• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

NSESN

Nearly beating Luffy doesn't mean much, he can be the strongest SH, but he isn't very smart. If anything it is easier to a weak oponent to beat him because he lowers his guard.
Remember that sugar almost turned him into a toy if our God didn't interfere.

Nearly beating Luffy doesn't mean much, he can be the strongest SH, but he isn't very smart. If anything it is easier to a weak oponent to beat him because he lowers his guard.
Remember that sugar almost turned him into a toy if our God didn't interfere.
Alright let's go with this than nami,chopper and robin had to run with only the former having any means to damage her at all

Ray Down

Banned
ONE PIECE has got featured in Jump cover page 174 times in the past 20 years. Those cover pages (maybe small size) will be included in Jump issue 36/37 .

aBarreras

PEkvVoK.png

Sengoku is a piece of shit, remember. He was totally down with indiscriminately murdering civilians for studying history - it's actually kind of depressingly realistic that he gets to retire peacefully in the end.

I'm going to say that I'm not convinced Garp is genuinely a good person either. He's absolutely someone who would willingly go around hurting innocent people - but let's not forget all the effort he put into getting Luffy and Ace (and probably Dragon) into the Marines. Garp's passion for the marines would be one thing if he were a rookie like Coby or something, but he's near the top of the organization. He knows full well that the marines will do things like raze islands to the ground for studying history, slaughter pregnant women and babies for potentially being tied to criminals, help the Celestial Dragons kidnap people and condemn them to the horrors of slavery, etc. So not only did Garp decide he was 100% fine with the way the World Government runs things and how they treat the common people (he must have been, or he wouldn't have fought so hard for so long on their behalf), but he seemed pretty excited to give Luffy and Ace the chance to go out on a marine ship one day so they could kill civilians or capture escaped slaves for their own.

I don't think Garp is truly malicious but I'd probably say he's an evil person with no courage or moral backbone. If he wasn't, he would have jumped ship and helped the Revolutionaries.

knowing oda im pretty sure Garp would end being an insider for the revolutionaries, i dont think one piece ends with Garp still a marine

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think what I like about the whole marines and pirates in One Piece is everyone is doing what they believe is right and it's on us the viewers to agree or disagree with it.

I don't agree with how Akainu or Sengoku did things but I can see from their side why they did it.

Ray Down

Banned
Robin makes a mech out of arms and legs to fight San.

How the fuck is Chopper going to fight Doc Q and Stronger any how? Or how the hell Doc Q fights?

I know he has a scythe and is called the god of death, but he's old and sickly.

MANUELF

Banned
Robin makes a mech out of arms and legs to fight San.

How the fuck is Chopper going to fight Doc Q and Stronger any how? Or how the hell Doc Q fights?

I know he has a scythe and is called the god of death, but he's old and sickly.
He uses medicine to kill people so Chopper must know the effects before they are too late and cure them of their sickness

Ray Down

Banned
I know double post, but new Oda interview:

Oda: Rob Lucci had many highlight scenes, you know. To tell you the truth, Water 7 arc was a story to let shipwright join Straw Hats.
Franky joining them and Straw Hats saying goodbye to Going Merry in the finale were the only events I determined to draw before the arc started.
First of all, I intended to throw my audience into confusion. I drew Franky so that many audience would hate him. I made many shipwrights appear.

After drawing various characters, I wondered, "Whom should I make a villain?"
OK. Let's draw this weird guy with pigeon as a villain! Yeah, he is Rob Lucci!!
Manga serialization is a wonderland. Move forward where you now consider interesting!!

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229&page=46&p=3806667&viewfull=1#post3806667

Looks like Oda did just threw Paulie in to fuck with readers.

LotusHD

Banned
I know double post, but new Oda interview:

Oda: Rob Lucci had many highlight scenes, you know. To tell you the truth, Water 7 arc was a story to let shipwright join Straw Hats.
Franky joining them and Straw Hats saying goodbye to Going Merry in the finale were the only events I determined to draw before the arc started.
First of all, I intended to throw my audience into confusion. I drew Franky so that many audience would hate him. I made many shipwrights appear.

After drawing various characters, I wondered, "Whom should I make a villain?"
OK. Let's draw this weird guy with pigeon as a villain! Yeah, he is Rob Lucci!!
Manga serialization is a wonderland. Move forward where you now consider interesting!!

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229&page=46&p=3806667&viewfull=1#post3806667

Looks like Oda did just threw Paulie in to fuck with readers.

As we all expected lol

RomanceDawn

I would thought Rob Lucci would be planned way before.

It kind of makes sense when you think about it. He doesn't say or do much in the way of character development. He is just a big mean muscle guy.

Now that isn't to say that I wasn't entertained by him because I was and I love Lucci.

Morlas

You guys don't get it, the reason Franky joined isn't because he did shit, it's because he was far too SUPER to not join.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm reading Water 7 right now and the telegraphing is so good. Paulie has a couple of ticks that could be seen as those of a new strawhat, he's got those rope powers, he's got a nice design...Meanwhile Franky is this weird masked villain.

Top Bottom