• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LttP: Halo series (on 360)

ElRenoRaven

Reached the mission "Keyes" tonight. Stopping 'cos it's bedtime.

I... honestly didn't find The Library as bad as Assault on the Control Room, which lasts forever and repeats the same rooms over and over. At least The Library was a change of pace, and 343 Guilty Spark made me chuckle.

yea Library and flood levels in general get a lot of undo hate. They always give a nice change of pace from the covenant levels. I actually really miss them in Halo 4 and 5.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Keyes is probably my least favourite level. It reminds me a bit of Cortana in H3, actually.

GhaleonEB

I maintain that Halo 3 has one of the best PvE combat sandboxes of all time, and was the pinnacle of the series. The story was lacking, but the encounter design in Halo 3 is just brilliant from end to end. (Okay, 'Cortana' aside.)

I maintain that Halo 3 has one of the best PvE combat sandboxes of all time, and was the pinnacle of the series. The story was lacking, but the encounter design in Halo 3 is just brilliant from end to end. (Okay, 'Cortana' aside.)
It's a fun campaign, and it's 4p co-op! 4 player co-op wasn't really a thing in 2007, so jumping into H3's sandbox with 3 friends was quite an experience.

That final Warthog Run™ is hilariously awesome with other people.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It's a fun campaign, and it's 4p co-op! 4 player co-op wasn't really a thing in 2007, so jumping into H3's sandbox with 3 friends was quite an experience.

That final Warthog Run™ is hilariously awesome with other people.

I disliked the attempt to recreate the run from CE. The grid of exploding squares felt like a particularly cheap and horrible way of adding complexity.

TheYanger

I disliked the attempt to recreate the run from CE. The grid of exploding squares felt like a particularly cheap and horrible way of adding complexity.

They're not at all similar, though. I appreciated it as a callback, and the actual gameplay of the two is wholly different.

I think - in my personal opinion - 343 Guilty Spark > The Library > Two Betrayals might be one of the strongest sets of levels I've ever experienced. I know people really dislike The Library but the more I think about it, the more interesting I think it is in terms of how it changes up the mechanics that you've by now become accustomed to in the missions leading up to it. Really memorable stuff.

REDSLATE

I loved that it added a bit of depth while paying tribute to the original. In fact, one of Halo 3's merits was its references to prior works, particularly the novels.

m23

Yeah Halo 3 campaign is easily the best in the series. Story was a mess though.

Top Bottom