• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NorCal wildfires still not contained, evacuations ordered - Santa Rosa/Sonoma/Napa

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
IqcFvDP.jpg
3hs1BdO.jpg

Per twitter this map was accurate as 4:13am

SFGATE:
Volunteers needed

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/09/maps-napa-wildfire-santa-rosa-evacuation-area/

youtube (this is pretty unreal)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2-T_-OJG6I

youtube: fountaingrove
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMWxsvKtQRo

kaiser evacuated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL33Fs_Zatc&t=594s

Cal Fire Maps:
Hey OP, I found a mobile friendly site that people can open to see the current fire in their google maps app.

http://www.calfire.ca.gov/general/firemaps

Found it from this website: http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/?curSort=Name

Have to enter their zip code first.

A LOT of fire in North California but only one in Anaheim Hills in South unless I missed any.

Wow. I'm not sure exactly the sequence of events. But it looks like some dry weather and some late night wind started the apocalypse out here.

Luckily my house is like three blocks from the evacuated areas, but my best friend, my dad and lots of coworkers were evacuated. My neighbor told me he was up all night watch the flames behind the hill near our house and listening to propane tanks exploding.

There are shelters set up around the city have filled to capacity. A shopping center burned down, a hospital was evacuated using the city bus system.

what a morning. i hope everyone is safe!

kaiju

My hometown :(

I live in Santa Barbara now but fond memories of SR. My family still lives there. The neighbors woke my parents up at 3am as the fire was creeping over the hills nearby. They don't have to evacuate yet, but are packed and ready in case they do.

Three of my cousins and their families and my aunt had to evacuate, I do not know the status of their homes. They live right in that area that got hit hard too.

Sucks to see all the footage of lost homes for sure.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
There's several fires in Napa County as well, evacuations in many areas up there.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/North-Bay-fires-List-evacuations-12263283.php

Areas where evacuations have been ordered Monday because of wildfires:

•Napa and surrounding area:
The Montecito neighborhood; Highway 29 north of Tubbs Lane; Old Sonoma Road to Buhman Avenue; Dealy Lane, Henry Road; Coombsville Road; Wild Horse Valley Road; Carneros Inn; Wooden Valley area.

Evacuation centers: Crosswalk Church, 2590 First St.; Napa Valley College gym; Napa County Fairgrounds, 1435 North Oak St., Calistoga; Solano Community College library parking lot, 4000 Suisun Valley Road, Fairfield. Napa County animal shelter at 942 Hartle Court will shelter dogs, cats and other household pets.

•Santa Rosa and surrounding area:
Guerneville Road/Steele Lane from the Mendocino Avenue corridor to Fulton Road; area north of Hopper Avenue between Highway 101 and Coffey Lane; area east of Fulton Road between Guerneville and River roads; Fountaingrove/Skyfarm/Montecito Heights area; Porter Creek, Petrified Forest, Franz Valley and Mountain Home Ranch roads; Highway 128 from Tubbs Lane west to Santa Rosa.

Evacuation centers: Finley Center at West College Avenue and Stony Point Road; Petaluma Community Center at 320 North McDowell Blvd.; Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building, 1351 Maple Ave. Large animals can be taken to the Santa Rosa Fairgrounds, 1350 Bennett Valley Road.

•Larkfield: Unincorporated area north of Santa Rosa and east of Highway 101.

•Elsewhere in Sonoma County:
Piner Road area to downtown Forestville; Cloverdale KOA; Palomino Road; Vanoni Road to Gill Creek Road; Arnold Drive to state hospital and west to Jack London State Park; Roberts Road, Lichau Road, Pressley Road and Sonoma Mountain Road.

Evacuation centers: Cloverdale Citrus Fair, 1 Citrus Fair Drive; Sebastopol Veterans Hall, 282 South High St.; Sonoma Valley High School, 20000 Broadway; Analy High School, 6950 Analy Ave., Sebastopol; New Life Church (1310 Clegg Street, Petaluma.

The smoke was pretty bad up in Solano County this morning. Visibility was really bad, like a really foggy day.

https://youtu.be/6RmQVi1Jkps

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/2-big-wildfires-prompt-evacuations-in-Napa-County-12262945.php

ch4EfFo.jpg

MLukEIC.jpg

CU48ZHu.jpg

D9lujfH.jpg

l9m1Qp0.jpg

UK53tt9.jpg

JyyDagM.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
unbelievable!

