• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Kumagawa avatar, cool with me
Thanks, Hand-bra Jeans Senpai is one visionary man.

What do you read?
I'm primarily a shounen guy but I read pretty much everything, with the exception of Yaoi. My favorite ongoing series include One Piece, Beelzebub, Shingeki no Kyojin, Genshiken 2, Medaka Box, Prunus Girl, Silver Spoon and Vagabond.

Make sure you look forward to Fridays for Fairy Tail.
For the reactions sure, but not for the series itself lol

Sounds like a shonen guy.

Your conversion will start next week.
We'll see =D

Zekes!

This probably isn't the best time to mention what happens in the latest Kodomo no Jikan chapter, is it.

Let's just say Kentaro Yabuki somehow snuck into Kaworu Watashiya's studio and managed to draw a page or two before getting kicked out.

It's been a while since KnJ has really...uh...yeah, but considering how the last chapter ended, I'm not surprised it would lead to some pages like that.

Also glad I'm not the only one who reads KnJ.

survivor

Banned
I'm primarily a shounen guy but I read pretty much everything, with the exception of Yaoi. My favorite ongoing series include One Piece, Beelzebub, Shingeki no Kyojin, Genshiken 2, Medaka Box, Prunus Girl, Silver Spoon and Vagabond.
Let's be nakama

You should also read Minamoto-kun Monogatari like all the cool hip people here

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Welcome newcomer.

Tips for a healthy stay: Avoid SmutGAF; DTL and Big One are trolling; Pick up TWGOK; God's Beard is manually highlighting Sanctuary and pretending the forum just does it on its own.

Wiseblade

We'll see =D

I like you already.

Akito

Thanks for the warnings guys but as an ex lurker, I'm fully aware of DTL, Big One, Beam and Smutgaf. And no, I'm not going to pick up Aunt Tits, sooner TWGOK.

survivor

Banned
TWGOK

yawn, this manga is way past its prime. Please put it out of its misery very soon.

And screw Fairy Tail. Terrible pathetic mess. Second long running shounen manga I drop.

Solune

Why not start with smut weekends?

Meh fight.
A man with excellent taste here.

We'll see =D
There's a disturbing lack of TW
Thanks for the warnings guys but as an ex lurker, I'm fully aware of DTL, Big One, Beam and Smutgaf. And no, I'm not going to pick up Aunt Tits, sooner TWGOK.
Oh ... =(

Search tells me there are a few The Breaker: New Waves readers.

Every time it looks like it's getting hype they dial it back down to zero, but I think we'll get a few great chapters after this. Angry Shi-Woon is the best Shi-Woon.

What are the fights in Fairy Tail like btw? I read the first chapter and it seemed very shonen, lol. That's not a bad thing, obviously, but I was 3/4 of the way through Monster and there was a stark contrast :p

Anyway, looking forward to talking manga with you guys.

survivor

Banned

Every time it looks like it's getting hype they dial it back down to zero, but I think we'll get a few great chapters after this. Angry Shi-Woon is the best Shi-Woon.

What are the fights in Fairy Tail like btw? I read the first chapter and it seemed very shonen, lol. That's not a bad thing, obviously, but I was 3/4 of the way through Monster and there was a stark contrast :p

Terrible inconsistent illogical battles riddled with asspulls and power of friendship

El Sloth

Banned
I just really don't "get" it. Like, the kid's deal with the book is scary as hell. The girl's showing clear signs and still getting ignored by adults. And everyone's getting fucked up and I don't understand why. At some point I don't get why the manga exists and I just want it to stop existing.

I realize this is pretty negative stuff but you asked so there. I usually just don't say anything if I read something and this happens.
Ha ha, it's cool, dude. What you said is exactly what it is. Some people want to see where all the fucked up is going and others don't care/don't want to know.

I think negative opinions are just as valid as any positive opinion.

Just sounds like they're different fetishes to me.

Also when you type it out like that just makes it better.
I should write shitty doujin

Fairy Tail
Despite what I thought would have been a joke fight, the fight was pretty good. I like seeing Doranbolt showing concern over Wendy too.

