• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC - 27th November, 1200 points

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Twas shown at Comic Con. Fan interview (no shown content).

- Aria (derr).
- Female Turian character introduced. Named Narim (or something).
- "One of our largest we've done so far. Basically double the size of the largest DLC we've done for ME3".
- Follows the Invasion comic series, including General Petrovsky's command over Omega.
- New enemies.
- 1200 Microsoft points. ME3 Leviathan and From Ashes, and ME2 Shadow Borker, were 800 points. Thus it is the most expensive Mass Effect DLC to date.

Figured it was worth a thread to the three of us with severe enough mental problems to care.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Awesome. I've been waiting for this. Haven't played Leviathan or the Extended Cut yet so I'll jump back in once this is out.

Also LOL at Shadow Borker

Goon Boon

Banned
Mass Effect ended for me at #2 after they shipped "3" without an ending, no dlc can trick me into buying anything ME again.

- J - D -

"Basically double the size of the largest DLC we've done for ME3."

So...double the size of Leviathan, then? That's...6 hours?!

Carbonox

Sounds extremely interesting. Since getting the Platinum in ME3 (not that long after the game came out), I haven't touched it (including all the DLC). Though that's partially because I might just wait it out for the GOTY edition. :p

Bazza

been waiting for this DLC before i did another ME3 run not played single player since before the additional bits were added to the ending, after reading the comics its criminal Omega was left out of the game originally.

Tizoc

Mass Effect ended for me at #2 after they shipped "3" without an ending, no dlc can trick me into buying anything ME again.

The ending is only 2 GB and can be DLed for free >_>;

Now that I think about it, Omega wasn't anywhere to be explored in the game, and everything regarding
Aria pretty much ended by the time you got control of the 3 mercenary factions.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Now that I think about it, Omega wasn't anywhere to be explored in the game, and everything regarding
Aria pretty much ended by the time you got control of the 3 mercenary factions.

The Omega DLC is really a cap to the Invasion comic series, which had Aria lose Omega to Cerberus under Petrovsky's command.

I also suspect the new enemies will be Adjutants, as they were supposed to be in ME3 but were scrapped as the teleporting code at the time was putting too much stress on console hardware.

ShutEye

One day in the far future I will revisit this franchise on PC, get all the ME3 dlc, play through the whole series again, and then cry, again.

I take it this will work the same as the Leviathan dlc in terms of retroactively working itself into the main ME3 story?

Tizoc

The Omega DLC is really a cap to the Invasion comic series, which had Aria lose Omega to Cerberus under Petrovsky's command.

I also suspect the new enemies will be Adjutants, as they were supposed to be in ME3 but were scrapped as the teleporting code at the time was putting too much stress on console hardware.

Is that comic good though? Wouldn't mind reading it.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Not sure if want.
Previous ME dlc hasn't been great value IMO (no replayability), so 1200 might be a little steep.

Is this post or pre Mass Effect 3 ending? Considering 3 made the whole franchise before it irrelevant, I don't see the point of anything pre.

eot

Banned
For 15$ they better deliver, but I haven't been burned by any DLC aside from Arrival so I think I'll get this too. It's still kind of hard to get properly excited about anything that takes place in the ME3 timeline though. I guess you just have to forget about the ending while you play it.

- J - D -

Hopefully there's more to the DLC than just pure size to justify the price hike. I'm approaching this already expecting it to be the least important of the DLC's so far in terms of impact on the ME lore. I feel that once DLC goes above $10 it stops being impulse purchases.

Still, if the gameplay content is meaty and Aria's involvement is all encompassing (team-mate), then it couldn't be a worse value proposition than From Ashes, at the very least.

More likely it's the new Cerberus Dragoons, already in the MP. Also possible: the Collectors too. They'd want an excuse to use them in the single-player now I'd imagine.

graywolf323

Gold Member

ugh, because that's exactly what Mass Effect needs

rather intelligent teleporting "zombies"

*doesn't want to fight them*

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You would think that such an announcement would have been made official through a trailer rather than a youtube fan interview.

I was expecting it to come out sooner, but i guess with the recently released multiplayer DLC, it make sense.

megalowho

$15 is a lot of money for an extra mission. LotSB was the "standard" $10, I'm curious to see how they justify the price hike.

Bisnic

$15 is a lot of money for an extra mission. LotSB was the "standard" $10, I'm curious to see how they justify the price hike.

Leviathan was 3 missions + a new Citadel lab, that's good reason to believe that Omega could have more missions or even a full fledged hub like ME2 Omega if it twice the size of Leviathan.

