• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS Bloodborne Trailer

Bishop89

url

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Maybe I missed it before now, but this game just jumped up a few notches on the hype meter now that I know it will have cooperative co-op.

So in a game like this can the entire thing be co-op'd? I know not much about the online for Bloodborne is known, but perhaps previous games could shed some light? I am totally getting this, but I may find the setting and such a little overbearing to play solo if that makes sense.

I doubt you can co-op the entire thing with a friend. It'll probably be similar to Souls, where you can summon random players to help you at certain spots. You work together for a little while (typically to defeat a boss), and then you're on your own again.

Primeau31

that 30 min gameplay. legit teary-eyed during the boss fight. this is going to be amazing. Sony has a legitimate "system seller" for the first time in a loooong time.

also looks like, during that boss fight, the circle strafe to victory strategy of just about every single boss in Dark Souls II has been well taken care of.

i havent been this excited for a videogame since Final Fantasy VII.

that 30 min gameplay. legit teary-eyed during the boss fight. this is going to be amazing. Sony has a legitimate "system seller" for the first time in a loooong time.

also looks like, during that boss fight, the circle strafe to victory strategy of just about every single boss in Dark Souls II has been well taken care of.

i havent been this excited for a videogame since Final Fantasy VII.

cmon son. This game is MINE day 1, digital 1, maybe even special edition digital 1!!! Hyped.

Looks awesome. But are we sure that this has the same deep RPG systems in place like the Souls games? In the vid the character doesn't seem do gain exp from defeating enemies, which has me worried...

Any news who is the composer for this game beacuse that man/women is a god.

Michael Wandmacher seems to be the composer of Bloodborne.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910800/
Wandmacher has also composed music for videogames, including Activision's Singularity and Sony's Twisted Metal re-launch. A brief scan of Wandmacher's work reveals that he specializes in horror scores. This mostly reinforces early impressions about the tone of Bloodborne being darker than prior Souls titles.

hiryu

Wow! Bloodborne has the best artstyle and atmosphere I've ever seen in a game. It's amazing. It really reminds me of some John Blanche art.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Does he ever block? How does blocking work in this game? Cuz this dude is getting wrecked by the generic undead enemies. I never say him block once.

Does he ever block? How does blocking work in this game? Cuz this dude is getting wrecked by the generic undead enemies. I never say him block once.

Welcome to Bloodborne

No blocking allowed

As Miyazaki stated. Every battle is meant to feel like a struggle to stay alive

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Welcome to Bloodborne

No blocking allowed

As Miyazaki stated. Every battle is meant to feel like a struggle to stay alive

Oh, then no blocking makes sense. Now I'm hyped again! Also, in the trailers, its only ever shown the PC's being in those black robes and face masks, does the armor change at all?

CHC

I don't know how I feel about that. Do we know anything about the story? How does hollowing and humanity come into it, if at all?

It looks like one but it isn't really a Souls game. By all accounts there are no bonfires / hollows / humanity, the mechanics will be totally different. Regarding the story we only know it's a city overrun by a disease that turns people to beasts and you are on a journey there for some reason. Blood and beasts will likely take the place of souls and hollows, respectively.

Oh, then no blocking makes sense. Now I'm hyped again! Also, in the trailers, its only ever shown the PC's being in those black robes and face masks, does the armor change at all?

They've said there will be plenty of different armor and weapons in the game, just like the Souls games.

Oppo

I know, I know, another for the pile.. I am late... But...

god

fucking

dammit

just ... speechless

FaintDeftone

I don't think I've ever been so hyped for a game in my life. The last time I was this excited for a game was Twilight Princess. This will possibly be worth every penny I spent on a PS4.

Well shiiiiiiit. My wallet is going to be hurting this winter. Kids 1st bday day before thanks giving, Xmas, GTA5, LBP3, Bloodborne(my god, my pants are tight right now), and hopefully The order. Id really like to snag driveclub too, but that aint happening right now.

zewone

So in a game like this can the entire thing be co-op'd? I know not much about the online for Bloodborne is known, but perhaps previous games could shed some light? I am totally getting this, but I may find the setting and such a little overbearing to play solo if that makes sense.
If its like past Soul games, you can co op about 90% of the game.

Defuser

Blood vials instant heal....grassing is back motherfuckers. The parry gunshots look fucking awesome. Now I know why bloodborne looks familiar, charging and weapon secondary modes reminds me of Monster Hunter.

I don't know how I feel about that. Do we know anything about the story? How does hollowing and humanity come into it, if at all?

This isn't a spiritual successor to Dark Souls. This is a spiritual successor to Demon Souls. Demon's Souls doesn't use Hollowing and humanity.

haven't played any souls game so am i crazy to be preordering the collector's edition when it is up? the environment compared to the souls game is somehow more my taste and i am loving what i am seeing so far!

This game is a spiritual sequel to Demon's Souls - which in itself is far different than Dark Souls (I prefer DemSouls)

zewone

This isn't a spiritual successor to Dark Souls. This is a spiritual successor to Demon Souls. Demon's Souls doesn't use Hollowing and humanity.
Eh...Soul form and stone of ephemeral eyes were basically the same mechanics with different names.

Conezays

Do we have any idea about experience/"souls?" There is no visible number counter on screen like the Souls games; I wonder if they're omitting something similar altogether, or just not showing it/their leveling system in these demos yet.

Top Bottom