The fights are actually pretty good, key favorite characters never get cheated by terrible writing or terrible plot like what happens in certain JUMP series, so they are always pleasing, and friendship is actually a key feature. Definitely check it out, I can assure you, it wont be a waste of your time.

Bakuman v 11 (through chp 97)

Well I can't wait to see much of the volume animated. The chapter when Saiko rushes in to get Miho away from the recording studio and Eiji goes its all so cool, as so sweet and touching, 11 volumes for Saiko to make a move and hold hands with her was nice. PCP is great series but I really dont feel the excitement with the five chapter arc for the deciding chapter 25, especially after Crow had the chapter of NO dialogue and the +natural and crow crossover. And on +Natural, hope the anime gives it an animated OP. Yuujiro has so far been the only editor to actually touch and draw, well helping with Fukuda for the motorcycle manga, which I liked, I think thats my favorite editor artist environment.

Drifters 29

For a chapter with so many explosions this sure was dull.

Aikawa is mine and I will fight you for him.

I mean welcome.

survivor

Banned
A Bride's Story

Reading monthly manga when you are all caught up sucks

So the twins wedding hasn't even started. All what happened in this chapter was the planning and the week long celebration before the real one begins. Guessing the next one they will wrap up the story so the doctor can finally move on and leave.

Not Popular

Most depressing school festival ever

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
A Bride's Story

Reading monthly manga when you are all caught up sucks

So the twins wedding hasn't even started. All what happened in this chapter was the planning and the week long celebration before the real one begins. Guessing the next one they will wrap up the story so the doctor can finally move on and leave.

Of course, A Bride's Story isn't really about hurrying through plot points to get to the next shounen battle, but it sounds like the pacing irritates you a bit?

Not Popular

Most depressing school festival ever

But she got a hug at the end!

survivor

Banned
Of course, A Bride's Story isn't really about hurrying through plot points to get to the next shounen battle, but it sounds like the pacing irritates you a bit?
Pacing was fine while I was catching up, I'm just annoyed that we didn't get the actual wedding in this chapter and now I gotta wait another month.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Pacing was fine while I was catching up, I'm just annoyed that we didn't get the actual wedding in this chapter and now I gotta wait another month.

Ah, so your frustration stems more from the fact that it's too good and you want to read more. I see. :)

Kreed

FYI...I'm back, bitches. :D Been keeping up on the Big3. I'll post with the new releases next week. My initial reactions after over a year away:

Bleach: zzzZZZzzz...OH SHIT! Here comes the quincy war...zzzZZZzzz. Let me know when the captain vs quincy monster of the week fights start.

Naruto: Edo Tensai ends! Eyehax boredom begins.

One Piece: GODa owns! How formulaic are the other 2 when a formulaic Oda arc remains a breath of fresh of air? Realtalk...Punk Hazard is interesting, but kinda predictable. If not for the character reveals, there'd be no suspense. We know the Strawhats will come out of this intact because we spent so much time with them apart. Still better than the other two.

I'm digging Green Blood 2 chapters in. Hopefully it doesn't go all Wolf Guy on us. PEACE.

Damn you must have really pissed the mods off if you were banned all this time? I haven't seen anyone complain about you saying "PEACE" at the end of your posts in at least a year. And you came back after the Heat finally won too.

Solune

Welcome to ManGAF, stay a while and a listenread smut. Our ... brethen disappoint me as of late.
Ha ha, it's cool, dude. What you said is exactly what it is. Some people want to see where all the fucked up is going and others don't care/don't want to know.

I think negative opinions are just as valid as any positive opinion.

I should write shitty doujin

=( . I can't even read animeGAF anymore since I'm so behind but you're hurting me!

Dresden

Damn you must have really pissed the mods off if you were banned all this time? I haven't seen anyone complain about you saying "PEACE" at the end of your posts in at least a year. And you came back after the Heat finally won too.

from what I heard he was permabanned but was let back in due to Heat winning

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
akame ga kill 20

so no big send off for one of the major characters? im guessing she isnt dead yet then.

Designs look cool for this character as well as the one who Im guessing is the main character
tumblr_m5wzewu0Lb1r4krjdo3_400.gif

Hopefully its good and lengthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom