• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Insert Credit Podcast is a thing, a lovely, lovely thing.

I added this to my podcast feed back in November but none of the episodes downloaded so I forgot about it. I fixed the issue yesterday and started listening. This is a fantastic podcast with some of the best-worst wordplay in podcasts these day :lol. I listened to the latest episode and I'm now listening to the GOTY episode

I love a good snow level in games. Snow is beautiful to look at and terrible to experience which is why I like it in games. FFXII's snowy area stands out as a favorite of mine

This is a double post but I don't care. FINALLY a podcast that hates eating sounds as much as I do. Every other podcast is like "Oh you don't like eating sounds? ::smack smack slurp smack:: ha ha take that!

These guys get it. Can I redo my voting in the podcast of the year thread now?

Tim Rogers is such a waste, it reminds of this one teacher I had in middle school. Dude brought a Hostess fruit pie (usually apple, with the occasional cherry) to our class everyday, and devoured it in less than nine seconds. This really struck me, because my uncle's obese next door neighbor ran a small bakery, and made some great pies. The shop never did great business, likely due to it being down the street from a factory which manufactured something that made the air smell awful for several blocks. Hard to eat or even think about a delicious pie while the air smells like burning plastic. But anyway, back to Tim Rogers. Tim, Tim, who names their child Tim? Monty Python fans? Man, those guys were really great. I recall laughing so much it hurt upon seeing their Sam Peckinpah Salad Days sketch as child, even though I was completely unaware of who Sam Peckinpah even was. Humor that works on two levels, that's just one sign of the inherent superiority in Japanese game design of the late 80's. Sort of like how tennis players (who are fighters with racquets, and there are no tactics in fighting) were better in the days were the courts played at different speeds, and they weren't all just clay courts painted different colors. In closing Gears of War is the Contra for people who didn't like Contra, and Tim Rogers get's a 1 out of 5 bologna sandwiches.

GhaleonQ

This is a double post but I don't care. FINALLY a podcast that hates eating sounds as much as I do. Every other podcast is like "Oh you don't like eating sounds? ::smack smack slurp smack:: ha ha take that!

These guys get it. Can I redo my voting in the podcast of the year thread now?

Gosh, where is this topic? I never see it when it's bumped.

Anyway, this episode was great, but I think they really needed to pay more attention to Nude Maker. I'm kind of smitten by them at this point.

I also would like to point out that no weeaboocast would criticize Platinum Games so thoroughly (not harshly, just thoroughly).

fushi

Do you really want to tarnish your vision of what Bonk's Revenge REPRESENTS?
I always like to see things for myself above all else. But good point!

I found Resident Evil 4 to be an odd omission. But maybe that's just me. I also would like to know where they'd place a modern GTA game on that list. Next year!

I liked their Best Games Ever list. They had the right Zelda!

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Tetris (Various)
OutRun 2 (Arcade)
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Arcade)
EarthBound (SNES)
Mother 3 (GBA)
God Hand (PS2)
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (GB)
The Secret of Monkey Island (DOS)
Half-Life 2 (PC)
Another World (Amiga)
Sid Meier’s Civilization (PC)
Bonk’s Revenge (TurboGrafx-16)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Minecraft (PC)
Cave Story (PC)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS)
PONG (PONG)

fushi

By the way: how does OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast compare to OutRun 2? Cause that's the one I have available.

Coast 2 Coast not includes a faithful conversion of OutRun 2(with the extra 15 levels from OR2 SP), but also brand new challanges in Coast 2 Coast.

Get it. It's good!

GhaleonQ

Coast 2 Coast not includes a faithful conversion of OutRun 2(with the extra 15 levels from OR2 SP), but also brand new challanges in Coast 2 Coast.

Get it. It's good!

Indeed. It might be my favorite racing game.

I think the only thing missing from making it "complete" is the music, which one can find easily. I mean, I'd care about that anyway, but it's OUTRUN MUSIC. You have to have it all. Check out the boxset.

GhaleonQ

The improv zone in the latest episode is great

I could not agree more. It seems obvious to include, in retrospect, but everyone's quick enough to riff really well or create a scene. The show's steadily gotten funnier in addition to being well-argued (or interestingly argued).

It's really getting better and better. I really dig the music that's chosen and how it's laid on top of everything. On a crummier note, I just checked the site and got a malware warning :(

Chrysalis

Slightly OT...OP mentioned Chris Kohler. For people that don't know, he co-hosts Good Job, Brain!, a trivia podcast. Such an amazing collection of people talking about a healthy variety of interesting topics. Can't recommend highly enough.

Slightly OT...OP mentioned Chris Kohler. For people that don't know, he co-hosts Good Job, Brain!, a trivia podcast. Such an amazing collection of people talking about a healthy variety of interesting topics. Can't recommend highly enough.

Started listening tonight and it's awesome. Thanks for mentioning it!

Well if you are telling me it is Player1Podcast with Frank Cifaldi, I am down for a listen or two!

P1fan4eva. Phils Outro-extending powers are the best!

pje122

What the heck. If you go to the Insert Credit homepage Episode 31 is still not on there... Brandon, get your shit together!

Edit: Someone please name me the song at the beginning of the episode... I know it's from Earthbound, but can't remember which track...

Oh my god, it's a little LTTP but Episode 32, the answers to "what would you do if you had a Being John Malkovich-style trap door that lead to the mind of Shinji Mikami" were absolutely hilarious. The people of Westwood now think I am some random crazy person for walking down the street and laughing my ass off.

pje122

What the heck how do I even access Episode 32? Can someone please link it?

Edit: OK, I just modified post #124 above and was able to get it that way... in any case I wish they would iron out all their site problems...

Brandon said he's giving up, and is just going to let the hackers have the site. I guess most people just listen through iTunes or some other podcast syncing program anyway. You could also try... watching the raw youtube footage linked on their facebook page?

Rufus

Yeah, Wordpress seems to be a piece of shit, so he's throwing in the towel. Is there another way to get direct links to the MP3 files? I really don't want to put iTunes on a Windows machine. Unless it's stopped being crap while I wasn't looking.

pje122

Yeah, Wordpress seems to be a piece of shit, so he's throwing in the towel. Is there another way to get direct links to the MP3 files? I really don't want to put iTunes on a Windows machine. Unless it's stopped being crap while I wasn't looking.

Just modify the hyperlink in post #124 above.

Blargh I forgot all about this podcast. It doesn't seem to update my feed whenever downcast refreshes. I haven't had a new episode in like two months :l is this related to the weird malware warnings on IC's site?

Rufus

Welp, that trick don't work no more. "Page not Found" blabla.

Episode 34 is out though, I suppose.

I guess I'll have to grit my teeth and install iTunes after all...

GhaleonQ

This happens a lot with podcast hosting, I've found. It's irritating, but we should be fine in a few hours. I have a 3-episode backlog, anyway! They're so, so consistent.

Top Bottom