• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

Planeswalker

Neo Member
Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls English version review came out to a few people, and some people have already uploaded a lot of the story.

So far, I'm liking this a lot. What's good is that it seems most of the story scenes are actually dubbed (though I'd say that's because the script is shorter, so it doesn't necessarily mean the budget for the dubs have increased). So far, all spin off games have mostly full English dub.

What I like about Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls is that the plot and characters are more serious.

In terms of story, I like the original PS3 version the most because (IMO) it has the best written version of Neptune. Besides that, the world building is the best in PS3 Neptunia 1 (the blogs are actually lengthy and add a lot, there are actually interactions with the NPCs that give you quests, etc).

Neptune takes things more seriously in the PS3 version of Neptunia 1.

Neptune's character traits are much less exaggerated and more balanced in general in the PS3 version. Noire was a bit more threatening and planned things out a bit better than her Re; Birth 1 counterpart (in the PS3 version, Noire gets Neptune by taking on the same quest as Neptune, while in Re;Birth 1, she just found out about her after Basilicom NPCs tell her). PS3 Neptunia 1 had a lot of small things that added a lot to the story (like Noire getting Neptune by taking on the same quest was a small thing that added a lot, since it makes it seem the characters actually plan things out rather than just plot convenience that happens).

Here's the scene (also Neptune actually admires Noire when she first sees her, and after the fight Neptune actually is afraid she might have done something wrong when before she lost her memory). The humor is more subtle (still there and can be funny), the characters take themselves and the plot more seriously, etc. The NPCs actually (despite not having portrait) have more background story (Singe's motives is more explored than Re;Birth 1).

Finally, most of the dialogue in PS3 Neptunia 1 actually matters. It either adds to the story and/or explores a character's personality properly. The characters are more proactive in terms of the dialogue (they discuss their plans, they discuss motives, etc) and that makes the dialogue always interesting to listen to.

The gameplay is really bad in PS3 Neptunia 1 but most of the story is personally my favorite in PS3 Neptunia 1 (though I do like the true ending in Re;Birth 1, and Blanc and Vert are probably portrayed better in that game as well compared to the PS3 version).

The problem I had with Victory (for example) is that it felt like there was a lot of silly and pointless moments (where it feels like the characters aren't really taking things seriously).

Neptune's laziness is significantly exaggerated in Victory and beyond.

I like Megadimension VII's story better than Victory but the problem I had was that outside of some moments, I felt the story was a bit too typical for a JRPG and anime as well.

I enjoyed it and enjoy the characters but I felt like the story (a lot of it) focused too much on specific character traits and that was it.
For examples: Uzume's story being a bit too crazy. For the Gold Third, things like K-Sha being a yandere. B-Sha having to conquer her fears, etc. In terms of main characters, them just being nice and friendly to save the day was basically the plot. I do like the CPU candidates actually get to be important in that game though.

In terms of plot,
the characters weren't really in control much in Megadimension VII (they are just reacting to stuff that happens to them and that's basically it).

I enjoy the characters but the story wasn't that great IMO.

Mk2 and Re;Birth 2's problems for me was that it was basically the same plot as the first games except worse

First game was Neptune teams up with IF and Compa to try to get the other CPUs to join and help save the world.

Second game is Nepgear teams up with IF and Compa to try to get the other CPU candidates to join and help save the world "except" this time the reasons for the CPU candidates not joining are really contrived and really drawn out. In Neptunia 1, it made sense why they CPU would take a while to join. In Mk2 and Re;Birth 2, the reasons were silly "plus" even when the other CPU Candidates started to get along with Nepgear, they didn't join until later. In fact, it took many fetch quests and before you were basically done with the game's plot before the CPU candidates actually joined.

The CPU candidates should have joined earlier in the game like during the fetch quest portions "plus" they should have actually made the plot focus on them rather than it happening on the side.

I'd say the anime and even Re;Birth 1 did the CPU candidates better than Mk2 and Re;Birth 2.

