• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am sick of the games not titled Overwatch

PrismStar

Yeah, while not Overwatch, many people I know only play League of Legend and that game only, they're not interested in playing other games whatsoever.

Meh, I was pretty underwhelmed by what I played of Overwatch. Just feels like an evolution of TF2 which, while not a bad thing at all, doesn't feel as unique as something like R6: Siege which I still haven't managed to pry myself from. Different strokes, I guess.

I'm surprised at how quickly I stopped regularly playing Overwatch.

I played TF2 for years, but my honeymoon period for OW only lasted about ~6 months. It's an objectively good game, but it just didn't capture me like TF2 did, and I was expecting it to.

Sanke__

Op should try vanquish or doom
(Assuming you are playing on pc)

It's all a matter of tastes. DMC4 and Dishonored are not considered "mediocre" games by the majority of gamers I know. I particualrly think they're both very good games (specially DMC4).

Mediocre may have been a little harsh but I would consider them around 8's were as bayonetta I would consider a 9 and 8's just don't cut it for breaking an addiction to one game
(The amount of 9's and 10's so far this year has made me very jaded towards a lot of prefectly fine games)

Tilting about hero selection is more toxic to a team than someone playing hanzo.

I strongly disagree

Ploid 3.0

I played 3 games of Overwatch and felt like I had enough.

Different strokes.

I played quite a bit more, for the skin events, and I wish I was into just playing it without an incentive to play like leveling up for loot crate rolls. I don't even bother with the events anymore. I think I'm around level 8 or something. When they removed the restarting from level 1 to get fast loot boxes it just made me want to stay low level to try for a box or two on events. I never got to get as high as 100 but the fact that I get nothing for starting over now just makes leveling not worth it outside of events for me.

If and when they start focusing on a ton of PVE and maybe even go into story and raids I'll look into getting into it. Destiny 2 may be that thing though. I never played Destiny 1 so that will be interesting.

Jblanks

Sounds like an addiction.

For my I'll play a lot for a couple months and then take a couple months break, probably healthier that way.

JBwB

Currently going through something vaguely similar with the Persona games.

I've recently finished P5 & P4G, but every game I've played since beating them just doesn't feel right. Even DOOM which is supposed to be mindless fun wasn't doing it for me.

I just think I need more Persona in my life right now.

antibolo

Banned
I stopped playing Overwatch some months ago, at one point it felt like I had played enough, just gets repetitive. Not a fan of online gaming in general, Overwatch was one of the rare exceptions.

Meh i play overwatch once every 2-4 months. I even own 2 copies, pc copy was a gift. The game just doesn't catch my interest.

May I ask overwatch addicts, what makes the game so addicting? Please no waifus or "it's just the best" as answers.

DOWN

Banned
Did no one notice that OP listed some of the most critically disliked AAA games in recent memory? RE6? CoD Ghosts? Street Fighter V?

daveo42

Banned
Play whatever you want OP, but try and step away from a game you're hung up on from time to time or else you might miss out on some really great games. I did that with FFXI and am still catching up with all the great games I missed between 2003-2005.

This thread is going to be full of people shitting on you, but I think most people can attest to getting really addicted to one game and everything else not filling the same need.

I just finished P5 and I have no desire to play anything else right now because nothing else is gonna give me that fix.

It happens. I've been tempted to play P5 a third time after beating it twice and putting 250 hours into the game. I had to physically remove and put it away to try and move on to something else.

cripterion

I had more fun in one PUBG round than the entirety of my time in Overwatch.
For a good while I kept playing just to chase those lootboxes, luckily I've snapped out of it and went on to play more interesting things.

Snagret

Loved my time with Overwatch, but I got tired of choosing between quick play with brain dead players and competitive mode with toxic players who sucked the fun right out of the game.

That and I think they should've released more maps by now.

Perona

Overwatch was like that for me for a couple months after it came out, but I barely play it anymore except during events and rocket league has taken its place as my go-to game.

Khrno

I watched a video of Overwatch when it got announced and got sick of it. Since then I have probably finished over a hundred games throughout many platforms.

Dueck

Banned
I'm sick of Overwatch... It seems like there needs to be a fad, and I can never tell if it annoys me because I can't escape it or because it's undeserved. Sometimes it's easy to tell, like when I wanted everyone to shut up about Breaking Bad. That was an objectively awesome show, I had simply reached my limit with having it shoved in my face unintentionally and constantly.

With Overwatch, I think it's genuinely overrated and simply something decent rather than special. Team Fortress 2 has been there and done that, Blizzard just put more effort into its pandering than Valve. I loved the beta and pre-ordered the game during it. Between that and the gold edition of The Division, among others, it was a bad year for me when it came to digital game purchases.

For anyone who is sick of everything except Overwatch, but getting burned out on Overwatch, Titanfall 2 needs some love! That was my GotY for 2016 honestly, and then EA had to send it out to die... It doesn't even have a real F2P model included with the purchase price <3

I can only play Overwatch is small sessions before the solo-Q leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I like the game, but it's one of the most frustrating multiplayer games I've played in years.

NinjaBoiX

No, I'm not really fussed about Overwatch. It's fun and everything but I probably played about 15-20 games and haven't touched it since.
I tried bunch of games all supposedly had good ratings etc like Dishonored,DMC4,Resident evil6,CoD Ghosts,SF5 etc
&#129300;

Overwatch is pretty bad. Shields and healing in a PvP game is anti-fun, and that shit is taken to insane extremes in OW. I feel better with that game out of my life.

I recently built my first PC and a friend told me I should test it out with Overwatch. He's still my friend but I no longer trust anything he says.

I have this vision of everyone at Blizzard thinking "this is it. This is our Team Fortress beater, we've done it!" Then within two weeks of launch:
giphy.gif

Laputa_94

I used to have the overwatch sickness. I have around 300+ hours in, and have reached the point where the game is pretty much only fun if I am playing with friends not taking it seriously. Competitive mode is a nightmare if you take it seriously which I do more than I would like to admit. Now I feel I have fully escaped its grasp with playing persona 5 and FFXV getting me back into single player games.

And as a Street Fighter V player with dozens of moves and combos per character and pretty deep mechanics, I can't help but see Overwatch as a simple, shallow experience where you aim the thing at the thing and pull the thing, wash, rinse, repeat.

I recently built my first PC and a friend told me I should test it out with Overwatch. He's still my friend but I no longer trust anything he says.

I have this vision of everyone at Blizzard thinking "this is it. This is our Team Fortress beater, we've done it!" Then within two weeks of launch:
giphy.gif
Why would they make a mistake by making one of the most played games of the generation which also got good fan and critical reception?

Top Bottom