• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

I haven't turned my PS3 on in awhile, but I'll say it again because I'm sure no one's added me yet.

PSN: Platinum_Milk <----- Free Wins!

Amazon says I'll have it on Friday.

Lothars

CT-06/30/09-launch @ full price, LE was also $60
CS-07/27/10-Nearly thirteen months later @ budget price
CSII-05/10/11-Free update about nine months later for everyone. Switch back and forth fine.
Extend-02/14/12-About nine months after CSII and eighteen months after CS which was the last disc release. This is also @ budget price. Even LE is budget haha.

The schedule seems more or less like Street Fighter IV's history which I don't have a problem with(unlike Mahvel's super accelerated release schedules). I'm not fond of the fact that we are only getting one character. I really think that is BS, but this is one of the few games that has good online, beefy single player, a good mission mode, replays, a great fighting system and a load of characters that I want to play. Other fighters right now are usually missing some key components like these, have boring characters or have horrible single player that is not even worth mentioning so this gets top priority since it checks all of the boxes.
I agree the Marvel one shouldn't of happened the way it did but it is similar to Street Fighters releases and I don't have an issue with that either way, I am just surprised it's not made a bigger deal. It would be nice to get more characters, Will CS DLC characters work in Extend? I haven't picked them up yet but would be tempted to if they did.

xero273

I agree the Marvel one shouldn't of happened the way it did but it is similar to Street Fighters releases and I don't have an issue with that either way, I am just surprised it's not made a bigger deal. It would be nice to get more characters, Will CS DLC characters work in Extend? I haven't picked them up yet but would be tempted to if they did.

CS dlc characters are already included in Extend. You do not need to buy them

Grokbu

After Extend was announced, BB has gotten more people irritated on the releases. Nothing like the complaints about Capcom games though.

The DLC characters are included with Extend.

I haven't turned my PS3 on in awhile, but I'll say it again because I'm sure no one's added me yet.

PSN: Platinum_Milk <----- Free Wins!

Amazon says I'll have it on Friday.

WTF, I added you yesterday.

Unless I added the wrong Platinum Milk

After Extend was announced, BB has gotten more people irritated on the releases. Nothing like the complaints about Capcom games though.

I'm more irritated at the fact that they release/announce a new game right before Evo. Talk about killing all the hype.

Reversal Jayoku >all

I am ready for dat Jayoku. I have also decided I'm just gonna main Rachel. I don't want to learn new chars again.

Lothars

CS dlc characters are already included in Extend. You do not need to buy them

That's good, Thanks for letting me know. I am glad to hear that I don't need to actually buy them. I am thinking of ordering the limited edition now because of the artbook but I am kind of hoping we get them in stores here.

vampire lolis confirmed as illiterate lol, magical girl lolis reign supreme xD

PS3 hasn't been on in the past 7 days or so, so I haven't checked. I wasn't hopeful though, because BB. I'll accept as soon as PSN finishes updating. =/

Pedobear doesn't judge by your background. Only age.

And yes, I've been beaten on the ass by not reading whole posts.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Having never played BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, is there a good fighter that this compares to? I want to pick up a fighter day 1 with my Vita, but I'm not sure I'll really enjoy UMvC3. So it's between this and waiting for some other fighter to get announced.

So, it sounds like most of you are PS3. Any other 360 players in here? Would be nice to play some fresh blood

I'm on 360. Honestly, my purchase depends entirely on how many players the 360 side gets. My community is now 2 versions behind because we can't get either CSII or CSEX on arcade here and many only play it there, so this wouldn't even be good for the training mode :/

Having never played BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, is there a good fighter that this compares to? I want to pick up a fighter day 1 with my Vita, but I'm not sure I'll really enjoy UMvC3. So it's between this and waiting for some other fighter to get announced.

I haven't played any game that's similar to BB/GG, but I can tell you that BB is an offensive oriented game. It punishes you for running away too much (Negative Penalty), all your defensive tools (CA, green barrier, primers, bursts, etc) are all there to change from defensive to offensive, and rapid cancels keeps your momentum. The game is also very combo intensive, so be ready to learn long combos.

So, it sounds like most of you are PS3. Any other 360 players in here? Would be nice to play some fresh blood

I think Tobe's getting on 360. Solar is double dipping. Not sure about the rest.

I need this but hmm. I dont know if my budget will let me... x.x fuuuuuuuuuck

YEESSS!!!! Let me have an edge!

T.O.P

Banned

Hi there

360 Tag: Marty McFly o3

Italy btw, donnow how bad the lag will be :x

Can we add a list of the players in the OP?
It's the third time that i'm posting the tag lol

Must be nice to have an arcade scene =( But if it helps, I'll have it on 360!

I only wish the cab had better parts XD

Honestly, the problem I had with CS(II) wasn't actually lack of people playing online, it was that the lobbies were a sea of 1s and 0s with a couple of 2s now and then and everything above might as well not exist :|

Hi there

360 Tag: Marty McFly o3

Italy btw, donnow how bad the lag will be :x

Can we add a list of the players in the OP?
It's the third time that i'm posting the tag lol

Yeah getting it on 360 just cause of xbl.

Perfect. I'm sure we can manage with the whole Italy thing. I'll add you guys when I have the chance.

GT: Goldlion054

For the record, I'll probably spend the first few days getting back into BB and figuring a few things out, and with Valentines day tomorrow, I kind of have to do some things =/ But I'm looking forward to it!

Roto13

I asked about this game at a local indie game store today and they said it was delayed a week, but I can't find anyone else saying it's delayed. Has anyone heard anything about this? I know the first Continuum Shift was delayed here in Canada because of a shipping error. :p

No, it hasn't been delayed. It doesn't ship until Tuesday, February 14th, however, so you won't be seeing it in stores until later this week.

EDIT: Just saw that you were in Canada. It hasn't been delayed, but it might take a little while to make it up to the great white north. To our knowledge things are more or less on track.

I3rand0

Disappointed this wasn't in the OP.

new-hat-stacy.gif

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Gonna stop by Gamestop tomorrow. Hopefully they have an extra copy since I didn't pre-order. Need my ice car fix.

Roto13

No, it hasn't been delayed. It doesn't ship until Tuesday, February 14th, however, so you won't be seeing it in stores until later this week.

EDIT: Just saw that you were in Canada. It hasn't been delayed, but it might take a little while to make it up to the great white north. To our knowledge things are more or less on track.

It has a shipping date but not a release date? Ugh, so lame.

Top Bottom