• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Azure J

Somehow I already expected that to be Sonic R even before reading not Rihanna

not sure if good or bad
probably good

Son, you can do no wrong, no wrong, with the Sonic R soundtrack.

Work It Out (Make It Real) > Living In The City > Super Sonic Racing = You're My Number One > Can You Feel The Sunshine > Diamond In The Sky > Back In Time

Work It Out (Make It Real) > Living In The City > Super Sonic Racing = You're My Number One > Can You Feel The Sunshine > Diamond In The Sky > Back In Time

Can You Feel the Sunshine is really the only thing from that OST I don't like. I like the rest of it though.

Beckx

So what I have I missed...I tried digging through the salt mine that comprises the last several pages and saw that maybe we're getting special backgrounds for Supers? Sweet. Any other cool stuff from the stream?

Moonlight

Banned
So what I have I missed...I tried digging through the salt mine that comprises the last several pages and saw that maybe we're getting special backgrounds for Supers? Sweet. Any other cool stuff from the stream?
Brady created an incredibly innovative and cutting edge new main menu for Skullgirls, powered by blast processing and hot babes on jetskis. I anticipate it's glorious debut at Salty Cupcakes.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
*Poor Beam'd Minette*

XD The beginning of this one here was also relevant, actually

tumblr_mltga4gg3Z1s9kej6o3_400.png
zlCfzQ9dA4E_fA6gcI

Now we can actually put them together!

Minette Anti-fans! Vote for her, so you too can show your hate with Lazerbeams!

*respect*

TheOGB

Banned
RANDOM IDEA FOR LAB ZERO:
When (if)
(when)
Eliza gets in the game you should have her VA sing In A Moment's Time for finishing her Arcade or Story mode. Then show some post-credits art thanking donators
and maybe sequel hooks...? :3

That post-credits art would be cool for whoever wins, though. It could be the art you make for the reveal.

Need my U.S. RDA of Vitamins T and M!
RDA
vitamins
bones and blood

It's Eliza guys

That'd be a huge shocker, and I for one would applaud them for doing it, haha

woah

back up

Diamond In The Sky = Back In Time > the rest of your list in its order

Proven

So, I only noticed this thread because of a link talking about the Paypal bullshit. It's... a very hype filled thread.

Voting for Eliza though. Gotta go with the solid gameplay. The African/Egyptian artstyle is a nice bonus on top.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Why am I not as cute as them" is how I feel as well.

Proven

Also, I endorse this list.

Loona

On the while gender thing, I'd be OK with female Panzerfaust.

For Annie, it'd kinda make sense if she'd been born male and her mother wished on the Skullheart for a little girl instead - I have a harder time imagining how the wish that kept Annie as she is might have been phrased.

On the Eliza theory, does the concept of gender even apply to parasites? She's so deeply bonded with Sekhmet, that might count as male, that lines may blur there...

NEO0MJ

On the Eliza theory, does the concept of gender even apply to parasites? She's so deeply bonded with Sekhmet, that might count as male, that lines may blur there...

Sekhmet is wearing make up for some reason, so I think it's supposed to be female.

Azure J

One thing I have to say about Annie's design vs. her fanart, I feel like fanart does a good job of making her more distinct with all the extra touches on her standard looking gear. I love that JoJo's use of stars and different astrological symbols to frame parts of her top, I liked that one art with the falling stars suspended about her giving her a extraterrestrial aura/vibe and I really liked the Kamina shades edit. Something about the shape of the frames and the orange brought it up a few notches immediately.

Not to be one of those "I totally know character design gaiz" types, but anyone else kinda feel that her base look is kinda too subdued for the motif she's going to be representing? I just feel like even if you did something like put stars around her cuffs (lol YuGiOh duelist kingdom flashbacks all of a sudden) and collar, she'd jump up a fair bit visually.

One thing I have to say about Annie's design vs. her fanart, I feel like fanart does a good job of making her more distinct with all the extra touches on her standard looking gear. I love that JoJo's use of stars and different astrological symbols to frame parts of her top, I liked that one art with the falling stars suspended about her giving her a extraterrestrial aura/vibe and I really liked the Kamina shades edit. Something about the shape of the frames and the orange brought it up a few notches immediately.

Not to be one of those "I totally know character design gaiz" types, but anyone else kinda feel that her base look is kinda too subdued for the motif she's going to be representing? I just feel like even if you did something like put stars around her cuffs (lol YuGiOh duelist kingdom flashbacks all of a sudden) and collar, she'd jump up a fair bit visually.

To turn that around, I think her apparent plainness is going to make what she's going to look like in motion that much more crazy--especially when you know what some of her skills may be, and what references are being used for her.

Same for Minette--I expect that if she gets in, she'll have a stunning sort of vibrance going on with her animations.

And I can't begin to imagine how Eliza and Aeon might get animated, haha.

That Annie picture above is perfect. Just the right way to get the Jojos cast excited.

Lab Zero Games knows what they are doing. You think people didn't have the same reaction to Filia and others in the cast? That is why they gave Filia her DP super and showed it off to publishers instead of just using a still. Peacock looks pretty good, but her appeal absolutely skyrocketed when we saw Dio's road roller and goodfellas super. Ms. Fortune got super typcast on her reveal as a catgirl as well, but people fell in love with her VA's performance, dat bloody level 3 and her silly head's animations. When we see Annie in motion I guarantee that many on the fence will appreciate her more. People who dislike her because she is a "loli" are a lost cause.

Also, you brought up black holes for her. I haven't seen any indication that she'll use them, but she should totally have something even if it's a level 5. It'd be a great mechanic if her black hole sucked up dead bodies. Then she'd be an interesting counterpick against characters like Scythana or Valentine.

Edit: You should read my post in the ASW voting thread regarding Baiken. I think you'd appreciate the subtleties a little more then.

TheOGB

Banned
I've intercepted the text from Ravidrath responding to Master Chibi. The answer is spoilered below:

...Alright then, I'll tell you.
It is a secret to everyone. Except me, of course.

Top Bottom