• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT11| Have Mercy

attack eichenwalde.

someone said the team of healer and tank.

they already instalocked mercy and ana.

so went zarya.

got full charge within 10 seconds at the choke after clearing out the sym guns at spawn.

so we have a rein too.

like bitch. youre not going to push in. i was more forward then he was. he never pushed in. i think i was the only person near the point.

lets just say we never capped the point.

so it was defend now. someone else locked rein because they complained the other rein didn't do anything.
so the rein switched to junk.

just a quick comp switch and surprised they couldn't cap the point. it's probably because i was more aggressive and building my energy and bubbling people. granted i couldn't bubble mercy when dva ulted. but she can hide behind my bubble right? or will she still die?

EDIT:
oh. is this the end?

now i can be top poster in this lonely thread.

Veelk

Banned
Can someone PM me an overwatch discord invite? I don't really know how to work discord yet so I don't know how to search for it.

carlos

geeze, first hurricane maria knocks out my power, water , and internet, now I don't have a gaf to come back to? 2017 sucks worse than 2016.

anyway, I hope that those who added me on psn still remember me whenever I manage to return to OW

exYle

Yeah guys, if the OW-GAF discord ever opens again, know that most of the moderation there wants no affiliation with GAF or wherever most of its community ends up. They're just there to talk about
complain about
OW and be chill.

The OW discord is no longer affiliated with NeoGAF. Currently it is in lock down mode.

Just maintain contact for the future.

Thats unfortunate.

I'm somewhat new to overwatch gaf and only have a couple of you on my friends list.

I'll keep watching this thread for updates though.

Blues1990

Thats unfortunate.

I'm somewhat new to overwatch gaf and only have a couple of you on my friends list.

I'll keep watching this thread for updates though.

If you ever want to play with me, feel free to ask whenever I'm on.

Godspeed, people.
4bd4444f-27c6-464c-b192-5e4cb8b5e84b.png

Veelk

Banned
The OW discord is no longer affiliated with NeoGAF. Currently it is in lock down mode.

Just maintain contact for the future.

What does this mean, exactly?

I'm completely new to discord and I'm not sure what it means. That it's currently inactive? That no one can get in?

exYle

I'm completely new to discord and I'm not sure what it means. That it's currently inactive? That no one can get in?

Discord is a chat/voice over IP app, kinda like Skype

There's a channel, or chatroom, where people who used to be involved in the OW-GAF community hang out.

Currently it is active with members talking, but it is locked from more people joining UNLESS they are directly invited by Anne

After NeoGAF went down a lot of discords that were formed in the wake were raided by other sites with very NSFW posts. That happened yesterday evening and it has been on lock down since.

It's for security reasons, not because we dont want to let people in.

Just be patient and maintain contact with whoever you talk to outside of the forum.

Veelk

Banned
After NeoGAF went down a lot of discords that were formed in the wake were raided by other sites with very NSFW posts. That happened yesterday evening and it has been on lock down since.

It's for security reasons, not because we dont want to let people in.

Just be patient and maintain contact with whoever you talk to outside of the forum.

I don't really do that. The Gaf overwatch community was largely my only source. People who I talked to personally, I did over PM.

Well, put in a good word for me in the meantime buddy.

I know there's not many here that play on Xbone but I've always enjoyed the discussion here. Any ideas where people are going off to besides the discord chat?

The discords are pretty much where most of the core gaffers are so it's obvious why they're trying to keep things under wraps, especially with whats being planned.

R0ckman

The thing that frustrates me about this game is that a lot of the times there is no ideal games in QP to train my McCree aiming, while its gotten loads better, I end up on teams where people are dying INSTANTLY during encounters way too much, so I'll end up fighting their whole team more often than not. Run to change position, come put of a flank area, entire team is dead.

Yeah guys, if the OW-GAF discord ever opens again, know that most of the moderation there wants no affiliation with GAF or wherever most of its community ends up. They're just there to talk about
complain about
OW and be chill.

I LOVE complaining about Overwatch. I also want to keep up with the folks who play the games I play. I said my goodbyes to my TF2 guys and gals. I would appreciate an invite as well.

Someone might have to ask her for me cuz I'm wondering if I got my ass blocked because I said I didn't like McCree like a year ago. I still don't like McCree but I'll be a good boy.

The thing that frustrates me about this game is that a lot of the times there is no ideal games in QP to train my McCree aiming, while its gotten loads better, I end up on teams where people are dying INSTANTLY during encounters way too much, so I'll end up fighting their whole team more often than not. Run to change position, come put of a flank area, entire team is dead.
I've used rank to practice my McCree lol. Only when every tank and healer spot are taken.
But good news I'm getting a little better with zarya. Maybe cause I adjusted my in game sensitivity and changed my DPI
Drawing on screen like every one is French

I think I was already in one of the discords, as its no longer in my list, lol.

In other news, I finally got all the halloween skins I wanted.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Got 700 coins from loot boxes today. If I hadn't wasted my money last week I'd be able to buy Mercy's skin :(

I haven't been around here for like 6 OTs, and I don't play Overwatch nearly as much as I used to, but it was certainly a fun ride while it lasted. I know I already have a bunch of you guys as PSN friends, but if any of you other guys for some reason want to keep in contact with me, here you go:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarioHeadThe3rd

PSN (Where I usually play OW): badboy_zjr

Battle.Net: MarioHead3#1498

Plus, I stream on Twitch a bunch: https://www.twitch.tv/mariohead3

As far as Discord or whatever else, just message me on Twitter to send/get any extra info.

That's about it, I suppose. Later days all.

Huh, I distinctly remember joining Discord just to use the Overwatch Gaf Discord at launch but I didn’t keep up with using it after a month or two and I guess sometime between then and now I either got booted for inactivity or it started over?

Sucks, but I guess with all the shenanigans going on now it’s understandable why it’s on lockdown.

exYle

Huh, I distinctly remember joining Discord just to use the Overwatch Gaf Discord at launch but I didn’t keep up with using it after a month or two and I guess sometime between then and now I either got booted for inactivity or it started over?

Sucks, but I guess with all the shenanigans going on now it’s understandable why it’s on lockdown.

A large number of inactive people were kicked. You may have to wait to be reinvited

Nephtis

Sucks that I only just now found out about the existence of these GAF discord servers.

I would've liked to play OW with you guys D:

Veelk

Banned
Edit: Dammit, I don't know how this stupid discord thing is supposed to work, I just want to get in on overwatch gaf discord, ughadsfguadsgbadsfjg

Okay, I've been trying to send out PM's to people, and I'm still going to do that, but the ten minute limit is making it a pain in the ass, so I'm just gonna throw out my DIscord here. Anyone who'd like to add me can add me.

It's better to wait. This would be a very bad time to post your discord to the public. There's a reason the gaf discords are locked

Chance

I had no idea how much I would miss this thread and this place until it was taken away. I was jonesing for all of you, as soon as it went down, and I just felt sadder about it as time wore on. I was so accustomed to opening GAF on the regular and getting salt in my eyes or hearing about little triumphs and seeing new PotGs that having it just – poof – gone was like… a death. You’re my news feed, my teachers, my friends and the whole of the Internet felt very empty and very inconsequential, in the absence of this thread and these peeps.

Anne, I’m going to send you a PM about this Discord thing people keep talking about. I really, really hope this community, at least, can stick together.

with the season about to be over soon.

my mercy is 55% WR (76-62-7)
Zen 57% (57-43-5)
Ana 49% (29-30)
Lucio 46% (6-7-1)
Zarya 41% (13-18-1)
Dva 54% (12-10)

honorable mention

Orisa 54% (6-5-1)

guess it's work on my tank next season. i don't mind tanking if i can get some healing.

Schlep

Last two sessions have been 4-8. This is after playing with some friends and going from 2850 to 3333 on my alt. The rubber banding in this game is real.

Well, I think I'm done with competitive for the season. It did not go well. Down 200 SR from my peak and also down a rank. Oh well, time to do better next season.

Owzers

The PS4 blog squad has taken a hit. We've (allegedly) sexually harassed the bare minimum of people in order to continue being a sanctioned gaf squad but still morale is down. Grabass Wednesdays? I dunno, we can't give up.

mollipen

Just wanted to let everyone over on this side (since there's obviously crossover) that I've put together an OW artwork Discord to see if people are interested in keeping that alive. (Since it was more art-based and less conversation-based, maybe not, but we'll see.)

If anyone wants an invite, just PM me on here or DM me on Twitter (same name). And if you want to give a heads up to the folks in the main OW Discord, please do. (I'm not in there yet, and it seems a bit crazy getting in right now, so not sure when I will be.)

Top Bottom