• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki hints at possible Demon's Souls 2 announcement?

GeekyDad

Seems like so little to go on...but hey, I'll jump on the hopeful bandwagon. I've only pre-ordered one game in my life. This would be the second.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
If there is a sequel it will be interesting to see how they handle it. I mean, there
is only one Nexus....and the Old One is asleep now so
...yeah I wouldn't know where to start with that.

ManeKast

Absolutely awesome if this is true.

Seriously though, with all the GOTY nominations and unerground hype for this game I still wonder why the original never got PAL release.

Can anyone here give sales figures for this game in Asia and the USA? Would be interested to know.

A sequel would be amazing and I would buy it day one of course but I still want a 6th archstone via DLC or something. It sounds like the best world out of the six.

That is SERIOUSLY low amount of info to be running on, but count me in as one who will jump up and down if it happens. Best new series, and easily one of the defining titles of the generation. It's one that will be played for years down the road.

oh god.. ive been waiting for this... first rumors of a Demon's Souls 2... oh man... i will scream so loud if it actually gets announced. though if it's for PSP, i will flip the fuck out and break things.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
astroturfing said:
oh god.. ive been waiting for this... first rumors of a Demon's Souls 2... oh man... i will scream so loud if it actually gets announced. though if it's for PSP, i will flip the fuck out and break things.
Yes.

Euphor!a

Banned
Was there any information on when this "announcement" will happen? Or did they just say that an unannounced game was being developed and didn't mention anything about it actually being announced.

I hope we get to see lush forests (maybe some creepy woods at night) and a ghost town (a thriving mountainside town where people used to live before the demons came), as well as a snowy mountain with lots of caves. As for gameplay, it would be cool if this time around armor was fully upgradeable (like weapons and shields) and if we could wear pendants in addition to rings. I wouldn't want FROM to mess too much with the attack system, nor introduce combos or stuff like that. Keep it simple. New enemies are a must, of course.

In regards to the story, a friend mentioned that it would be a good idea to make a prequel, you would play as a Boletarian character in the middle of the demon invasion (remember those huge demons shown while the Monumental talks?), and you do a lot of quests which end up affecting or setting up the events of the first game. You end up being responsible for
the false king's rise to power, Freke, Yuria, Yurt, Biorr and Blige being imprisoned, Vinland's fall, and the death of countless others
Euphor!a said:
Was there any information on when this "announcement" will happen? Or did they just say that an unannounced game was being developed and didn't mention anything about it actually being announced.
We're doing announcements of hints of announcements now, try to keep up. :D

I hope if there is a sequel they don't try to go away from what was great about DS. I would love a different environment. something with more color to the game.

[Nintex]

FunkyPajamas said:
We're doing announcements of hints of announcements now, try to keep up. :D
rumors about tweets about vague comments of hints of announcements of announcements of countdown clocks.

Man

DMPrince said:
something with more color to the game.
No no no no.
I don't allow it.

Don't colorize the sequel. Don't make cartoon chars angry and hip. Don't backstab the franchise follower with a mega twist removing the main char. Don't add tons of auto-aim. Don't...

I want new areas and enemies while keeping the dread. Expand the already addictive crafting system. Keep the online system integrated like in Demon's Souls (death to lobbies and online awareness. Demon's Souls is solitude brilliance in an mmo environment). More 'online activity' stones and runes that affect online play in more ways.

Euphor!a said:
If this came out on PSP instead of PS3 it would be far and away my biggest disappointment in gaming.

Definitely. It would be similar to playing Silent Hill on PSP all the atmosphere is for the most part gone.

AKS

Selfishly, I'd like Demon Souls 2 as soon as possible, but Europeans seriously deserve to get an official release first. They've been waiting forever on a game that won some Game of the Year awards in the US. That's really not fair to them.

eggandI

Banned
Also, these dudes released Armored Core For Answer 1 yr and 3 months after AC4 and that game was quite the improvement over AC4. It's already been a year and a couple of days since DS came out in Japan so I can totally see a sequel by fall this year :D

A.R.K

+1 for DS2

More Magic
More Miracles
More Huge bad ass bosses
More Enviorments
More Choices
More Quests
More Souls
More You gonna get your ass kicked for sure :D

YESSSS PLEASE!!!!!!