Anyway, I'd actually say PS3 Hyperdimension was one of the more story developed Japanese games I've ever played. It was mostly grounded, a lot of things are subtle, character traits aren't too exaggerated, and the plot was more restrained and less "plot convenient" (that is, less random items that can magically save the day or random powers or characters that can solve the problem when needed at the last minute, etc).

And the point of me mentioning PS3 Neptunia 1 (though I'd say it's worth it to discuss in any Neptunia topic) is that Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls actually feels like it re-captured that great balance of seriousness and humor that PS3 Neptunia 1 had.

Few things about Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls:

1. The characters are actually proactive and not just reactive characters. There's problems, there's conflicts, and it feels like the characters are actually getting things done by planning things out in advance, making the plot happen rather the plot happen to them, etc.

2. The characters actually seem competent and take the story (the conflict in the story) seriously. And there's no pointless conflict and pointless drama that keeps the plot from advancing (it doesn't feel like there is any filler dialogue or pointless contrived reasons to prevent the plot from ending too quickly).

3. The humor flows well with the story. The problem I have with Victory is that elements of humor actually disrupted the plot (like the characters acting silly when they shouldn't).

The problems I have with Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls though are that the story is kind of short and there aren't really that many characters in the story. Also, I'd say that certain aspects feel like they get advanced too quickly.

It's really too bad Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls is just a spinoff. I am enjoying the story and enjoying Segami / Hatsumi Sega (also English Segami does a really good job) so much. I really want Segami to be in the main games as well.

It's also good that the spin offs (possibly due to the side effect of having less dialogue and less cutscenes compared to the main games though) are all mostly fully dubbed in English. Re;Birth 1 was probably the worse because that game had the least filler dialogue which meant a few important scenes weren't voiced at all (like the
Neptune and Noire moments during the middle to end of the first Lastation arc
). Megadimension Neptunia VII is kind of bad but they did a good job on making sure at least the important stuff is voiced.

I think they experimented with Re; Birth 2 with more English dub budget (Re; Birth 2 had at least 2x as much voiced English dialogue compared to any other game, besides PS3 Neptunia 1 which also had a similar amount).

Idea Factory are taking Fairy Fencer F more seriously (both the game and the remake are nearly fully voiced; the remake actually re-voiced all the scenes that was already voiced in the original game too since they changed the script a bit) in terms of the English budget.

Personally, I like the style (and script) of English voices better. For example, I think English Segami is an example of a character that I'd say I enjoy more in English than in Japanese.

In any Japanese game or anime, if they are dubbing I think it is a bad idea to attempt to replicate the original Japanese VAs. What matters is making sure a character has a voice that simply works and makes sense for the story.

English Segami is different. She sounds much less enthusiastic and cheerful in the English version "however", she also seems more serious and at times mysterious.

In either case though, the story works for either English or Japanese but I think English (not following the Japanese too closely but doing their own thing) adds a new way to experience the character.

Gradon

I enjoyed reading that, I do agree that I heavily enjoyed Nep 1's story and world building. The only thing was the atrocious gameplay which hurt it badly. First and foremost though when going into MK2 I hated that they abandoned it all for an inferior Hyperdimension. I do still enjoy them all though.

Oh I was totally weirded out by their voice direction changes for Neptune and such in Mk2 as well. I still need to get Fairy Fencer F for PS4, it's still quite expensive though.

I'm really excited for Superdinension, got that LE pre ordered and will binge play it like I do every Nep.

SilverManson

Neo Member
I keep hoping the Re;Birth games and these latest spin offs will be ported to PS4 but it doesn't seem likely at the moment sadly.

I finally watched Sega Hard Girls at the weekend. Unsurprisingly, the combination of gaming nostalgia, humour and cute girls won me over completely, so hype++ for Superdimension. Saturn'll be in my party for as long as the story permits it.

RK128

I haven't really posted in this community thread, so sorry for not being active here :(. I enjoy the Neptuina series a great deal thanks to Sir Tap Tap recommending me Rebirth and Rebirth 2 early last year :).

I recently got a review copy of Neptune vs. SEGA Hard Girls and published my personal thoughts and opinions on the first two hours of the game. I really enjoyed my time with the game so far and I hope to release my review either this Friday or coming weekend.

