• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | October 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

Not sure why the icon thread was closed, it was totally civilised conversation, discussion on actual design procedures, and had an effect on changing a lot of bad icons out there.

But this. Hoh boy, this:

oudrogj38wsz.jpg

Wow.

jariw

Stop me if you've heard this one before: next week's sizing up to be pretty big:

Poi: Explorer Edition (October 23)
Just Dance 2018 (October 24)
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of The New Moon (October 24)
This is the Police (October 24)
The Mummy Demastered (October 24)
Knight Terrors (October 24)
Zombie Gold Rush (October 26)
Violett (October 26)
Splasher (October 26)
Moon Hunters (October 26)
Mutation Nation (October 26)
Super Mario Odyssey (October 27)
Lumo (October 27)

If anything's been delayed, let me know. These are just digital dates.

Lumo is listed as November 16 for the NoE eShop at least.

Bazry

Not sure why the icon thread was closed, it was totally civilised conversation, discussion on actual design procedures, and had an effect on changing a lot of bad icons out there.

But this. Hoh boy, this:

Wow.

Probably because it was based around the Snake Pass icon, which has since been resolved

Maybe start a new more generalised thread?

also wow at that icon

Jethro

Where is the demo of Heroes of Monkey Tavern? Can't find it on its gamepage.

Edit: As mentioned in the Newssection. There will be a Halloween eShop Sale starting 24. till November 2nd.

chronomac

Lumo is listed as November 16 for the NoE eShop at least.

I bet it was delayed. It was originally announced with a 10/27 date, physical and digital, but I see the 11/16 date in a couple places now. Need to make sure it's not just the physical part getting bumped back.

deadfolk

I would say go for it. I really don't know what issues there are to speak of. This is my first time playing Oxenfree and I am really enjoying it. Really has me hooked.

The plot thickens!

I have to stop buying games for the moment anyway, as I have filled my SD card and only have room for Mario. I might grab it once I manage to upgrade.

maxcriden

Where is the demo of Heroes of Monkey Tavern? Can't find it on its gamepage.

Edit: As mentioned in the Newssection. There will be a Halloween eShop Sale starting 24. till November 2nd.

FWIW, only EU is confirmed as having a sale so far (though for the Switch component of the sale, region free is an available tool).

Elliot Quest is a major disappointment. It's nowhere near the quality of Zelda 2. Especially the battle mechanics is disappointing and has no depth at all. Just point and shoot until the slow enemy is dead. The level design is poor and confusing. Overall a very dull and mediocre game. Spend your money on something else.

maxcriden

Elliot Quest is a major disappointment. It's nowhere near the quality of Zelda 2. Especially the battle mechanics is disappointing and has no depth at all. Just point and shoot until the slow enemy is dead. The level design is poor and confusing. Overall a very dull and mediocre game. Spend your money on something else.

Sorry to hear you didn't like it. I hope it wasn't purchased on my recommendation, I'd feel bad steering you wrong. Personally I had a completely different experience with the game (on Wii U), but I understand your disappointment.

jholmes

The Darksiders games are $8 apiece on Wii U, in case you were meaning to play them or wanted to complete the duology.

Stick it to the Man is also on for a good price, if you like point-and-click games and wanted to play one that does some creative stuff with the GamePad, this is your game.

BooJoh

To follow up on yesterday's Moon Hunters news, today it's listed in the NA eShop as well, coming Oct 26th for $14.99.

Love adventure games so I'm curious about Siberia but have yet to see any reviews. Wonder if they'll do any package pricing by the time all 3 titles are released?

Sadsic

I just bought a 3DS for the first time - i know theres a huge ass backlog to go through here. what are like, the top 50 games or something

TheMoon

I just bought a 3DS for the first time - i know theres a huge ass backlog to go through here. what are like, the top 50 games or something

go to the main board, hit the search and type in "3DS recommendations" or "bought 3DS"
and you'll drown in threads listing all the must haves for you.

tolkir

Stop me if you've heard this one before: next week's sizing up to be pretty big:

Poi: Explorer Edition (October 23)
Just Dance 2018 (October 24)
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of The New Moon (October 24)
This is the Police (October 24)
The Mummy Demastered (October 24)
Knight Terrors (October 24)
Zombie Gold Rush (October 26)
Violett (October 26)
Splasher (October 26)
Moon Hunters (October 26)
Mutation Nation (October 26)
Super Mario Odyssey (October 27)
Lumo (October 27)

If anything's been delayed, let me know. These are just digital dates.