As much as people shit on ME3 for A) Having multi-player(at first) and B) Having a "bad ending"

Mass Effect 3 probably has one of the best DLC line-ups of all time.

Mindwipe

Meh, never really got the appeal of Aria anyway. It was always pretty obvious this would be the next DLC given what an obvious hole in the story is left for it, but I don't really care.

The only thing that would even make me think about spending money on the ME franchise again is something that featured Morinth prominently. And not if it made her crap.

Really? I mean i like the game a lot overall but i couldn't agree with that.

I think "of all time" is a bit of a stretch, but what they've done with ME3 has been very impressive thus far. The multiplayer DLC all being free and all being pretty significant is major, I think, and Leviathan was a really cool, different experience to anything the series has done before. Hopefully Omega features some nice experimental gameplay bits, too.

What I'd like most of all is for them to have Omega as a visit-able hub, around the same size as the ME2 Omega (they could even update the same areas, realistically) when this is all over, with some stores and other reasons to return - maybe even one or two small side quests related to it. Especially for this price. Doubt that'll happen, though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hate that I get excited for this so easily. Leviathan had a really nice pace to it though so I have hope for this to be a solid ride as well.

Lakitu

st5fu
I really enjoyed Leviathan despite some shortcomings. This is the one I've been waiting for and it sounds like the rumours may be true (spoilers):
That Omega is a hub world.

megalowho

Leviathan was 3 missions + a new Citadel lab, that's good reason to believe that Omega could have more missions or even a full fledged hub like ME2 Omega if it twice the size of Leviathan.
Perhaps, but in a market where full awesome games like Mark of the Ninja go for the same price or even less (Fez for $10), it still gives me pause. It will have to be some significant content for me to justify a purchase, that's for sure.

Fowler

I think "of all time" is a bit of a stretch, but what they've done with ME3 has been very impressive thus far. The multiplayer DLC all being free and all being pretty significant is major, I think, and Leviathan was a really cool, different experience to anything the series has done before. Hopefully Omega features some nice experimental gameplay bits, too.

I think the problem with all the DLC is that ultimately it doesn't matter. Not debating the content of the ending so much as the fact that the ending literally ENDS the story -- it's not a continuation, there's no possibility for ambiguity like ME2 (where the DLC could come either before or after the ending), the end of ME3 is the end.

I played Leviathan because I wanted to see the Extended Cut ending, so I did both at once. I liked Leviathan and I appreciate all that they're putting into the DLC... it just feels so pointless to me.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I just want Aria as a squadmate for the rest of the game. If she ends up being no different than Kasumi or Zaeed, I'm okay with that.

I think the problem with all the DLC is that ultimately it doesn't matter. Not debating the content of the ending so much as the fact that the ending literally ENDS the story -- it's not a continuation, there's no possibility for ambiguity like ME2 (where the DLC could come either before or after the ending), the end of ME3 is the end.

I played Leviathan because I wanted to see the Extended Cut ending, so I did both at once. I liked Leviathan and I appreciate all that they're putting into the DLC... it just feels so pointless to me.

Y'know, there's more to this universe than its beginning, middle and end, though. Overlord, one of their best DLCs, is pretty much completely disconnected from all the stuff about the Reapers and Collectors and Saren - it's humans doing some sick experimentation on their own kind.

I'm intrigued to see what happens to Omega, as it was one of my favourite locations from ME2, and Aria is a cool character (and I'm interested to see if we get clarification on the her & Wrex relationship) - that stuff is outside of, separate from the ending. It's not going to change the ending, sure, but it's going to likely offer clarification on parts of the lore that interest me that for better or for worse weren't given all their closure in ME3. For that reason, I'm interested.

Bladenic

Definitely will get. Everytime I think of Aria and Omega I think of that hilarious Deception novel and start cracking up.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kai Leng was a stunning example of just how awesome and powerful content based on semi-canonical low budget transmedia garbage can be, so I look forward to this. Ideally this wouldn't even be DLC, it'd be a motion comic mobisode that ties into the upcoming Mountain Dew x Dragon Age x Mass Effect commercial promotion.

Bisnic

I dunno, i always thought that was a weird excuse.... plenty of games have DLC with no planned direct sequel that continue its story or transfer decisions that you made. Did people say that when the Missing Link DLC of Deux Ex HR would have 0 impact on the overall story and wouldnt matter in the end even if a sequel eventually come out in a few years? When i buy DLC, it's for the gameplay content and story bits, not if it actually matter in the overall story or for potential sequels.

Top Bottom