It is a very fun game that takes elements I enjoyed from past Rebirth games but adds in some mechanics (platforming and higher interaction with the dungeon maps, the revamped battle system) that make it feel really fresh & interesting. Looking forward to sharing my full thoughts on the title closer to release :).

kotodama

I finally watched Sega Hard Girls at the weekend. Unsurprisingly, the combination of gaming nostalgia, humour and cute girls won me over completely, so hype++ for Superdimension. Saturn'll be in my party for as long as the story permits it.

Completely forgot that it was a series by itself. I've got to give that a watch one of these days soon. In Superdimension, I started out with a party made up of IF, Segami, Neptune, and Plutia, but ended up with Saturn taking over Neptune's spot for the majority of the game.

Completely forgot that it was a series by itself. I've got to give that a watch one of these days soon. In Superdimension, I started out with a party made up of IF, Segami, Neptune, and Plutia, but ended up with Saturn taking over Neptune's spot for the majority of the game.
If you're a Sega fan and've played the games that feature in the episodes, you should have a blast with it (I did).

Out of curiousity, what're the roles of the SeHa girls in combat? I'm assuming Dreamcast is a close range physical attacker, and IIRC I saw footage of Segami with a bludgeon type weapon so she's probably the same, but what about Saturn/Mega Drive/Game Gear?

kotodama

If you're a Sega fan and've played the games that feature in the episodes, you should have a blast with it (I did).

Out of curiousity, what're the roles of the SeHa girls in combat? I'm assuming Dreamcast is a close range physical attacker, and IIRC I saw footage of Segami with a bludgeon type weapon so she's probably the same, but what about Saturn/Mega Drive/Game Gear?

Just need to get that 32x and my 3 layer Sega Genesis is complete.

Anyways, seriously didn't bother to use any of the other SeHa girls. Well not entirely true. Segami has the power to change into any other SeHa girl, so went that route for kicks. Segami, Dreamcast are indeed mainly Physical attackers. Saturn and Mega Drive are Magic based and well Game Gear like punches things, but imparts status ailments.

Planeswalker

Neo Member
Doing a follow up on my part of my previous post about potential localization changes.

Anyway, I think since HDN Re;Birth 1 recently included the original Japanese text and interface, they should do the same for all games.

The problem I have with dual audio is that most games that feature it do not feature the original text but instead the English subs is based on the English dub. However, that also means whatever localization changes is made is also limited and has to take into account potential subs for the Japanese version.

Honestly, I really like the localization changes but people may not like reading subs that are vastly different from the original.

I'll point out a few things about English and Japanese though:

1. English and Japanese cannot be translated to 1:1 in nuances. For example, there is no equivalent to the word "anata" (あなた) which roughly means "you" in English at all. Japanese usually omit second-person pronouns. When a character uses anata at all, there's absolutely no 1 to 1 equivalent in English.

The closest thing to anata (あなた) in English is saying replacing you with "boy" or "girl". If used on friendly terms, it is closer to "dude". However, all those are informal while anata (あなた) can be formal. In any case, there's no complete equivalent to anata (あなた) in English.

And the reason I mention anata is that it's just an example of a single word in Japanese. In fact, the majority of Japanese words cannot be translated to English at all without any discrepancies in the nuances.

2. Continuing from the first point, there is two ways to solve this. There are two types of translations / localizations. A core translation which is more literal. In any case, just don't worry too much about nuances such as anata or any other Japanese words. If it doesn't matter too much in the story, a core translation can work but you're omitting all the nuances which may or may not be important.

A thorough translation can work but it needs to work more in the greater scheme of things. This can work best if the nuances actually matter but at the same time it's harder to pull off.

In either case, this is why I usually argue that the localization team should be able to do whatever they want as long as the story makes sense, the plot is basically the same, the characters are still the same characters (they can have difference personalities as long as their characters are still the same in the story), etc. There's no way to translate 1 to 1 without discrepancies especially if you take into account how phrases or nuances are sometimes used differently and also interpreted differently between languages.

For example, lots of people complained about Valkyria Chronicles translations. It's fine for English and the characters are the same, the story makes sense, etc. It doesn't really match with the Japanese "but" in this case, they clearly went for thorough translations. Certain phrases said in Japanese have certain nuances and connotations that are not equivalent in English. For the most part, I think Valkyria Chronicles was completely fine.

In most cases, I say a core translation works but I say localization should be allowed more flexibility. In return, I think they should always in any dual audio cases, just release both versions of the text.

Besides that, I also mentioned how I like (not really spoilers since this is seen right away in both of the first minutes with Segami in Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls) English Segami is different compared to Japanese Segami in mannerisms. In personality, they are different but they are basically the same character and function the exact same way in the story.

I like multiple interpretations of characters and story. However, many people do complain that sometimes, they are not the same characters anymore. Some people complain that if the dub script is changed significantly, it will affect the sub version of the Japanese as well, etc.

I'd say they should include the original Japanese text and just do whatever with the English version to do what they think works best in English. Anyway, the reason why I am posting this is because I've been thinking of which types of translations of Neptunia I like the most. Honestly, I like it when localization changes things.

For all games actually, they should just include the original Japanese text if they are already including dual audio, and in return they should allow more flexibility in the localization. Anyway, this is just something random I wanted to post to be able to reference back for later not just for the Neptunia games but in reference to any localization discussions in general.

kotodama

I think there was some discussion about this a couple of pages back, but yup agree with you there. They seriously need to program these games with multiple language support in mind from the beginning, so it'd be easier to swap in text and audio. Still programmatically it seems that English has always taken the back seat since these have been made primarily for the Japanese market.

On the PC side there are of course patches for the Re;Birth games to make the English more closer to the 'correct' Japanese, which I find a boring and pointless exercise. Spanish and Russian patches are cool though. The more interesting one is were they keep the Japanese audio and add back in the Japanese text. So you can run the English executable when you want English and the Japanese executable when you want Japanese.

As for point 2, I would contend maybe that there is a third translation option, somewhere in between. I guess that would be the flexibility that you speak of. I think a lot of the general text could just be 'core' translated in a pretty much 1:1 fashion. With the 'thorough' translation being saved, mainly in the Neptunia series case, to the very meme heavy bits.

In the end everything is interpretation. The argument can be made that you can't translate English to English 1:1. In all seriousness, I was asked by a native English speaker the other day what "yet" means.

Sorry for the bump but Bundlestars have the Hyperdimension games and spinoffs on sale again and i'm tempted again but spoilt for choice as there's so many games in this series.

Any recommendations from this lot? Hyper on Bundlestars. Thanks in advance!

ezodagrom

Sorry for the bump but Bundlestars have the Hyperdimension games and spinoffs on sale again and i'm tempted again but spoilt for choice as there's so many games in this series.

Any recommendations from this lot? Hyper on Bundlestars. Thanks in advance!
I'd start with the main games for now and leave the spin-offs for another time if you end up enjoying the series.

The main games are Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1, 2, 3 and Megadimension Neptunia VII.

Gameplay wise there's not much difference between the Re;Birth games, because they're actually remakes of the 3 original games using the 3rd game as the base (Hyperdimension Neptunia V, seen some people assuming the games haven't evolved based on the Re;Birth titles, but that's only because they all use the 3rd game as the base, so the gameplay improvements that happened through the originals are not apparent).
Megadimension Neptunia VII is the 4th main entry.

The spin-offs, Hyperdimension Neptunia U and MegaTagmension are action RPGs and Hyperdevotion Noire is a strategy RPG, I'd say they're worth a check after playing the main games if you like the series.

Thanks, i actually have the original Hyperdimension Neptunia release with the playing cards but as i didn't buy a PS3 i've never played it. I think i'll dive in this time though.

ezodagrom

Thanks, i actually have the original Hyperdimension Neptunia release with the playing cards but as i didn't buy a PS3 i've never played it. I think i'll dive in this time though.
A few extra things I should mention, the main games (Re;Birth) are turn based RPGs, gameplay wise they're nothing amazing but I don't find them bad either, though there's some annoying difficulty spikes in the first game.

Story wise, if you like a story that doesn't take itself seriously with alot of randomess and 4th wall breaking moments, you'll enjoy these games.
Note that the first game is set in a different dimension than the following games, there's no continuity between the 1st and 2nd games, though the 2nd game is the starting point for the following ones (even though there's only a few references from the 2nd game in the 3rd anyway).

These games have different endings also, which have different requirements, so keep that in mind if you're aiming for the true endings (could even use different save files to check each of the endings).
Without trying to spoil anything story wise but putting this in spoiler tags just in case, just mentioning how many endings each game has and if they affect the games content wise.
Re;Birth1 has 2 endings, normal and true ending, can even achieve the requirements for the true ending right before the final boss.
Re;Birth2 has several endings but in my opinion only 2 of them are really worth checking, true ending and conquest ending, you'll miss out on content by getting a normal ending or any of its variations iirc.
Re;Birth3 has 3 endings, normal, good and true ending. Good and true endings are worth checking, normal ending leaves out a sizable part of the game.
Haven't played Megadimension VII yet so I can't comment on that.

Awesome, thanks again. I'm just looking for a game that doesn't take itself too seriously and has a bit of fun to it. I've been interested in the franchise for years but haven't done anything about it until now so i'm thinking of going for it.

So, I could go for NepR 2 & 3 at a push as i could treat NepR 1 as a separate game and get it later on without a problem then. Good to know.

ezodagrom

Awesome, thanks again. I'm just looking for a game that doesn't take itself too seriously and has a bit of fun to it. I've been interested in the franchise for years but haven't done anything about it until now so i'm thinking of going for it.

So, I could go for NepR 2 & 3 at a push as i could treat NepR 1 as a separate game and get it later on without a problem then. Good to know.
Yeah, though personally I feel that going through 1 first is better, mostly due to some of the characters interactions in the first game, despite them being different dimensions, a player gets to know some of the characters better by going through the first game before.

I ended up purchasing the Idea Factory Sale Bundle from Humble Bundle instead. I now have:
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1-3 & DLC;
Fairy Fencer F & DLC;
Amnesia

Humble sale runs for another 6 hours or so if anyone is interested.

I'm just pondering getting Noir and MegaDimension from BundleStars but i may wait as i have more than enough to be getting on with for now! 0_o

edit: Quick question. I have some Fairy Fencer F DLC that says it can't be uninstalled and woe is you if you don't want it but is it that bad? The packs are "Surpass your limits" and "Secrets of Shukesoo's Tower" and "Additional Fairies" will they really mess me up or are they optional things i can ignore in-game?

kotodama

edit: Quick question. I have some Fairy Fencer F DLC that says it can't be uninstalled and woe is you if you don't want it but is it that bad? The packs are "Surpass your limits" and "Secrets of Shukesoo's Tower" and "Additional Fairies" will they really mess me up or are they optional things i can ignore in-game?

You should be able to turn it off from the Steam side or I think there is a menu on the main screen or the options menu to turn off certain DLCs. Some of the DLC can make you pretty OP, so it's kind of good to start off without them if possible.

Oh yeah, +1 for Starting out with Re;Birth 1, even though it's a different "Universe" per say.

Thanks, I've seen warnings that turning off some of the DLC could result in crashes etc so i just left it alone for now but there is a menu in-game that you can use to toggle DLC on and off as well as unchecking it on the Steam page if required. I played about an hour last night and enjoyed it even if it is a little obtuse in that i have some items like an RPG Chip that i have no idea what to do with at the moment but i am still pootling around Virtua Forest though so early days still.

As for starting on Re;Birth #1 I figured i have them all so i may as well play them in order or at least see if i enjoy it and drop it if not. Feels good to play a JRPG again after a while away too.

Falk

that puzzling face
So I'm massively LTTP on VII, but this game... is actually good?

There's a sense of place, plot progression and it's got a great (albeit somewhat frontloaded) difficulty curve.

