• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what jrpg are you playing right now ?

Final Fantasy XII international. Even though I played through a good chunk of the vanilla version already, I don't remember much of it because it was during a really depressing and tumultuous part of my life. So after all of these years, playing it now makes me feel like I'm playing a brand new game, and it's been an amazing game so far (12 hours in).

I just started Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It's neat so far. Hopefully it stays good - the reviews weren't so hot.

either you're in just the first few hours of the game or you're a masochist.

adixon

Grandia 1 here... missed the ps1 generation and got back into games at the end of the ps2 gen, so I've played all the others except the first. There's definitely something great about the story, has more of a Lunar feeling to it than the others.

Vic Ireland said it was in the works, so you can rest assured that it's never happening.

looool...

:/

Seda

Star Ocean 4 is a decent game if you literally skip every single cutscene. The battle system is pretty fun (although it does become a bit of a skill spammer by late game), there's a fair about of exploration and sidequests to do, you even get story summaries after skipping scenes so you're not totally lost with what you are supposed to be doing.

Katsuragi

I'm not playing one at the moment, but I really want to go back to Radiant Historia. Having just finished my Super Luigi Galaxy playthrough, I think it's time for a RPG again. :)

Fou-Lu

I think I might also start up Xenoblade and TitS again, never finished either because the time I was playing both ended up being incredibly stressful for me leading to a long break from video games.

WX3

Ni no Kuni
A beautiful beautiful game.

After I finish it, Persona 4 Golden is next.

Same for me. I bought Ni No Kuni at launch and didn't get too far into it. After recently finishing Metro Last Light, it's time to change things up a bit and this is just the right flavor.

Ravage

ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch_Playstation3_cover.jpg

Anyone else playing it? Amazing.

*Raise hand*

Got my insane backlog to thank for that :/
Balancing this and (platinum-ing) Atelier Ayesha at the moment.

John Blade

mah nigga. that game is awesome as fuuark.

the customization. the mechs. that arena sidequest. that bonus dungeon.

shietttt.

It's a fun game (even though it's kinda by the book RPG game). I just beat Tohai boss fight and continue with the game as of now.

Akainu

On and off but Grand Knights History. I have no clue what's going on but it pretty and pretty fun. I got my ass kicked a couple of times and pulled through some fights by the skin of my teeth but I'm enjoying it.

jimi_dini

I think you would be happy to know that Xenoblade is doable for 100% completion in one run. :) I imagine Tales of Graces (I wouldn't know but knowing Tales...) required more than one playthrough for everything.

Nah, I platinum'd Tales of Graces f in 1 playthrough :)

For Xenoblade there is no Platinum, so oh well. Although I tried my best to do all sidequests for that game as well.

LowerLevel

FFXII. Was still chugging through P4, but the wife is buying me a Vita with her latest bonus for a belated BDay present, so... I guess I might as well stop for now and get ready to start over.

Ken

None at the moment but I want to start Resonance of Fate (and try to actually get past the first boss this time).

Daingurse

None and it feels good man. I'll probably return to Persona 4 Golden this summer and actually beat the thing properly (got a bad ending, saved over my data, I'm a fucking idiot). Was playing through Xenoblade on dolphin but I don't see myself coming back to that anytime soon. I need to find time and beat Valkyria Chronicles. It's been so long, I'll have to start over, not finishing it is one of my greatest gaming sins. . .

Teknoman

I've been playing Soul Hackers. I still need to have a serious playthrough rather than playing in small increments, but I'm enjoying the game a lot.

You and me both. Story isnt as strong as others under the SMT umbrella, but the universe is pretty interesting.

Month ago FF8 and I realized that this game has not aged well.

Its not bad, but compared to other FFs...yeah I dont see myself replaying multiple times.

Grief.exe

Pokemon HeartGold for my commute.

Haven't played Silver/Gold since they first came out.

Its really interesting to see how things have changed and what has stayed the same.

533px-Violet_City_HGSS.png

Violet_City_GS.png

vall03

Soul Hackers - currently in the 3rd Vision Quest on NG+
Raidou 1- just started Chapter 4. Haven't played for a while since I can't use the tv

I REALLY want to play DQVIII, but I dont have a PS2.
and I also REALLY want to play Ni No Kuni, but I dont have my PS3 with me.

I'm nearing the end of Romancing SaGa 2 ... I think. I was never able to find Noel, but I was told this is the final battle so ... hopefully.

I don't know how to feel about this game. On the one hand, I do sort of enjoy it. On the other, I might enjoy it more if the game didn't seem to be permanently scaled to have enemies be vastly more powerful than you at all times. I've managed to play it through a lot of save reset abuse ... Which is only tolerable because of the fast loading and soft reset feature. Still, why balance the difficulty this way in combination with LP?

Next up will be a replay of Grandia that I've attempted twice (didn't stick with it half way through) and Final Fantasy VII international (Japanese for the first time). I find myself wanting to replay a lot of old games while at the same time I have a bunch of new games I want to get ... and a Vita. I would give up on the latter idea if it weren't for Falcom's Trails series.

Does anyone know if the Yuusha no Kuse ni 1 or 2 and 3D titles for the PSP are essentially the same thing, the latter with more features? This is the "What did I do to deserve this Badman?" series.

BasilZero

Tales of Symphonia (GCN)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition (PC) - Can this be called a jRPG?

Just recently finished Terranigma for SNES.

KarmaCow

Soul Hackers, though I've been "playing" it for a week now by having it in my 3DS while in sleep mode while I do other things.

-Stranger-

Tales of Vesperia (About 13 hours clocked)
Tales of Graces F (Just started, 1 hr clocked)
Persona 3: FES (About 25hrs clocked)

Top Bottom