• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
That is a good point. Dan said he likes songs about drinking, fighting, and kissing ladies, but that song is about a man at a bar who makes no mention of drinking, is trying to avoid a fight, and makes sure to point out that he didn't kiss any ladies.

Dan is very complicated.

I've always envisioned the protagonist of Gimme Three Steps being Jimmy Hart.

daveo42

Banned
Jeff is Giant Bomb. Without him, it might as well be Nap Time featuring Brad Shoemaker, followed by Body Horror Hour with Dan Ryckert.

I read this wrong while scrolling by.

2537625-vinnygoofin.gif

Voras

As for the top 10, It's not bad but I still feel that Overwatch is too high on the list. I did agree with Jeff's arguments for the top two, tho I don't think one should have been disqualified from the top spot over lackluster MP when the SP campaign was absolutely perfect. The lack of fighting over the bottom three was kind of disappointing, mainly because Dan stopped fighting for placement once he got the #10 spot he had been crying for the hour prior.

Overwatch being as high as it was made sense for how much love there was for it from Alex, Dan, Jason and Vinny. The only other game on the list that had that kind of support that wasn't already above Overwatch was The Witness but that still ended up at #4 so only one spot below.

And Dan getting Stardew Valley on the list at all was a gift considering that he was the only person on staff who liked the game AND several of the other guys played it and actively did not like it. I'm pretty sure Drew said at one point a few weeks ago that he hated playing it. So #10 seems pretty fair. Hyper Light Drifter also had more support than Thumper so the order of those 3 seems like it makes sense.

Still chugging through Final Fantasy 8.

Tell me I am not the only person who absolutely hated the Laguna flash backs? The music is amazing but since the party levels are based off Zell and Selphie (two people I hate using) I am always under leveled for them

Megasoum

Banned
Btw Jeff is totally right... The Fallout 4 iOS Pip-Boy app is great. So much better than having to navigate the terrible in-game ui.

Chuck

Still without luck
It's kind of funny when I think back and how I listened to the Screened podcast for 2 years, including a solo rorie cast at some point, enjoyed the hell out of it, but jesus of loving christ, I cannot stand the man talking incorrectly about video games.

Meneses

Still chugging through Final Fantasy 8.

Tell me I am not the only person who absolutely hated the Laguna flash backs? The music is amazing but since the party levels are based off Zell and Selphie (two people I hate using) I am always under leveled for them

I'm with you. Flashbacks always broke the rhythm for me.

I also don't really like the color palette for those sections, a lot of "cold" colors there.

daveo42

Banned
Rorie permanent replacement for Dan on the Bombcast?

Do they even have the space? They currently operate out of a matchbox.

Fjolle

Didn't Vinny also talk about needing a fifth microphone in the studio in the last (real) Beastcast?

So I had taken a hiatus from playing Hitman after beating Bangkok once but has 20 mastery on the first three levels. I'm getting back into it but haven't started Colorado yet. Likewise I hadn't bothered to watch the Quick Looks for Colorado or Japan, until today. But man, watching Brad sometimes is painful. It reminds me a lot of the early Project BEAST Kerbal episodes. I think it also hurts playing on the PS4 since they rely so heavily on thrown object lock-on and talk about how bad shooting is. I've been playing Escalations and the special challenges (Christmas, Sniper, etc) in the early locations and I'll regularly just run around clearing rooms by popping guys in the head with a pistol.

Rainmaker

Banned
see, brad is bad at games and not good but he says it's because he is on the stream and it's hard to entertain and be good. we like to bring it up every once in awhile but not too much. we love to laugh

Brad's good when he plays at home though.

I haven't watched any of his Extra Life stream, is it actually better? It's especially rough when you compare him playing with like Dave Lang. They really need to get him to San Fran for a show and have him teach a Hitman 101 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom