• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Oh god that OP... memories.

Reposting my recent post from the last thread since that one is old and stinky now

Mine finally loaded. It looks absolutely glorious in 4k with HDR. It's got me tempted to buy it come launch, though I know it's a game I will ultimately suck and and drop far too early to actually make a solid dent in the content. I think the last Gran Turismo I put serious time into was GT3 and I only made it to A rank that time.

Salarians

EV46M3P.png

shades of Alex

Mr. F

Banned
It's a good if not great horror comedy with some cheese.

Reanimator was great. Just got back from it and this actually summed it up perfectly, haha.

Herbert West was really well played and it ended up going places I wasn't expecting, both on the horror and comedy end (the body sneaking into the morgue was amazing). Also every hypnosis scene had the crowd dying. It was a really fun time.

I finished Danganronpa V3 and well, it was ok I guess. The ending was telegraphed from miles away and not surprising in the least. Most of the game felt really stale actually. The biggest takeaway I have from the whole thing is that they probably shouldn't make another one.

Best era of Gamespot, best thread theme.

Just started the DOS2 QL, annnd I think Rorie's got the totally wrong idea on what DOS2 is offering. It's not that you can't do everything, it's that you can do anything. It's not an either-or like Mass Effect or the Witcher, where you're locking off other paths, but moreso that all paths are open to you at all times, should you have the ability to walk them.

Like, you know how, in Skyrim, one of its selling points was that you can kill any NPC and thanks to the Radiant AI system it won't change anything? Well, Divinity: Original Sin 1 (and, to a much greater extent, 2) solved that and will let you kill practically anyone and pay the price (or reap the rewards) of such an action, without breaking the game. It can be pretty janky but it works.

Maybe they clear that up later but it's been bugging me more than the "DOS2 is on consoles" info (which is wrong; it's PC only currently).

That. THAT defines DOS better than anything. EVERYONE LEARN TELEPORTING.

I like how after complaining that lootboxes were everywhere in games, there are now a dozen different lootbox threads on the first two pages of GAF.

Life truly imitates art.

I really liked the second episode of this horror run.
The first one was kind of boring at some point because of the repetitive nature of P.T.

Looking forward for what's coming next. I think it's the first time i'm starting to dig the "let's play" madness. Well this and Shenmue Endurance Run i still need to finish.

I really liked the second episode of this horror run.
The first one was kind of boring at some point because of the repetitive nature of P.T.

Looking forward for what's coming next. I think it's the first time i'm starting to dig the "let's play" madness. Well this and Shenmue Endurance Run i still need to finish.

I hope it's silent hill

he says knowing it'll never be silent hill and living in a dream where giant bomb plays through silent hill

awesome OP

today i played stardew valley switch on and off for like 12 fucking hours. haven't done that in a long time. jesus christ. this game is straight cocaine. and it's the second time i've played it lol

BTA

I finished Danganronpa V3 and well, it was ok I guess. The ending was telegraphed from miles away and not surprising in the least. Most of the game felt really stale actually. The biggest takeaway I have from the whole thing is that they probably shouldn't make another one.

I'm at the start of the last trial and will probably finish tomorrow. I have some (I think solid?) guesses for what the twist's gonna be but even ignoring that I don't think they should make another. It's just too limiting at this point and you can only play off the prior games so far. I've enjoyed V3 but they're reaching the limit of what they can do.

I want the dev team to just actually start over from scratch and make an actually new mystery series. There's gotta be some cool things they can do when freed from these themes, gameplay, and chapter structure. Just do something outright cool and weird without it having to all be hidden by twists.

Joeku

I might be nuts but I feel like Shattered Memories is doable in like 2 hours.

Or at least I've done a playthrough that long.

daveo42

Banned
UPF - Featuring:
Jeff "I'm on drugs" Gerstmann
Brad "grillz" Shoemaker
Ben "Daggering" Pack
with Jason "Lacking" Oestreicher

Cool thread.

I don't know what the status of other GB Android apps is, but Video Bomb just got a cool update that adds support for live streams and two-way progress syncing between the app and the site itself. I've been waiting for the latter!

Oh man this Pachinko episode of SMS is such a comedy of errors. Two of them trying to figure out how to make a bet while the other two are misunderstanding a mechanic.

valeo

Listening to Dept New Business with Gita. This is actually fucking hilarious. Ben is always really funny on these.

Plus hire Gita please.

Oakinn

New thread! Nice job DM. Playing the switch on an airplane is just the best. In related news I'm going to stuff my face all day at Epcot.

Lari

Yikes, I gave in to the hype and bought a Super Nintendo Classic yesterday.
It's not officially out in brazil yet, I should be getting it within 14 days.

All I have right now is a paper saying I own it, rad.

daveo42

Banned
I wonder if upbeat Jeff was a result of finding a producer

I would have assumed Jason would have been more excited as well, but he wasn't on camera all the much outside of his LACK shelving sequence. Very real possibility tho. Or he got into Rorie's energy drink concoction stache. Or drugs.

BTA

New thread! Nice job DM. Playing the switch on an airplane is just the best. In related news I'm going to stuff my face all day at Epcot.

I still find it funny that they advertised tabletop mode for planes. You'd need to turn wireless back on to play that way...

also I'm jealous

repeater

Cool thread.

I don't know what the status of other GB Android apps is, but Video Bomb just got a cool update that adds support for live streams and two-way progress syncing between the app and the site itself. I've been waiting for the latter!
Thanks for the heads-up, that is literally everything I've dreamt of (well, GB app-wise). Livestreams through a portable, Chromecast-compatible platform will be so useful (assuming that the streaming works well technically).

Do the thing where you drink an alcoholic beverage at every nation. I forget if that has a name. Pour one out for Maelstrom while you're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom