, like Nintendo era. It's pretty fast paced with a game taking around 20 minutes to complete. It's somewhat arcadey but still true to the sport. My single favorite feature is the difficulty system. Instead of a few different settings (easy,med,hard) you can adjust a slider from 1-100 to gain much more control. This is useful for evening out things against my wife who is terrible. Sports fan or not you should give it a go, the price is right.

I had already purchased for PS4 and PC and couldn't bring myself to buy it again for X1 (my only current console) so I'm glad to get it this way.
I've had SMB on my Steam wishlist for a long time, didn't realize it was released on X1. For some reason, I thought it was more mouse-controlled baseball game but it must be with a fine controller, haha.

Montresor

Apparently the multiplayer servers for MX vs. ATV: Reflex aren't even online anymore lol, which means 7 of the Achievements are unobtainable. >_>

Really MS?

Forza Horizon 1 has two unobtainable achievements due to the "Rivals" section on Forza servers being disabled. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Montresor

I'm not interested in Reflex (I got my "racing" game fix with Horizon 1 beginning of September and Horizon 3 end of September).

I'm not interested in Escapists - I love indie games but I don't like that type of top-down, isometric game play. I'm not interested in I Am Alive - I can't stand survival games (I still have buyer's remorse over The Solus Project).

But these posts have guaranteed I'll try Super Mega Baseball:

Flux

I wish there was a horror theme for Halloween. I didn't know there was a connection between baseball and the start of the playoffs for Mlb. Guess I'll give it a try, but baseball is just so boring.

Dabanton

Already played I Am Alive but will grab the escapists as I did like the look of that.

I do love these threads though, when people get legit mad over the choices.

In for I Am Alive. I liked the demo way back, but just couldn't bring myself to commit to the purchase.

Mildly interested in Reflex. I did wring a bit of enjoyment out of Alive back when it was free.

Don't care about the X1 offerings, but I have plenty to keep me busy there. Still haven't started Sunset Overdrive.

painey

man, the art style of that baseball game just hurts my eyes to look at. disappointed in the 360 games this month, especially as the last GwG ATV game was one of the worst things I've ever played.

Jawmuncher

I wish there was a horror theme for Halloween. I didn't know there was a connection between baseball and the start of the playoffs for Mlb. Guess I'll give it a try, but baseball is just so boring.

The escapists has walking dead dlc i think.
So I guess that's the halloween connection....you just gotta pay for it.

I don't know what it would take me to play a baseball game. Probably some sort of payment. Or being forced by friends in a group setting.

I'm looking forward to trying The escapists.

EmiPrime

I don't know if I can even be bothered to redeem the games this month. One of the XB1 games being of a sport that only two countries in the entire world actually play is really silly.

Lima

I don't know if I can even be bothered to redeem the games this month. One of the XB1 games being of a sport that only two countries in the entire world actually play is really silly.

Not like Microsoft care about Europe before. Makes perfect sense imo.

So it turns out I had played through MX vs. ATV Reflex, as I figured. I guess it's the second game and I never got renting the first? Too bad they didn't release the first one free for my sake.

Ah well. I've got lots to play. I remember Reflex being decent.

Top Bottom