If only Steam sales numbers reflected that, but I guess there was a little bit too much of a deluge of Neptunia games before VII actually hit.

Only niggling complaint I have is that the music is still pretty hit-or-miss, with some really great tracks interspersed with "we took a left turn and ended up in tone deaf galaxy, captain". Great production values, but dear Lord some of these harmonies and random-ass doodlings are physically painful to listen to.

Bought Megatagmension in the flash sale, basically what I expected it to be for the most part, just Neptunia U with more characters lol. Although all of the missions so far are pretty much over in like 30 seconds, are they going to get any more difficult or is this all I have to look forward to for the rest of this game?

SerTapTap

Anyone else importing Cyberdimension? Or are there any threads for it? I haven't really been around here much. Except in Off Topic which I've been using to cheat my "no news" rule. My copy should be here today. I'll try and put together an import guide soon.

So I'm massively LTTP on VII, but this game... is actually good?

There's a sense of place, plot progression and it's got a great (albeit somewhat frontloaded) difficulty curve.

If only Steam sales numbers reflected that, but I guess there was a little bit too much of a deluge of Neptunia games before VII actually hit.

Only niggling complaint I have is that the music is still pretty hit-or-miss, with some really great tracks interspersed with "we took a left turn and ended up in tone deaf galaxy, captain". Great production values, but dear Lord some of these harmonies and random-ass doodlings are physically painful to listen to.

V2 is great--a lot of Steam sales are people who have never played or people who think its' a meme game, or only buy things under $10, which is why Rebirth 1 has so many sales over V2. V2's a great starting point and what I usually recommend people start with now. Reb 1 isn't bad IMO, but they really fucked up the difficutly curve

IMO pretty much all of the music is great, except for some of the dialog music

Bought Megatagmension in the flash sale, basically what I expected it to be for the most part, just Neptunia U with more characters lol. Although all of the missions so far are pretty much over in like 30 seconds, are they going to get any more difficult or is this all I have to look forward to for the rest of this game?

Megatagmension is two games in one. The story mode is an easier but much more story-based and sensible Neptunia U (with pathetically short missions), and the multiplayer stuff (that you can play solo) is the actually hard (often due to giant healthbar syndrome) Monster Hunter style side of the game. Overall it's not bad, but it's not the improvement over Neptunia U that it should have been. It'd be fine if it wasn't a second shot that clearly didn't learn a whole lot.

Extra weird since Tamsoft actually does great games in the same style. Feels like the problem has to be budget. No side game has felt like it had a proper budget.

https://twitter.com/nep_anime/status/832188556277800961

6e3jUfQ.jpg

This is exactly what the world needs.

dawgparty

Well, if anyone had Cyber Dimension let me know so we can play online. The online's not quite what I expected but it's alright. Expecting it'll be more fun when I unlock the level 99 quests because everyone online is level 99.

How is the game? I kinda fell off the Nep train but Cyber Dimension looks like a ton of fun. Really hoping it gets localized...

SerTapTap

How is the game? I kinda fell off the Nep train but Cyber Dimension looks like a ton of fun. Really hoping it gets localized...

It's great. I can't judge the writing obviously, but it serves very well as the "breath of fresh air" it's clearly intended to be. I don't really enjoy (mostly) losing the meta/techy vibe the mainline games have or the musical changes, but there's 0 music re-use for once, combat is completely different (no, it's nothing like Action Unleashed either), setting is different and so on. Combat is really fun and there's good diversity in how all the characters play, though I usually play as my few favorites.

The multiplayer is the one thing that's a bit of a letdown (though I didn't originally realize it even had it). For some reason there's no lobby, so you just immediately lose your party when you finish a quest and have to remake a room. But I had no problem getting (almost entirely level 99) players at 6 AM sunday morning japan time. Seems to have sold very well too, not sure if it's the best launch in neptunia history but it was better than Mega Dimension.

I'll have a more complete import review soon on my site, just beat it last night. I think. I saw the credits twice but there's still higher quest ranks.

