• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 leaked?

Found it, watched it (a chunk of it) It's legitimate.

It's fucking crazy that this shit gets leaked so early.

Go dark people, flood gates will open soon.

neoism

"pwned"

in 2012?

KuGsj.gif

no better than salt

iBuzz7S

Banned
Don't be so pathetic, they're well labeled and you don't have to click them.
He wasn't being pathetic. I had the image(s) embedded and it was visible to anyone scrolling down up/down the page. After someone else commented about spoilers, I removed the images and left the links instead.

so are there any campaign vids anybody can link for me to watch? of like an early level or two?
A few have been uploaded, public and private. Just a matter of searching.

onken

He wasn't being pathetic. I had the image(s) embedded and it was visible to anyone scrolling down up/down the page. After someone else commented about spoilers, I removed the images and left the links instead.

Oh ok, my bad.

Oh frack,. I just found a livestream of the campaign being played lol. 700 viewers.

So yeah leak is def legit campaign and all.

iBuzz7S

Banned
Oh ok, my bad.
It's all good. Just didn't want the guy looking like an a-hole after I made the edit. :p

If anyone wants videos, search 'Halo 4' on YouTube and filter by upload date. I just watched the beginning of the first mission.

Yes, every Halo since 2 was leaked/sold a month before release.

I dont recall Reach being leaked that early....could be wrong. Really the only one I remember being incredibly early was obviously 2, and now this is pretty early almost a month. But I dont say I really keep careful track.

Leaks are inevitable, especially when it comes to Halo, but I wish this had happened 1-2 weeks later, like the 20th or 27th. then it wouldn't have been too bad as there would be not long to have to "go dark" for.

Dug

Banned
I dont recall Reach being leaked that early....could be wrong. Really the only one I remember being incredibly early was obviously 2, and now this is pretty early almost a month. But I dont say I really keep careful track.
Joystiq posted an article about Halo Reach leaking on August 20th and Reach came out September 14th. Not a month, but still...

iBuzz7S

Banned
Both discs are leaked. People are actually dumb enough to go online and try playing team slayer, then saying "YOLO" as if they dodged a bullet and made off with a million dollars.

Owensboro

The comments on the YouTube videos are pretty great at the moment. There are a lot of people calling the posters assholes for leaking and posting them. I find it funny they still watched the video.

One of the pirates claims he got it from a local video game store, because "they sell everything once they receive it." I have a hard time believing Microsoft has already shipped the game to stores.

One of the pirates claims he got it from a local video game store, because "they sell everything once they receive it." I have a hard time believing Microsoft has already shipped the game to stores.

You shouldn't be surprised. usually how it works.

Wouldn't be surprised if the bigger retailers like best buy and gamestop already have their stock in their stock rooms.

I konw for a fact that best buy get's their stuff a week or two or more in advance depending on when the game goes gold.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I don't care about Halo so I'll watch all these spoiler videos just to take a peek at technology they use.

Desty

Banned
Wow, the cinematics are great. So much attention to the eyes. 343 hit it out of the park. It is crazy that this stuff is leaking soo early, but I will buy it anyway.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

I worked at gamecrazy when halo 2 came out and we got it 3 weeks before it come out.

iBuzz7S

Banned
So much wrong with that article. Can't even comment there, so I will post it here instead.

So much wrong with this article.

"Check out screenshots from the Gamer that stole Halo 4." - what evidence is there to support this outrageous claim? Other than him playing Halo 4 online, there is none. For all you know, a game store employee stole a copy and put it on the shelf, where this person bought it from. Does it make him a thief because he was completely unaware?

Let's not forget Microsoft reversing bans in the past for being wrong. But let's point and laugh at Microsoft for once again, having their flagship, baby, leader of Xbox, out in the wild with minimal security. Then again, you can expect the worst from cheap labour.

absolutely legit. personally, i think its awesome that it got leaked really early.

i would have watched more, but this guy (imo) sucks so much and dies way too often. supposedly he is playing on easy mode as well? who knows.

Jonsoncao

Banned
absolutely legit. personally, i think its awesome that it got leaked really early.

i would have watched more, but this guy (imo) sucks so much and dies way too often. supposedly he is playing on easy mode as well? who knows.

Indeed on easy, he is just impatient.

The graphics are insane, music average, some sandboxes should play absolutely great in legendary.

Ken

Zero situational awareness. Painful to watch somebody play this bad on easy.

Stream pirates usually are pretty terrible at games. I remember watching an early stream of BLOPS and the guy couldn't figure out where to go when he had a waypoint that told him where to go.

J10

Banned
True, but the shitty field of view and helmet outlines don't help.

No. Having radar contacts at three o'clock and enemy fire flying by on screen from your right, yet you're still looking at twelve. There's no excuse for that.

Lakitu

st5fu
So is he towards the end of the game? If so, I may not watch it. I just wanted to see some general gameplay stuff in campaign. I just want to know if there are big levels like The Ark / The Covenant because nothing I've seen so far indicates so.

BLAZER

Visually this is the greatest halo of all time.

The environments are some of the best ever in video games history.

Kibbles

Those videos sound better and look smoother than recent videos I've seen, looks and sounds amazing.
Whoever recorded those did it right.

Top Bottom