• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirlond

No Boots of Travel, Sheepstick, Frostfield plate?

I was just building whatever, don't like following the recommended at the best of times, wanted to be able to shut down as much as possible while still dealing damage, I was usually on the skirts of the fight with loads between me as I cyclone'd, blinded and silenced enemies.I was going to build boots of travel, but as it approached the end game the aoe mana was better received by the team, so I kept arcane boots.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I was just building whatever, don't like following the recommended at the best of times, wanted to be able to shut down as much as possible while still dealing damage, I was usually on the skirts of the fight with loads between me as I cyclone'd, blinded and silenced enemies.I was going to build boots of travel, but as it approached the end game the aoe mana was better received by the team, so I kept arcane boots.

You do know what a Sheepstick does right? BoT are core on Tinker, like you need them to really make the hero good.

How do the boots make him good?

Rearm works on items as well. You can use the boots to teleport anywhere, helping with ganks or pushing or supporting your teammates, then rearm and teleport anywhere else. And where you are about to out of mana, boots of travel back to base, heal up mana, rearm and continue supporting, ganking and pushing.

I believe boots of travel and bottle(refills bottle charges) are core items for tinker.

Lirlond

Rearm works on items as well. You can use the boots to teleport anywhere, helping with ganks or pushing or supporting your teammates, then rearm and teleport anywhere else. And where you are about to out of mana, boots of travel back to base, heal up mana, rearm and continue supporting, ganking and pushing.

I believe boots of travel and bottle(refills bottle charges) are core items for tinker.

Did not know this.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
How do the boots make him good?

Pretty much what frosty said. You use rearm to reset the cooldown on the BoTs and go back and forth from well to lanes refilling your bottle to farm out of control and gank almost anywhere very very rapidly.

Does Vladamirs Offering work on Anti-Mage? I think just the mask part is an orb. But Vlamdir's Offering itself isn't?

Yes it does, but get it later rather than sooner, he needs survivability and damage first to make it useful.

x3r0123

except for bkb iirc

Saucy_XL

Banned
Does Vladamirs Offering work on Anti-Mage? I think just the mask part is an orb. But Vlamdir's Offering itself isn't?

Yes and the extra Mana Break damage is physical so you get lifesteal from it as well. (True in Dota, not 100% sure for Dota 2)

Kapura

Banned
vladamir's offering and skeleton king's aura both count as aura effects, not orbs. So you can pick up a separate orb beyond the lifesteal.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ibq6u6zix2A9up.jpg

Doombringer, the universal counter.

(I was going to pick some int hero until I saw that they picked spec, bs and am.)

Blackface

Banned
Valve really does need to program the bots to be more realistic.

They see through invisibility.
They run the moment you ping them to get your dumb bots to attack
The bots on your team don't defend
They run faster then you no matter if your items are the same
They ignore the fog of war and see through it
They auto stun you if you begin to channel even if you are out of their LOS

just to name a few problems.

Kapura

Banned

bolded are behaviours I've never encountered with bots in any of the dozen-or-so games I'm played with them. They are mostly dumb, yeah, but they don't cheat :/

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.

None of this is true

Card Boy

Banned
Things i want to see

-Lines for the shopkeeper (i heard this was happening). Each hero currently has 4.30 to 12 minutes of lines. I want something similar for the shopkeeper where he talks about each and every item. Sort of like he did in the Gamescon trailer.

-Surrender option whether its 4/5 votes or like HoNs, i want to see it implemented.

-Full stats system that tells K/D, leaves, denys, ect etc.

-Unless i'm blind and its there, the game needs a replay system.

-Hero select needs to be cleaned up a tiny bit. I don't like it how you have to scroll down for the Bio. Left hand side where the hero select is fine but like little things need adding on the right side like adding a ranged or melee icons. And a summary of their skills when you go over them. I know there is a skill tab (that doesn't exist yet), but I'm talking about having it all on one page.

-Beastmaster looks retarded, not asking for a full change, just the face. I'm going to avoid this hero because of how dumb he looks.

-The game needs a full proper clan system, with officers, leaders. Having played League, chat rooms dont cut it for me. Steam groups doesn't cut it aswell considering it doesn't integrate fully with the game.

-There needs to be a way to tell whos in game (not available) and whos online like HoN/LoL.

*Look 20 gaffers are on!*
*"Hey there IH?"*
*(crickets) no one answers*
*"But there are 20 people online!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, the bots don't cheat. What they do do is buy wards, and have really fast reflexes. I'm a bit glad Valve doesn't make them Deny Perfectly, I'm sure they could if they wanted to.

-Unless i'm blind and its there, the game needs a replay system.
It has one, but it is a bit burred. Goto Watch, Recent, and Filter for your own names (Filter takes a few times to really work, could be better), and most of your games should have an option to download the replay.

Kapura

Banned
It actually is true, and various people are complaining about it. It is beta though. Go try it all yourself.

I am going to make a few videos of some of their issues. The invisibility one is the biggest problem.
Analogous statement:
"9/11 actually was done by the american government, and various people complain about it."

I have never experienced any of the issues I bolded above. The issue, again, is not that the bots cheat, but that they are dumb shits.

Hylian7

I was showing a friend the game today by playing in an all-AI match. The AI's are either ridiculously insane towerdiving maniacs or complete morons. They are on opposite ends of the spectrum at the worst times. When two heroes are chasing me to my inner tower during the LANING PHASE while the outer tower is still up, there is something wrong with that. Were they human players, they would have backed off by then, and if not my team probably would have been there to help me by that time.

Also, I tried Dragon Knight for the first time. He is a lot of fun! Definitely going to be playing him in the next GAF inhouse and matchmaking. Love his voice being the Vortigaunt voice.

Aegus

So pretty new to Dota 2 (I have some minimal LoL experience), and I find that I seem pretty shit against bots. Bots just seem to just zero in on me and ignore everyone else.

So anyway it feels that Dota 2 is a lot harsher when it comes to getting killed. Seems so much easier to die. Once I get my scripts up and running I could be fine, but my main confusion is the items. Is it best to follow the guide in game or should I try and memorise a guide elsewhere?

Oh and the characters I tend to favour are your long range carrys (so Drow/WR types).

raphier

Banned
None of this is true

Zeus knows when your health is low, no matter what. Bots know always where you are. Tidehunter blinks with precision from woods on you, zeus always strikes you dead if you're below 22-33% and his Ulti is available, Razor is always controlling the midlane, Radiant AI never tries to tower dive, unlike Dire.

Besides, no matter what programmers tell you, The code is always aware of player stats.

Lirlond

So pretty new to Dota 2 (I have some minimal LoL experience), and I find that I seem pretty shit against bots. Bots just seem to just zero in on me and ignore everyone else.

So anyway it feels that Dota 2 is a lot harsher when it comes to getting killed. Seems so much easier to die. Once I get my scripts up and running I could be fine, but my main confusion is the items. Is it best to follow the guide in game or should I try and memorise a guide elsewhere?

Oh and the characters I tend to favour are your long range carrys (so Drow/WR types).

Scripts for what?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, Zeus plus AA would likely be a pretty potent combo of ults. Get a few people low, hit them will AA's ball, then have Zeus use his Lightning.

AtomHeart

Neo Member
I've played a grand total of three bot matches so far and damn, this game is fun. The bots absolutely wreck me because my reactions aren't up to scratch at the moment, after a few more bot matches I'll head into some proper matches so I can get flamed by my team mates, yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom