• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 : "number of developers joining has increased from 126 to 505" since Feb 2013

Yep, due to indie policies there will be some really special stuff released for PS4. It's going to be the home for all the best indie games.

UFRA

lol I find it funny how there's like 4 threads now, each using the same link, but picking out different pieces of information to spotlight.

Someone just make a damn thread that says "Official PS4 specifications, box contents, and other shit that's cool to know"

newjeruse

The best moment of Sony's show was their DRM announcement. But following closely behind was having all the indie developers playing their games up on stage. Great moment for independent games, great moment for Sony, great moment for Adam Boyes.

Iacobellis

greatness-awaits.png

ReaperXL7

Indies-galore! But seriously, I also hope there are many Japanese developers within the 505.

Yoshida said to be excited for TGS, so its very possible you will get your wish :)

Im excited to see some next gen japanese action myself, so I cant wait to see whats instore.

AB12

I can't wait for TGS. Please Japanese developers. Make this console like PS2 with a lots of JRPG!

I wish for this to happen, but that ship has sailed, handhelds are what the market likes, and games being cheaper to develop, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

MilesVor

Banned
Uh guys... before you soil your panties...
Some developers like Platinum have already made remarks about these announcements.

It doesn't mean 505 studios are actually making games or planning on making games for the PS4.
It just means that they are open to making games on PS4.
It's a matter of... feelings towards the console, not any actual plans.

And then Nintendo fanboys get blamed for blind, ignorant love.

Kyoufu

You know, I remember even the amazing PS2 had "no games" in the first year, but PS4 looks like it's going to have 100 or so. Support is very strong.

Even the launch should be pretty killer, even if most of it is cross-gen.

njean777

You know, I remember even the amazing PS2 had "no games" in the first year, but PS4 looks like it's going to have 100 or so. Support is very strong.

Even the launch should be pretty killer, even if most of it is cross-gen.

That is why I love indie games, always gives you something to play while you wait for the AAA games.

BibiMaghoo

That already happened, you have to pay for ps4 online multiplayer through ps+.

I would say that was expected and irritating, rather than disastrous. Sony trying to win a crowd that happily paid for online play for over half a decade. It was never going to pan out any other way sadly.

Top Bottom