If you haven't played a neptunia game in a while, I'd definitely recommend picking up Mega Dimension too. Side games aside (cyber dimension isn't really a side game), the series has always improved by leaps and bounds in gameplay and polish, Mega Dimension is a very solid RPG, fantastic music, good story too especially after Victory was kind of a low point story-wise almost entirely due to Plutia/Iris.

kotodama

... due to Plutia/Iris.

Lies, Good Sir Lies I say.

---

Personally waiting for a Steam release of this. Too many other good games, and back logs to go through. Got through the PS Vita version of Blanc and SeHa Vs Nep and double dipped through the steam release of Blanc, but only left it half way through that. Got stuck with Atlus games, go figure. Would be quite refreshing to go to something more direct and forward afterwards though.

Tapsy, do you just hyper skip through the dialogue? It seems like you get through these games at warp speed.

jonno394

Neptunia VII for £5.99 via Bundlestars. Don't know why I slept for so long on this game seeing as it's one of my favourite series, but i'll finally play it now (well, maybe after Zelda next week)

I'm playing Rebirth3 on my Vita at the moment and I'm quite suprised how the game runs on the handheld. Seems like it's running with an uncapped framerate instead of a 30fps cap on the previous ones. The menu is at 60fps, which is nice. Of course, in the dungeons the framerate is not even close to the that framerate, but it hovers between 20-40, depending on what is visibile on the screen. Dungeons also look more detailed.

I only played the first couple of hourse but it seems like this game got a bit more polish than Rebirth 1 and 2. Which ran totally fine for me, but had some hiccups in certain moments.

ezodagrom

Megadimension Neptunia VII, rather annoying that only now I'm finding out that most cutscenes for DLC characters are broken when carrying characters to NG+. <-<

Gradon

I've been smashing Superdimension Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls recently and I have to really appreciate the localisation effort to change Dreamcast to Blue for the EU release.

I didn't think much of it until I realised she was meant to originally be orange, and I was shocked to find the JP / US version has her Orange. Good on IFI for that!

latest

On the topic of Cyberdimension, I hope they don't region lock the online play like they did with Blanc. I have a feeling they will though.

cpooi

I recently started Re;birth 2 (on steam), and am running into this problem, as detailed in this link, any ways to fix it?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/351710/discussions/0/350542683186359368/

TLDR; dungeon backgrounds are rendering at lower res vs the characters unless using the treasure search, while using hyperresolution neptunia

As the images in that post are dead, I'll provide my own
normal
ocqEAjN.jpg

vs
the split second that treasure search is active
XsKVcy3.jpg

The aliasing is killing me (it looks way worse in motion)
Battles also have low res backgrounds

Anybody can confirm that it isn't just my setup?

Deques

Continuing asking Hyperdimension Nep-Nep 2 questions

I am trying to increase shares for Lowee in order to recruit Blanc. But I have trouble to do so.
There is a colloseum fight that gives 5% shares for Lowee, but the monsters in this fight are way to difficult for me defeat them. The fight is called Conquest Campaign (not the ending), and you have to fight four different xxx_vader monsters. Is there any strategy to defeat them, or do I have to level up more, currently level ~66

There is another quest that gives 7% share for Lowee, and that's to defeat Saint Whale in Gapain Field. I tried to fight it but it one hit kills >.<

nvm, turns out I had to level up 10+ more levels

SerTapTap

I dunno if y'all like Discord, but I got a server and we discuss Neptunia a lot. I'm not around here much anymore but you can always reach me there and plenty of other people to talk about the games with. A few people from here are already in there

I also have a Cyberdimension 4GO guide if you need it. The game is, blissfully, neither confusing, grindy, nor unforgiving enough to really necessitate it's use though. Nothing's missable and you can just play. I'm still updating it though.

Is the co-op in Cyberdimension good enough to pick up a copy for the wife?

It's pretty fun BUT it's not the main story you co op; there's separate missions. Think of it more like a postgame, you'd have to single player the main game.

It's a bit like how Blanc's Game was structured if you played that (not gameplay-wise mind you, but the story is one thing, then you can play the multiplayer)

Top Bottom