• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

bjscott05

I hate that double XP doesn't start on Friday. I hope we get a double XP weekend next week too, with Second Assault finally coming out.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
How much will Second Assault be for non-Premium PS4?

Google says 15 bucks.....I may actually buy DLC.....

Yeah, all the expansion packs are 15 dollars each. Premium is $50 so you get to save $25-ish dollars if you're planning on buying 'em all anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How much will Second Assault be for non-Premium PS4?

Google says 15 bucks.....I may actually buy DLC.....

Just buy Premium. You'd save yourself like... $15-30 from buying all the DLC.

Just throw China Rising in even if you got it for free. That pre-order bonus is totally pointless. They should just give all the map packs out for pre-orders, but they wouldn't get us suckers pre-orders/die-hards to buy Premium then...

What does Premium include again?

I should just google before I post :p

So all the expansions with early access + battlepacks + more stuff in player appreciation month + double XP weekends?

I guess thats a good deal

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
What does Premium include again?

All the expansions with two weeks early access is the main draw, plus you get some specialty camos, paints, knives, and dogtags, and occasionally a bonus double xp event.

Oh, yeh, you got it.

Omni

I really can't wait until Second Assault.

Wish it had come out sooner, though. I've been on holidays from university for over three months and I go back on the damn day it is released. Baaaaaah

terrible

Banned
When I click on someone's name on a battle report I no longer get the option to view their profile. Simple little things like that are so annoying. Why did they remove that option?

terrible

Banned
Click on their avatar instead.

Thanks, you're a lifesaver. I'm always curious how good someone is after playing matches and it's been annoying me having to manually search them up. I still liked the old way a lot better but this will do.

hahaha. For mines I was running towards a broken fence on Floodzone. Funny thing is a squad member died the same way a few minutes later.

I died running through a broken fence on Floodzone once. I no longer run through broken fences on Floodzone.

Milennia

In February, we’re also re-introducing the fan favorite feature Platoons in its first iteration. In this added social layer, you can team up with your friends to create your own social space and accumulate stats together. We’re also working on other feature additions that you’ve been asking for – stay tuned for more.

it says nothing of the sort, unless im missing something here.

all we know on the subject is that they like what they have done and have gone on record multiple times saying its not something they are looking to change.

team up with your friends implies adding them to your platoon.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Had a couple of great matches, no lag whatsoever.
Crushed fools with mah Tank and my Attack Boat.

Shadybiz

Oh yeah, Platoon is definitely not the same thing as a party system. I would be very pleasantly surprised if they added that in, for sure, but I just don't think it's going to happen. Best we can hope for is for them to put it in BF5.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Definitely still broken, massive lag and jumping around today, and a black screen hang again. PS4

edit: and a complete crash to system menu

Just bought Premium. Feels very satisfiying to open 15 or so battlepacks at once. Not that I give a crap about what's inside tough :)

Can't wait for tuesday.

Yeah, think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and do it.

Got my first adaptive paint yesterday. I thought they were going to be specialty items or something.

One of the very first things I got was Spray Adaptive. Not Premium either. You just had bad luck. :(

Trying to play a bit more of this lately. It's funny, I first read about the Saiga in probably 2007 and thought it was such a cool idea. Now I get to shoot virtual dudes with it. What a world eh?

Now if only they had the S&W Governor as a handgun...

mitchman

Gold Member
it says nothing of the sort, unless im missing something here.

all we know on the subject is that they like what they have done and have gone on record multiple times saying its not something they are looking to change.

team up with your friends implies adding them to your platoon.

Yes, as long as you can do it outside the squads in-game, isn't what the same? Squad up before you start playing, right?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I bought a ps4 about a week ago or so and my only retail game is Battlefield. It's been a long-ass time since I've played an online shooter but I put hundreds of hours into 1942 and I am loving this so much I've already pulled the trigger on Premium.

Man, this shit is crazy town. I had a building collapse on top of me last night. A whole building! Then I got a hanging light with a grenade or some shit and it was swinging around all awesome-like. Between that and all these crazy levelutions it was a real eye opener about what next gen can really be!

What's especially awesome is that my brother is heavy into this, too, so we got to squad up and make fools of ourselves together. We haven't done that since the original Gears of War.

Yeah, it's soft crashed a few times but I'll be damned if this hasn't been a great experience. I've put my Psn id in the Battlefield spreadsheet and sent out some random friend requests.

Milennia

Yes, as long as you can do it outside the squads in-game, isn't what the same? Squad up before you start playing, right?

A platoon is a clan group, it's just a collective of stats, nothing to do with squad up.
You still need the same method for joining games.

TheSeks

Is it possible to rent a server on PS4? Cuz i would be down to get one.

Not yet(?).

Anyway: Sniper Rifle ribbon isn't showing up for the GOL requirement. I guess for "Second Assault not owned (yet" reasons. DICE-y, PLZ. I shouldn't have to do 6 sniper kills again just when the map pack drops so I can camp on Caspian and Firestorm's towers for hours to get 5 kills. SMH. :/

Paganmoon

Out of curiosity, are there any servers that have map-rotation, but have removed dawnbreaker, paracel storm and operation locker?

TheSeks

Out of curiosity, are there any servers that have map-rotation, but have removed dawnbreaker, paracel storm and operation locker?

x0N9ZO1.png

But highly unlikely. Esp. for Paracel and Locker.

TheSeks

Considering they're the most likely to crash players (on PC since last patch), I'd imagine more would be inclined to remove them from rotation, but maybe not.

Nope. Paracel is fan-favorite. Locker is used until Metro 2.0 hits.

I haven't seen Dawnbreaker played often, but it's in rotations.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I just realized that I have never seen a single China Rising map on PS4 quick match rotation since I bought the dlc. What gives?

TheSeks

Bwhaha, I need to use server browser to get to play the expansion? DICE really could bother just putting the maps to rotation?

If consoles are like PC: CR: Conquest and CR:Air Superiority or whatever is there. But really, quick-match sucks. Stop using it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Stop using quick match altogether, it's horrible.

Well I blame it on growing up with Halo and CoD, but I have no mental model for how I am supposed to benefit of using a server browser.

So I gave it a go, ticked Official, East US and Normal (Europe had all poor connections even though I'm UK). Picked a server from the list that was playing China Rising and had a slot or two open. Everyone seemed pretty high level (100+, I'm 22). Still got a few decent games. Small map domination is actually super fun.

However I am not entirely sure if I appreciate how this experience is preferable to simply adding the DLC maps to Quick Match rotation, or what makes it horrible.

Kak.efes

Direct hit cruise missile strikes from the bomber are pretty hilarious. I just tracked a tank as he was rumbling along a barren road and blew him the fuck up. Probably had no idea what hit him, well, .. until the kill cam showed him. Finished it off by killing their AA with JDAMS.

I'm terrible at this game, I feel like I'm half the player I was in BF3.

Direct hit cruise missile strikes from the bomber are pretty hilarious. I just tracked a tank as he was rumbling along a barren road and blew him the fuck up. Probably had no idea what hit him, well, .. until the kill cam showed him. Finished it off by killing their AA with JDAMS.

I'm terrible at this game, I feel like I'm half the player I was in BF3.

It's so weird how ineffective the cruise missile is against infantry.

Top Bottom