When I spoke with my Dad for a second he seemed reasonably sure that his and his girlfriend's house burned down. My buddys apt was right over by that kmart complex below fountaingrove and he said the flames were right across the street as he was leaving with his wife and daughters.

I haven't heard from my boss yet but I'm pretty worried about his house, he was right up in the hills/danger zone and I heard from a coworker he was evacuated along with a third coworker who's home is right over by my buddy I just mentioned.

I heard the Kohls burned down which is insane. Because its in a giant parking lot with a freeway on one side and bunch of industrial stuff on the other. Its like the most fireproof location imaginable.

The shots from coffey park were actually leveled. Crazy crazy stuff.

A friend said things are really bad where shes at in Sonoma too.

Still no cell service.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wild morning. The smoke and ash really hit my side of SF at around 2am. I shot out of bed thinking my apartment building was on fire and scrambled looking for a heat source. Wasn’t until four that I found out about this awful fire happening. I’ve got people in Santa Rosa, haven’t heard much on FB so I probably won’t know much until they’re able to update.

Hopefully casualties are minimal. So much damage though 😞 so much loss.

I am getting a strong smoke smell and hazy visibility in the Northbay. I raced into the garage to check the water tank and heater but then went outside to see an orange sky.

KillerAJD

I'm in Rohnert Park (just south of Santa Rosa), and am ok. The sections just to the north and north east of me have been evacuated, but it doesn't seem like the fire has really hit us proper (yet?). Parts of Santa Rosa are a disaster zone though. The Kmart, Trader Joes, and Kohl's are all apparently gone. I've heard the Luther Burbank Center was on fire too. Both major hospitals (Kaiser and Sutter) have evacuated, and that's just the bits and pieces I've heard from friends. There is a 150+ home senior citizen mobile home park just to the north of Kaiser that is completely leveled. Tons of homes in/on Fountaingrove, Larkfield, and Wikiup are gone too.

This is insane how quickly it's grown. The winds were crazy last night, I can only assume downed powerlines caused the majority of issues all over the Country. And yeah, that's just Sonoma. There's still Napa, Lake, Mendocino Counties on fire too, and those guys just got hit a few years ago with huge Forrest fires.

dakilla13

Wild morning. The smoke and ash really hit my side of SF at around 2am. I shot out of bed thinking my apartment building was on fire and scrambled looking for a heat source. Wasn’t until four that I found out about this awful fire happening. I’ve got people in Santa Rosa, haven’t heard much on FB so I probably won’t know much until they’re able to update.

Hopefully casualties are minimal. So much damage though 😞 so much loss.

I woke up last night thinking someone was burning shit outside my apt (Mission District). This morning it was all hazy and you can still smell the smoke!

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Wild morning. The smoke and ash really hit my side of SF at around 2am. I shot out of bed thinking my apartment building was on fire and scrambled looking for a heat source. Wasn't until four that I found out about this awful fire happening. I've got people in Santa Rosa, haven't heard much on FB so I probably won't know much until they're able to update.

Hopefully casualties are minimal. So much damage though �� so much loss.

The smell is strong in SF. I can't imagine how bad the smoke is up there.

Same. Thought something was about to go up in my apartment. Got friends in Santa Rosa I'm messaging too. Pretty crazy

Stay safe north bay GAF.

KillerAJD

this is really bad holy shit
this is the journeys end mobile park
https://twitter.com/kurtisalexander/status/917411019961462784

i really hope for everyone out there right now

So if Sutter and Kaiser is closed that just leaves just Memorial open.
Yeah, that's the park I mentioned in a comment above. This is real fucking bad. It happened in the middle of the night too :( had heard on the news when Kaiser was evacuating that they were transferring patients to Kaiser San Rafael. Don't know about Sutter patients, but I'm sure Memorial is completely swamped at the moment. Hopefully the fire does not burn any further south, because then Memorial starts to be in jeopardy, which would be extremely bad news.

This is, I believe, the Coffee Park neighborhood of Santa Rosa. It is completely gone.