BeeDog

For the sequel, I hope they add some more open-ended environments (like, as someone said, a dark forest or whatever), while still retaining some claustrophobia-inducing levels like 3-2. :D Fix the ragdolls, improve the engine, and some badass bosses/enemies, and voilá!

(the game mechanics are PERFECT as is, so shut up Haunted! :p)

Euphor!a

Banned
AKS said:
Selfishly, I'd like Demon Souls 2 as soon as possible, but Europeans seriously deserve to get an official release first. They've been waiting forever on a game that won some Game of the Year awards in the US. That's really not fair to them.

Just import it like everyone else prior to the US release.

Alex

PSP is fine if it had to be done, but I'd prefer it on a console. Couple of outdoorsy environments, maybe a stronger take on the co-op if it can be done without hurting the single.

I've never met a person who owns a PSP. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!?

More like who are you people who are RPG/strategy nuts and don't own a PSP? This (non-PC) generation is almost all handheld for any genre but shooter.

Virro

Alex said:
PSP is fine if it had to be done, but I'd prefer it on a console. Couple of outdoorsy environments, maybe a stronger take on the co-op if it can be done without hurting the single.

More like who are you people who are RPG/strategy nuts and don't own a PSP? This (non-PC) generation is almost all handheld for any genre but shooter.

DS2 on PSP would probably force me to finally buy one.

Please no.

oracrest

awesome to hear!

I figured a sequel was inevitable, it seems to be doing pretty well. I have had a really good time with it.

Yoboman

140.85 said:
If there is a sequel it will be interesting to see how they handle it. I mean, there
is only one Nexus....and the Old One is asleep now so
...yeah I wouldn't know where to start with that.
Who says it has to be the same world

Majmun

Would be great. I love LOVE Demon's Souls

And please, no crazy item droprates this time around. I still need a Pure Baldestone *SIGH

Euphor!a said:
If this came out on PSP instead of PS3 it would be far and away my biggest disappointment in gaming.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Definitely. It would be similar to playing Silent Hill on PSP all the atmosphere is for the most part gone.

You people are nuts. There's only one way to improve Demon's Souls: make it possible to play Demon's Souls anywhere in the world.

I'll be happy with it on PS3 too, but portable Demon's Souls... I'd never do anything else again.

Dragona Akehi said:
You people are nuts. There's only one way to improve Demon's Souls: make it possible to play Demon's Souls anywhere in the world.

I'll be happy with it on PS3 too, but portable Demon's Souls... I'd never do anything else again.

I get where your going as the game is so perfect doing little chunks at a time however, the sounds and atmosphere are absolutely key and I don't feel they can be given any justice on a hand-held. If they did a dumbed down spin-off along with the PS3 game than hell yeah I would be there.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
(  ゚,_ゝ゚) omg do want

Time to finally finish 1 soon
( ゚◡◡゚)

matmanx1

DO NOT tease me about Demon's Souls 2. I'd prefer to not know anything than have some sort of hope that turns out to be false. If this turns out to be something else (and how do we even know it's a From Software title?) there are going to be ALOT of disappointed people because of this thread. I'm warning you!!

Majmun

A PSP version wouldn't work. You really need the right stick to move the camera around to see what nasty things are chasing you or are behind a corner.

And of course you'll need to block. So no camera control through the L1-R1 buttons..

Yeah, just keep this a PS3 game.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
It would be cool if you could upgrade your armor this time like you can upgrade weapons.

BruceLeeRoy said:
I get where your going as the game is so perfect doing little chunks at a time however, the sounds and atmosphere are absolutely key and I don't feel they can be given any justice on a hand-held. If they did a dumbed down spin-off along with the PS3 game than hell yeah I would be there.

I'm sorry, but "atmosphere" is such bullshit. Demon's Souls looks nice and all, but the artstyle could definitely be done "justice" on the PSP.

A better reason to keep it off the portables would be the online functionality (which I had to be reminded about *cough*) and possibly a lack of buttons on the PSP.

I'd love a PSP version, definitely, but that would also mean giving up the persistant world online stuff which would be a shame. I'd definitely like them to radically improve and elaborate on the concept of the white and black tendancies a lot more in a sequel.

Top Bottom