• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Wubby

Let's Try on!

Sadly the shop didn't have the new gatling gun yet.

After a quick look in the box I'm a little surprised! I figured the Tryon would be completely new tool kit like most of these GBF Try kits have been but nope. Lots of ZZ Gundam runners and looking at the manual lots of spare/unused parts!

ZpyiRoacK4L1Tphbnr3-3Yu3vwBtub5ycAxrcsKNooox=w1175-h881-no

Acid08

Banned
Let's Try on!

After a quick look in the box I'm a little surprised! I figured the Tryon would be completely new tool kit like most of these GBF Try kits have been but nope. Lots of ZZ Gundam runners and looking at the manual lots of spare/unused parts!

How big is the sticker sheet?

Beth Cyra

Let's Try on!

Given how high quality the HGUC is and seriously it's up there for best HG as far as capturing the suit I'm totally cool with Tri On 3 using a lot of ZZ parts.

Beth Cyra

The Nightingale is shit.

That is all.
You have my sword friend.

I really can't see how people can like this one. The suit design is awful and big to its disadvantage and really doesn't bring anything to the table that Sazabi doesn't aside from the hidden arms in the skirt.

Paltheos

I really can't see how people can like this one. The suit design is awful and big to its disadvantage and really doesn't bring anything to the table that Sazabi doesn't aside from the hidden arms in the skirt.

Likewise, although I'm not as offended by it. I really hate the Hi-Nu though. I think it's a big step down from the Nu. Worse color scheme, too bulky, unattractive design (the funnels being pseudo wings is dumb, they look better latched flat against the suit's back).

yami4ct

Likewise, although I'm not as offended by it. I really hate the Hi-Nu though. I think it's a big step down from the Nu. Worse color scheme, too bulky, unattractive design (the funnels being pseudo wings is dumb, they look better latched flat against the suit's back).

Nope, nope nope. You guys are all crazy. Nightingale is fantastic and is only topped by the redesigned Sazabi ver Ka. Also, Hi-Nu is the far superior Nu. The colors are amazing and its got an amazing bulk and presence. It actually looks like it can stand up to the Char suits, unlike the regular Nu. Also, the symmetrical wings give it a much more balanced design. It's really just better all around.

I'm with you on the Nightingale, but can't disagree more on the Hi-Nu. Probably my favorite UC design next to the F91. The Ver. Ka. is perfect, it's got the right amount of bulk, the right colors and the right touch of sleekness. I've got one on my desk and love it.

Shun

Nope, nope nope. You guys are all crazy. Nightingale is fantastic and is only topped by the redesigned Sazabi ver Ka. Also, Hi-Nu is the far superior Nu. The colors are amazing and its got an amazing bulk and presence. It actually looks like it can stand up to the Char suits, unlike the regular Nu. Also, the symmetrical wings give it a much more balanced design. It's really just better all around.

I like Hi-Nu with the Heavy Weapon System better. It properly makes use of all that bulk and it adds on some extras that flesh out the design a bit. With HWS on it gives it the firepower and size to take on Nightingale/Sazabi. It's like a predecessor to FAUC except with less gatling.

Nu looks terrible with HWS, but Nu Ver Ka looks great especially with the exposed psychoframe.

Nightingale isn't terrible but it does look like is someone slapped Qubeley on top of Sazabi just for the heck of it. It has a ton of verniers as well. I think it looks good in any pose except for a standing pose. Dynamic poses, great, standing it looks like Sazabi gained a ton of kilos.

If there was something that was offensive to my existence it is Wing Zero Custom. Angel Wings are okay but the obnoxious blue color scheme and the blue ears/horns make me want to throw up. Wing Zero TV is much better in that aspect.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Try emailing Tatsu Hobby, from what I understand they have not put out any preorders yet and they may be able to secure you if you contact them. They've sold metal builds in the past and I think they will have Metal Build Strike Freedom if there is interest.

Beth Cyra

Yeah is insanity.

Nu is the most elegant design in the whole of Gundam. The asymetrical design is its best feature as it gives it a siloute that no other gundam has.

What's more the height (which is larger then Hi Nu) and over all bulk are perfect fit together to make it look like one of the most powerful Gundams without over loading it and making it feel to busy which is exactly what Hi Nu feels like with its gaudy color scheme and wing like funnels.

Beth Cyra

Just paid for my shipment off HLj so the next bundle arriving will be Tri On, Denial, G Self, and Blue Petite Guy.

Almost sent out Shiki 2.0 but given I'm still only half way with Delta Gundam I decided not to.

That said I'm loving Delta and it's now my number 2 in the Delta lineage behind only the Delta Plus. Still all four suits are amazing.

I've definitely looked at the HG Delta more than a few times but the very reflective gold throws me off. They did a good job making the new Hyaku-Shiki's gold look appealing.

Beth Cyra

I've definitely looked at the HG Delta more than a few times but the very reflective gold throws me off. They did a good job making the new Hyaku-Shiki's gold look appealing.
Generally I agree but it's not to bad in person I think and more they got it well under gated so it looks real good, and it is an amazing contrast to the Plus and Kai.

Sora_N

Any other kits as good/cool as Origins Zaku btw?

It's one of the best HGs I've ever built and I built a HGAC Wing Gundam 2 months ago already.

Beth Cyra

It's one of the best HGs I've ever built and I built a HGAC Wing Gundam 2 months ago already.
ZZ Gundam is amazing HG.

I'd also throw in the Mega Shiki and Wing Gundam F or Wing Gundam Zero Honoo.

The Revive look great and anything from the G or X HG line has been pretty darn awesome as well. The only exception is Nobell Beserker Mode as its just got to many weight issues.

yami4ct

If we're talking just HGs, anything 00 and later is pretty fantastic. I would particularly point out the Build Burning Gundam, HG Lightning with the MK II BWs, the After War kits (X, Double X), etc. The Victory 2 Assault Buster also looks damn amazing and is a kit I need to get at some point.

Sora_N

ZZ Gundam is amazing HG.

I'd also throw in the Mega Shiki and Wing Gundam F or Wing Gundam Zero Honoo.

The Revive look great and anything from the G or X HG line has been pretty darn awesome as well. The only exception is Nobell Beserker Mode as its just got to many weight issues.

If we're talking just HGs, anything 00 and later is pretty fantastic. I would particularly point out the Build Burning Gundam, HG Lightning with the MK II BWs, the After War kits (X, Double X), etc. The Victory 2 Assault Buster also looks damn amazing and is a kit I need to get at some point.

I won't pick up any BF stuff until I watch the show I think, not sure if I really want to buy those kits lol.

ZZ though...I'm gonna check it out.

Beth Cyra

I won't pick up any BF stuff until I watch the show I think, not sure if I really want to buy those kits lol.

ZZ though...I'm gonna check it out.
ZZ will impress.

I've build the Wing Gundam and while it is a good High Grade it doesn't even compare to capturing the suit like the ZZ.

Coppanuva

Finished my first hand-painted Gunpla. I did an old EZ-8 kit (not the HGUC rerelease... 08th MS team one :p) and it turned out pretty well I think. My black had problems getting even, which is luckily only on the expansion accessory parts, and the foot cylinders (white circles) didn't turn out too well IMO, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

http://imgur.com/a/GjvlB

Blue-kun

Didn't even know this existed here, but subscribed now. Somewhat new to gunpla, only built two so far (RG Freedom and Justice), but on the wait for my Double X to arrive.

In a weird twist of fate, I'm actually building a HG for the first time after doing two RGs, so it should be sorta different and I can't wait til ~brazilian customs~ (aka hell) give it the OK so that it finally gets here.

And while we're at it, taking the chance to ask around: has anyone built the HGAW DX? I'm kinda on the fence on whether it's better to go with the sticker for the panels or paint it, and if the latter, also worried that I might not find Tamiya paints and some colors like clear <color> around here.

Also, that Strike Freedom up there looks absolutely amazing!

Amazon has a lot of Master Grade kits up for sale at anywhere from 15% off to 40% off, I'm scrolling through right now to see if anything pops up that really interests me, but I thought I'd just toss out a heads up for anyone interested.

Beth Cyra

Amazon has a lot of Master Grade kits up for sale at anywhere from 15% off to 40% off, I'm scrolling through right now to see if anything pops up that really interests me, but I thought I'd just toss out a heads up for anyone interested.
Best deal I saw was OO Seven Sword and Infinite Justice at 50.

unkowntome

Neo Member
Any Singaporean Gundam GAF here? I want to know if there's any interesting stuff in Gundam docks. I want to go there but SGD rate in my currency is insane.

There is the sg50 rx-78-2 kit and the gundamdocks edition rg gundam and zaku 2. Also being the only place in singapore to buy a mg hyaku shiki for now at a hyper inflated price.

Paltheos

Didn't even know this existed here, but subscribed now. Somewhat new to gunpla, only built two so far (RG Freedom and Justice), but on the wait for my Double X to arrive.

In a weird twist of fate, I'm actually building a HG for the first time after doing two RGs, so it should be sorta different and I can't wait til ~brazilian customs~ (aka hell) give it the OK so that it finally gets here.

And while we're at it, taking the chance to ask around: has anyone built the HGAW DX? I'm kinda on the fence on whether it's better to go with the sticker for the panels or paint it, and if the latter, also worried that I might not find Tamiya paints and some colors like clear <color> around here.

Also, that Strike Freedom up there looks absolutely amazing!

Hey, I like your taste. I've built and like all those kits.

The HGAW DX is a good kit. Rock solid poseability all around, except for the energy panels in the wrists which are rubbish and flap around freely. The gold stickers aren't an issue. I like them, and they're surprisingly easy to apply. It does have several minor color issues, but only two that are really annoying. One is he v-fin and jewel piece are all one part, and the kit gives you an awful red sticker for the jewel piece. The other is that the vents and pistons on the feet are both white, and it's distracting once you see it.

I've written a full review of this kit before, which you can find easily enough googling, if you want more details.

Fun fact I didn't learn until building the X Divider: The DX has longer beam sword effect parts, for some reason.

Beth Cyra

Delta Gundam is completed. Really enjoy the contrast between it and the Kai. I love the head design of the Delta vs the Kiai and the knees are much better.

Sheild connection is pure garbage and actually holds worse then the monster Kai Sheild.

Blue-kun

Hey, I like your taste. I've built and like all those kits.

The HGAW DX is a good kit. Rock solid poseability all around, except for the energy panels in the wrists which are rubbish and flap around freely. The gold stickers aren't an issue. I like them, and they're surprisingly easy to apply. It does have several minor color issues, but only two that are really annoying. One is he v-fin and jewel piece are all one part, and the kit gives you an awful red sticker for the jewel piece. The other is that the vents and pistons on the feet are both white, and it's distracting once you see it.

I've written a full review of this kit before, which you can find easily enough googling, if you want more details.

Fun fact I didn't learn until building the X Divider: The DX has longer beam sword effect parts, for some reason.

Haha, thanks! And right back at you at your taste, in Gunpla and in games too, cause can't go wrong with Lenneth there!

But, I digress, lol. Back on topic, I guess I'll try to apply the stickers then and see how that goes. I guess I was a bit wary because I had a REALLY hard time getting the eye stickers on the RG properly applied, but then again I imagine there musn't be a lot of stickers out there that are more annoying to apply. The visors are too small and just holding that piece made me a bit worried things would go south really fast, lol.