WIlZ9HPh.jpg

https://twitter.com/kentphotos/status/917404710876803072?s=09

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's the park I mentioned in a comment above. This is real fucking bad. It happened in the middle of the night too :( had heard on the news when Kaiser was evacuating that they were transferring patients to Kaiser San Rafael. Don't know about Sutter patients, but I'm sure Memorial is completely swamped at the moment. Hopefully the fire does not burn any further south, because then Memorial starts to be in jeopardy, which would be extremely bad news.

Yeah, they're already saying not to come near Memorial unless its an absolute dire need.

My best friends apt is right across the street from that mobile park. I was a watching a video he sent me over imessage that was shot like within 10 feet of that video on twitter.

I think I'm going to be just fine, but I just had a very brief moment of panic. There is legitimately a giant wall of black smoke on either side of my street. I'm like right in the middle with a little patch of Blue Sky. But the wall the west is definitely getting bigger/closer. We're gonna go out for a walk and see if we can get some stuff to make sandwiches with and maybe some water jugs just in case.

Jesus christ.

My grandparents might have lost their home last night... in fact, my uncle thinks they barely made it out alive. I think they are at a church/shelter right now but this is all second hand information.

Fuck

So this is what's going on. We went outside this morning and there was a strong burning smell. I'm surprised it was that potent given how far south I am.

Fuck, I should call my family and friends to see how they are doing.

Edit: Oh shit. Looking at the evacuation map. I used to live on the corner of North st and College ave. Its on the cusp of the evacuation zone.

KillerAJD

Yeah, they're already saying not to come near Memorial unless its an absolute dire need.

My best friends apt is right across the street from that mobile park. I was a watching a video he sent me over imessage that was shot like within 10 feet of that video on twitter.

I think I'm going to be just fine, but I just had a very brief moment of panic. There is legitimately a giant wall of black smoke on either side of my street. I'm like right in the middle with a little patch of Blue Sky. But the wall the west is definitely getting bigger/closer. We're gonna go out for a walk and see if we can get some stuff to make sandwiches with and maybe some water jugs just in case.

Oh man, I hope your friend is ok then. That whole side of the city sounds like it is just gone. And don't hesitate to leave if it gets worse. There's no reason to get trapped in a fire at this point; there are plenty of opportunities to leave if it becomes too dangerous, make sure to take one before it's too late.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I hope your friend is ok then. That whole side of the city sounds like it is just gone. And don't hesitate to leave if it gets worse. There's no reason to get trapped in a fire at this point; there are plenty of opportunities to leave if it becomes too dangerous, make sure to take one before it's too late.

Thanks. I definitely have my car keys on me and some cash in my wallet just in case! My buddy is crashing at his uncles house I heard. Which itself is like across the street from the fairgrounds and vets building where people are being sheltered.

Any idea if the roads into the city are accessible? Or 100% jammed/blocked? I live down in the bay and just take the 101 up there. I may have to go collect my grandparents and take them down here...

I think they're at a church or some type of shelter.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea if the roads into the city are accessible? Or 100% jammed/blocked? I live down in the bay and just take the 101 up there. I may have to go collect my grandparents and take them down here...

I think they're at a church or some type of shelter.

I for sure saw a video of the 101 completely shutdown around the airport exit. So like basically right past the LBC. Whichs is the north side of the city.

Getting into the city from the south may be feasible but I hear things are really bad in RP too. You could probably take petaluma hill road maybe.

KillerAJD

I for sure saw a video of the 101 completely shutdown around the airport exit. So like basically right past the LBC. Whichs is the north side of the city.

Getting into the city from the south may be feasible but I hear things are really bad in RP too. You could probably take petaluma hill road maybe.
I think it was just bicentennial to airport that was shut down. Going north into the city is not a great idea ATM, and going south is gridlocked. You could probably make it to college on the east side of 101 before needing to turn around. Petaluma Hill Rd may be shut down due to fire though, so getting back will be tricky going through Santa Rosa Ave/101.

RP is fine. There is mandatory evacuations in G section and H section, but I'm in E section, just next to those, and it looks like for the time being, RP itself is fine. Crane Creek/Canyon is/was on fire all night though.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I think it was just bicentennial to airport that was shut down. Going north into the city is not a great idea ATM, and going south is gridlocked. You could probably make it to college on the east side of 101 before needing to turn around. Petaluma Hill Rd may be shut down due to fire though, so getting back will be tricky going through Santa Rosa Ave/101.

RP is fine. There is mandatory evacuations in G section and H section, but I'm in E section, just next to those, and it looks like for the time being, RP itself is fine. Crane Creek/Canyon is/was on fire all night though.
Ok. Good. My GF's friends were both evacuated in RP and said its pretty chaotic. Lots of smoke in that direction from where I am.

gazele

Banned
Wow, so sorry for everyone, hope everything turns out okay

Woke up at 3 am in Oakland with strong smoke smell, thought my apartment might be on fire or something

Wildfires are the worst :(

Probably one of the biggest dangers of living in California unfortunately

Wow, so sorry for everyone, hope everything turns out okay

Woke up at 3 am in Oakland with strong smoke smell, thought my apartment might be on fire or something

Wildfires are the worst :(

Probably one of the biggest dangers of living in California unfortunately

Dude, me too. I put my clothes on and walked outside to inspect the building, thinking it was on fire.

Thankfully, most of my family in Petaluma lives far enough in town that they won't be affected.

KillerAJD

Ok. Good. My GF's friends were both evacuated in RP and said its pretty chaotic. Lots of smoke in that direction from where I am.
Just talked to my uncle who came back from getting more stuff from his house in G section. The cops are making those who wanted to stay behind leave, but it seems like it might have settled down a bit.

Definitely won't be surprised if we get an evac notice for E section though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
My hometown :(

I live in Santa Barbara now but fond memories of SR. My family still lives there. The neighbors woke my parents up at 3am as the fire was creeping over the hills nearby. They don't have to evacuate yet, but are packed and ready in case they do.

Three of my cousins and their families and my aunt had to evacuate, I do not know the status of their homes. They live right in that area that got hit hard too.

Sucks to see all the footage of lost homes for sure.

my hometown as well. saw some vague facebook posts from family this morning but didnt get details

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just talked to my uncle who came back from getting more stuff from his house in G section. The cops are making those who wanted to stay behind leave, but it seems like it might have settled down a bit.

Definitely won't be surprised if we get an evac notice for E section though.

Yeah, as of 9:22 were not on the evac list but we are probably 1/4 mile from Annadel so I'm feeling pretty spooked. But my gut is telling me not to freak out. The wind is dead still right now.

KillerAJD

Yeah, as of 9:22 were not on the evac list but we are probably 1/4 mile from Annadel so I'm feeling pretty spooked. But my gut is telling me not to freak out. The wind is dead still right now.
Just heard from family that people who left Howarths Park can return to the area, so that's good news for those in the area. Don't have an official source on that though.

I was in Sonoma last Monday and Tuesday. It was my first time in California and all that dead tall grass made me think that this might happen. Thoughts and prayers with you all.

XiaNaphryz

http://abc7news.com/full-list-north-bay-fires-prompt-evacuations-road-closures/2511293/

2511024_1280x720.jpg

At least five brush fires burning in Napa, Sonoma, Lake and Mendocino Counties have ignited structures and forced residents to evacuate. The Tubbs Fire in Napa County has burned 20,000 acres so far.

Evacuation centers:

Crosswalk Community Church in Napa

Napa County Animal Shelter at 942 Hartle Ct will shelter dogs, cats, rabbits and other household animals

Napa Valley Junior College on SR-221 south of Imola Ave

Napa County Fairgrounds in Calistoga on Oak Street

Elsie Allen High School, 599 Bellevue Avenue, Santa Rosa

New Life Christian Fellowship Church in Petaluma, at 1310 clegg street

Sebastopol Community Center, 390 Morris Street, Sebastopol

Analy High School, 69 Analy Avenue, Sebastopol

Solano Community College on Suisan Valley Road in Fairfield

Lawrence Cook Middle School on Sebastopol Road in Santa Rosa

Santa Rosa at Finley Community Center on West College Avenue at Stony Point Road

Petaluma Community Center at 320 N. McDowell Boulevard

Animal Shelters:

Napa County Animal Shelter at 942 Hartle Ct, Napa will shelter dogs, cats, rabbits and other household animals.

Large animals can be taken to the Santa Rosa Fairgrounds at 1350 Bennett Valley Road. Access the Fairgrounds via Gate 7 on Aston Ave.

Road Closures:

SR-12 at Warm Springs

SR-12 at Arnold

SR-12 at Watmaugh

SR-128 at Petrified Forest

SR-128 at Tubbs

Pressley Road from Rohnert Park to Bennett Valley

SR-121, south of Old Sonoma Road

SR-37 is closed from US-101 to I-80

SR-121 at Ramal

8TH at Napa

Arnold at SR-12

SR-121 at Duhig

SR-12 at SR-29

SR-121 at Sonoma County Line

Lakeville Highway (traffic is being diverted to US-101)

Westbound SR-37 AT SR-121 (traffic is being diverted to I-80)

Eastbound SR-37 at Lakeville (traffic is being diverted to US-101 towards Lakeville)

Westbound SR- 37 at Sears Point

Southbound US- 101 at Airport Road and Northbound US-101 at Bicentennial

SR-128 @ Tubbs/ Cuttings Wharf at Las Amigas

SR-12 at Watmaugh

SR-12 at Duhig

Monticello at Vichy

XiaNaphryz

Governor Brown orders state of emergency:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/fires/article177823806.html

Gov. Jerry Brown has declared a state of emergency in Napa, Sonoma and Yuba counties, where wind-whipped fires are burning through tens of thousands of acres with little containment so far.

Napa County Fire Chief Barry Biermann said more than 50 structures had been destroyed, but there were no reports of injuries or deaths, according to the Associated Press.

Gov. Brown cited the threat to critical infrastructure as well as to thousands of people and homes in Monday's emergency declaration.

Numerous buildings are on fire in the city of Santa Rosa, where evacuation orders are in place. The Hilton Sonoma hotel and a KMart are among structures completedly engulfed, according to media reports, and Sonoma County officials said Monday morning that Sutter Hospital and Kaiser Hospital in Santa Rosa ”are no longer operational and patients have been evacuated."

Mass evacuations are taking place in Sonoma County, according to the county sheriff's department, where flames from the Tubbs Fire have inundated Santa Rosa, Larkfield and Forestville. The fire jumped Highway 101 early Monday morning, according to the Santa Rosa Police Department, and had reached 20,000 acres as of 5:41 a.m.

The Atlas Peak Fire started just south of Lake Berryessa at around 9:50 p.m. Sunday and ran through 5,000 acres of Napa County, according to Cal Fire, forcing hundreds of people to evacuate their homes.

Butte County's LaPorte Fire, which began as the Cascade Fire in Yuba County, had scorched 5,000 acres as of 8 a.m. Monday. Officials had closed 33 roads as of 6:30 a.m and set up an emergency shelter capable of hosting large animals at the Yuba-Sutter fairgrounds.

Strong northern winds spread the Cherokee Fire in Oroville from 80 to 800 acres in just two hours Sunday night, according to tweets from Cal Fire - Butte County, and had reached 1,000 acres by 6:13 a.m. on Monday. Evacuation orders have been issued for about five miles of roads surrounding the blaze, which began as a vegetation fire around 9:45 p.m. on Sunday.

Approximately 7,000-8,000 homes in Nevada County are being threatened in the uncontained 500-acre Lobo Fire, according to Cal Fire. The McCourtney Fire, near Grass Valley, had spread to 150 acres before forward progress was halted around 9 a.m. Monday.

In Mendocino County, one person was injured when the Redwood Complex Fire rushed up Redwood Valley toward Willits, according to the Ukiah Daily Journal. Schools in Ukiah, Willits and Potter Valley are closed Monday as families evacuate their homes.

w7CJhNp.png

louiedog

Smelled the smoke this morning but it didn't wake me up. I also slept through a minor house fire as a child where my parents carried me out, fire trucks showed up, etc. without knowing it until the next morning when I woke up at my usual time and asked why everything smelled like smoke.

I hope my building's fire alarms work because my apparent inability to be awoken by dangerous smells is concerning.

There’s fires in Yolo County and Nevada County too. Woke up in Sacramento at 3AM thinking my apartment complex was on fire. Drove to work in Pleasanton and the smoke got worse.

I hope everyone makes it out safely.

Miletius

As an asthmatic, it feels a bit harder to breathe this morning (smelled the smoke in Redwood City) am also feeling it a bit now in Berkeley. Stay safe, North Bay GAF!

Laekon

Hope this is handled quickly. I've been thinking of moving to Santa Rosa recently. I'm worried about the LA area today as it's incredibly windy.

Dalek

My friend lives in Santa Rosa and I'm worried. She is the manager of a retirement community-so she can't evacuate because she has to be there to help anyone in her building. Additionally-she hasn't heard from her mother-and her mother's mobile home park went up in flames. :(

I'm in Castro Valley-and I can smell the smoke.

There's fires in Yolo County and Nevada County too. Woke up in Sacramento at 3AM thinking my apartment complex was on fire. Drove to work in Pleasanton and the smoke got worse.

I hope everyone makes it out safely.

Dude-you live in Sacramento and work in Pleasanton??

Nafai1123

Banned
We're waiting to see if we have to evacuate. Friends about a mile north already had to. Roads are packed everywhere. We have the house closed up but no A/C unfortunately. The smoke is bad but the winds seem to have eased up a bit. Fingers crossed we don't have to leave.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
out my window heading south (RP)
https://i.imgur.com/um1XlBy.png

was much much smaller about 40 min ago

facing the other direction towards fountaingrove etc the sky is just black.
still a bit of blue straight overhead but it is getting dimmer and dimmer every time I look up

were gonna head out for a walk and try to get some food/etc

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wow... No wonder it smelled smokey last night and looked hazy today all around the bay. This sucks :/ More homes, businesses, winieries, jobs in general, lost in such a quick amount of time...

So much forest has been lost all along the west coast this year. Been a crazy year for fires! I wish there was some group that goes in to planting a massive amount of trees, to make up for the ones lost. Less trees, more carbon, more disasters etc :/

XiaNaphryz

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Cannabis-harvests-threatened-by-Sonoma-County-s-12263991.php

California marijuana growers north of San Francisco were facing mandatory evacuation orders as well as potentially millions of dollars in crop damage and loss amid widespread wildfires in the region.

Erich Pearson, director of SPARC Farms in Glenn Ellen south of the Tubbs Fire reported on Facebook early Monday: “We are safe but these fires in Sonoma Valley are really bad. Winds are too strong and it's too dark to fly planes. Trinity Oaks neighborhood is gone.”

He added: “Glenn Ellen is evacuated. ... They're evacuating up here too but it's a ridge away.”

Major Santa Rosa-based cannabis manufacturer CannaCraft has closed its 110-employee business today, and told employees to stay home. CannaCraft spokesperson Kial Long said employees are open to use CannaCraft's headquarters south of the San Rosa evacuation zone as an evacuation center.

Long said she's received no reports from the numerous Sonoma County cultivators with whom CannaCraft works. “I know of a lot of cultivation sites in the line of this fire.”

There might be more than 3,000 cannabis gardens in Sonoma County, according to county surveys.

The timing of wildfire season could not be worse for cannabis, because the delicate, fragrant flower buds bloom in the middle of fire season.

“Especially when it’s ripe — I can tell you from personal experience, wildfire definitely will make your cannabis have a smoky flavor to it; just like wine,” said Kristin Nevedal, executive director of the International Cannabis Farmers Association, based in the Humboldt County town of Garberville, said in a September interview.

Fire-prone Northern California harbors the world’s largest concentration of cannabis farms in the remote forested mountainsides of Trinity, Humboldt and Mendocino counties. Further south in Sonoma County, where the current Tubbs Fire is burning, many commercial medical and soon-to-be-recreational as well as personal cannabis farms also exist, along with ancillary businesses.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow.... this is truly surreal.

We just walked through the neighborhood and everyone is loading stuff into their cars. We saw photo boxes and clothing and pet carriers. Everyone looks like they're leaving town. And what I couldn't see from my yard werd the plumes of smoke, from the house its just a giant wall.

But from a better location we could see giant individual plumes of smoke marking the horizon. They're were rapidly flowing too. Things are definitely seem to only be getting worse. I'm not sure if any of it is contained yet. It wasn't the last I checked.

Back at the house now and all the bluesky is gone.

Also the grocery store was closed and the gas station had a giant line of cars. Things are a little chaotic. This is the side of town thats doin ok too.

I still think my street will come out ok but just a few blocks north it is truly apocalyptic.

Top Bottom