• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Vigil Games (2005-2013)

FHIZ

I'm REALLY surprised WB Games didn't pick these guys up (or Volition, for that matter) I had envisioned Vigil probably going to work on some of the DC Comics properties outside of Batman.

Synless

How did they not get bought? Darksiders 1 was great. I am currently going through Darksiders 2 and it has been a great ride so far as well.

sammy

Some talented folks worked down at the Austin studio, I really hope they find good work soon or saved up enough cash to enjoy a sabbatical in the city.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Wow, that sucks.

I hope they all find homes elsewhere, like Retro Studios who is a quick ride away.

Lumine

Wow that sucks. Darksiders 1 is excellent and I'm currently enjoying Darksiders 2 very much. What a shame, would've loved to see more of them in the future. :(

I was hoping Nintendo would pick them up since Retro is in the same area.

also I wanted them to make a zelda game because it would be funny

that fuckin' SUCKS

DS2 has it's problems, but it was a VERY solid action-adventure game, with a great combat engine, and wonderfully chunky comic book aesthetic.

This blows big black booty butt cheeks, man

FUCK

Fireblend

Banned
Never played DS2 due to bad impressions, but the first one was fun and I thought both had done well in sales... a shame, really.

B-Dex

Does this mean Darksiders 2 will go on sale for Wii U now?
too soon?

RIP Vigil. I really did like their games.

Kard8p3

>_< I know I already posted in this topic, but still..

this sucks. hardcore. Vigil was amazing. I loved DS and DSII.

abadguy

Banned
Well that's some really shitty news. I was hoping that they would be snatched up by someone .( maybe Capcom, or MS)

mr_chun

You can't tell me that NO ONE wanted them or their assets. At least break it up and dissolve them into a couple other studios or something. Wow.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
So what happens to the Darksiders games that are already available on store shelves and online services?

wrowa

Was there some kind of minimum bid or does this really mean that no one wanted to invest even just a million bucks into the studio?:(

Top Bottom