Kit actually cleared customs yesterday, so in normal circumstances it'd be arriving at my house tomorrow, we'll see. And as for the red jewel, I saw that was really weird, yeah, and definitely going to paint it. I guess some tape to cover the yellow bits in order to avoid getting red on it should be enough to do a decent job? It's so small that... yeah. Also thought about painting the vents and stuff in yellow, yeah, because it seemed rather doable, although I'm not sure which color to use for the pistons in particular. Any suggestions?

Oh, and while we're at it, I'm used to the great looking/pointy v-fins in the RGs, and from what I saw the HGAW DX has those round edges on them which I guess is to make it safer for kids? How do you guys deal with that, if you want to make it look more pointy and like the anime's/original artwork's v-fin?

Delta Gundam is completed. Really enjoy the contrast between it and the Kai. I love the head design of the Delta vs the Kiai and the knees are much better.

Sheild connection is pure garbage and actually holds worse then the monster Kai Sheild.

Did the Delta come with a DLC code for Gundam UC on the PS3? You gonna use it?

yami4ct

RG Astray Red came back in at HLJ. Really surprised how quickly it sold out the first time. Really excited to get my hands on it. Will ship that bad boy out as soon as Transformers Masterpiece Tracks hits in September. That Astray lineart looks stunning.

Shun

I decided to give Gundam AGE another go a couple days ago and man my opinion on it has turned a 180, especially giving the PSP game another go.

Back when it first aired in 2011, I just couldn't get into it at all but I really wanted to give it a chance considering I like Level-5 and I thought the concept was interesting. At the time I was a bit harsh on the mobile suit design and how rushed the story panned out.

Fast forward to today and I have a newfound appreciation for the character development in Flit and Asemu. I have yet to reach Kio's arc so I might have a change of heart there, but around Kio's arc is when I began to lose interest at first and deem AGE to be a terrible series.

Hopefully that changes as I enjoy the first 2 arcs so far. If AGE was given more time to flesh things out with Flit and Asemu given more episodes and Kio's arc given it's own set season, the pacing would be much better and AGE would be much more enjoyable.

I grew to like the mobile suit design despite it being too "Exia/00". Age probably has the best grunt suit design in the Genoace, Adele, and G-Bouncer. Still not a fan of Titus and Dark Hound but Spallow and the other suits really grew on me after a while. The other suits in the PSP game is better than the ones in the anime as well.

I've been a fan of Gundam for a long time (UC timeline mostly, but I kinda like G and W too), but I've been putting off watching Unicorn until recently. so... a few questions (I'll put stuff in spoiler ijust in case):

1. what's that golden ring
behind the Zeon MA that Full Frontal was piloting? is it some kind of microwave weapon
?

2. so now that everyone and they mom knows about the
erased history on that tablet about the new type space people should get dips in seats in the Federation government, would that change anything regarding the world moving on? would the government actually accept that and start treat space colonist better
?

3. Full Frontal,
is he really dead at the end? is he simply just a clone of the real Char
?

and

4. if the
real Char is dead (the whole spirit thing at the end), how come we don't see Armuro's spirit? is he not dead yet but drifting out there somewhere still
?

thanks for any answers~

PhiLonius

I've been a fan of Gundam for a long time (UC timeline mostly, but I kinda like G and W too), but I've been putting off watching Unicorn until recently. so... a few questions (I'll put stuff in spoiler ijust in case):

1. what's that golden ring
behind the Zeon MA that Full Frontal was piloting? is it some kind of microwave weapon
?

2. so now that everyone and they mom knows about the
erased history on that tablet about the new type space people should get dips in seats in the Federation government, would that change anything regarding the world moving on? would the government actually accept that and start treat space colonist better
?

3. Full Frontal,
is he really dead at the end? is he simply just a clone of the real Char
?

and

4. if the
real Char is dead (the whole spirit thing at the end), how come we don't see Armuro's spirit? is he not dead yet but drifting out there somewhere still
?

thanks for any answers~

The Space-Time Continuum

2. No, because
we still ended up with Victory

Dead

Amuro was there.

Top Bottom