With all those, this month we are getting almost 50 new titles.
I think November could be bigger.

daxy

Really looking forward to The Mummy Demastered. Even if it's kinda janky, I got a weird sense of enjoyment out of licensed (movie) games on the GBC so I think I could enjoy this a lot.

TheMoon

Really looking forward to The Mummy Demastered. Even if it's kinda janky, I got a weird sense of enjoyment out of licensed (movie) games on the GBC so I think I could enjoy this a lot.

Why would it be janky? It's WayForward.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

I know right, those screenshots on the eShop look legit. I'm going to keep an eye out for it, it may actually be good.

But I have enough good things on my Switch, I'm not burning for any need new games.

jholmes

If anyone wants to find me on Steam, I'm on there.

If for some reason you want to catch me on Miiverse, I'm there.

Quote to see. Had a lot of fun with you guys.

Boogiepop

Enjoyed this thread, would appreciate a PM if there's any info on it reforming in a significant manner elsewhere. Though will check the new place, and hopefully at least some of this will migrate over.

watershed

Banned
Nintendo-gaf, I'm moving on. Taking into account Tyler's sexual inappropriateness, his personal conduct, and his attitude when interacting with his own gaf community, these new changes to gaf show how tone deaf he is to the issues people have with unaccountable moderation and taking away the very spaces and features that help people build community on a video game forum. Talking about "just games" on a forum that previously embraced expansive discourse is just gamefaqs. Goodbye all! Play Mario Odyssey!!! It's gonna be lit!

Umibozu

Guys connect with me on Twitter so we don't lose touch
@KyzerMF
Just followed you.
Hopefully the community is able to migrate with minimal loses

Edit: Beware of following the resetera Twitter. I found out the hard way that GGers are creating a list from it's followers to doxx

Umibozu

Everyone it's been a pleasure
I'm not really impressed with what I've heard about the leadership there, I'll keep an open mind though.

For sure I'll still be using Steam though. And Miiverse until the second it dies!
Lol.

In regards to the mods there i have the same hesitations, but am willing to give it a shot

Kyzer

Banned
Just followed you.
Hopefully the community is able to migrate with minimal loses

Edit: Beware of following the resetera Twitter. I found out the hard way that GGers are creating a list from it's followers to doxx

Followed back, thanks for the heads up

BooJoh

Nintendo Downloads was the one community that was closest to being my "home" on GAF, but in light of recent events I'll be stepping away from GAF.

I doubt many will know or miss me, but it's been fun all the same. Peace.

Umibozu

Nintendo Downloads was the one community that was closest to being my "home" on GAF, but in light of recent events I'll be stepping away from GAF.

Hey much like others who frequented here we might not have been the tightest knit but with what went down this past week I'm sure we've all gained an increased appreciation the community/group we maintained.
You got Twitter, if so exchange deets?

jholmes

Nah BooBro. I'll miss you just like I'll miss all y'all in here.

jonno394

I'm @nindiesnews on Twitter, this thread is one of the only threads I'm active in, hope we can keep it going b either here, the next 'here' or wherever.

jariw

jonno394, Kyzer, 69wpm: Followed!

I just created a twitter account, where I intend to post my findings mainly regarding Switch games (with a focus on indies). It's @janintend

Nilaul

SnakePass:

Part of me loves SnakePass while the other part hates it. It's a nice and beautiful game and it's fun when it works. However, I dunno If to call the controls broken/movement mechanics broken or if it just me. Controlling snake is frustrating at times and some of the harder challenges are nerve-racking. For this reason, I can not recommend the game to no one, not even on discount. If I were to score this game I would refrain myself from giving it a score.

If you have a chance to try it out for free ( I don't know if there is a demo or not), see if you can get the hang of controls and mechanics. If you can buy it and if you can't don't.

SnakePass:

Part of me loves SnakePass while the other part hates it. It's a nice and beautiful game and it's fun when it works. However, I dunno If to call the controls broken/movement mechanics broken or if it just me. Controlling snake is frustrating at times and some of the harder challenges are nerve-racking. For this reason, I can not recommend the game to no one, not even on discount. If I were to score this game I would refrain myself from giving it a score.

If you have a chance to try it out for free ( I don't know if there is a demo or not), see if you can get the hang of controls and mechanics. If you can buy it and if you can't don't.

Thanks for this. I've been on the fence about this game from day one but looking at the snakes movement always concerned me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom