• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Knowing this game, the special missions won't last forever, so I've been grinding hardcore at getting Ronan high ranked. Right now I'm getting 1-2 unlimited runs a day and around 10-15 bios. I'd recommend just throwing a low level character on your team when you do to level them up as well.

Which difficulty mission are you running? That's a LOT of Bios compared to what I generally get in a day lol

Good idea on getting other characters leveled up while doing that though. I generally run my best team, but usually only go through 1.5 characters to complete it.

rexor0717

I'm doing level 4 right now. Advanced technique time: When playing Black Widow or any other character with a move that leaps them away, cancel it after the leap into another skill. The leap part of the skill doesn't put it on cooldown, so you can do the leap a second time. Pretty useful for some matchups.

Things are going well at the moment but its definitely taking long to get anything done now.

I leveled up Hulk Buster to 40 and should have enough bios today to get him 3* so that’s great news. Got both skills fully leveled too.
Also have Black Widow at 40 and working my way towards her 4* but 80 bios takes a long time to get. Got her first 2 skills fully leveled but still need to work on her dodge one.
Got Vision to nearly level 39 now and trying to go for his 4*. He is just a beast though, especially his 3rd skill you unlock which is super powerful. Got his skills fully leveled except for his super punch attack but that’s getting there.
Also trying to level up Ghost Rider (33) as I wanted a Universal character but his skills aren’t the best and im thinking of going for Captain Marvel instead.

Have also been trying to focus on the levels, for normal I have managed to 3 star everything up to Chapter 8 level 2/3 and for Elite I am just over Chapter 7.

Getting closer to having my main team all at 40.

Hulkbuster at 39, Hulk at 38, Vision at 37.

Can AFK the harder Dimension Rifts and stuff now too which is nice.

Getting closer to having my main team all at 40.

Hulkbuster at 39, Hulk at 38, Vision at 37.

Can AFK the harder Dimension Rifts and stuff now too which is nice.

My main team is all 40, spiderman, capt Marvel and venom. I'm building up the team of Thor, black panther and black bolt. Love that team.

Got my Hulk Buster up to 3* yesterday which was really nice, his third skill is pretty good and means you can almost rely on skill attacks constantly which is really useful. Just trying to level the skill up now to 40 which i might have today.

Just need to get Vision up another level and my main team will all be 40 (HB,BW and V). I was using Cap before (mid 30's) but his attacks were annoying me as his shield barge attack misses if your too close so i changed to Vision. Also trying to get Winter Soldier leveled up so i have a second speed character to use if i need it.

rexor0717

Got my Hulk Buster up to 3* yesterday which was really nice, his third skill is pretty good and means you can almost rely on skill attacks constantly which is really useful. Just trying to level the skill up now to 40 which i might have today.

Just need to get Vision up another level and my main team will all be 40 (HB,BW and V). I was using Cap before (mid 30's) but his attacks were annoying me as his shield barge attack misses if your too close so i changed to Vision. Also trying to get Winter Soldier leveled up so i have a second speed character to use if i need it.

Winter Soldier has great physical damage output, but between Cap, Black Widow, and him I needed another character with a 3rd damage skill instead of a buff. I think Falcon is a good choice because you get access to all of his elites before you even get WS's second elite.

Winter Soldier has great physical damage output, but between Cap, Black Widow, and him I needed another character with a 3rd damage skill instead of a buff. I think Falcon is a good choice because you get access to all of his elites before you even get WS's second elite.
Hmm thanks for the advice, i must admit his flying attacks must be good since it helps avoid attacks (same with Spiderman from fighting them both).

Might switch over to him and give him a go, see how it plays out.

Could this be played with a controller? Looks like the kind of thing I'd like to have on my Nvidia Shield.

I have a shield tablet and can set up the controller so I can play it with it using the shield controller service. I know mifi controllers work as well.

Roto13

pIhJOBH.png

Took months. Now to never use him.

rexor0717

Those Dimension Rift characters better be worth it because they super hard to get. Is Loki even good? I'd say no just because good luck getting him to level 3, let alone past it.

Roto13

You like your heavy hitters. :p

Unless an update adds some Loki elites or something, I'm never going to raise him to three stars. It's just not happening. I don't care if he's a bit better than most other 2 star characters. (And I have no idea if that's true, I'm just speaking hypothetically.)

EDIT: Not going to bother to bump this for a double post. :p

Raised Space Merle up to 3 stars today. Wondering if I should raise Drax up next or try to get Yondu up to 4 stars. It feels like it would take a long time, but actually, these characters in the Special missions are technically easier to raise than any other characters.

rexor0717

You like your heavy hitters. :p

Unless an update adds some Loki elites or something, I'm never going to raise him to three stars. It's just not happening. I don't care if he's a bit better than most other 2 star characters. (And I have no idea if that's true, I'm just speaking hypothetically.)

EDIT: Not going to bother to bump this for a double post. :p

Raised Space Merle up to 3 stars today. Wondering if I should raise Drax up next or try to get Yondu up to 4 stars. It feels like it would take a long time, but actually, these characters in the Special missions are technically easier to raise than any other characters.
Yeah, once I get Ronan to 4 Stars, I'm probably going for Nebula or Yondu next. It seems like it would be stupid not to take advantage of what is essentially a 4 star character each week.

I've had to pass by a lot of flash sales today for characters I'm running. I already had them at 4 stars and I've decided to try to get as many 4 star characters instead of buying up to 5 stars. I don't know if its the right choice, but it will make villian siege runs a lot easier and give me a lot more viable team choices. The downside is that gold becomes a major choke point, but that just comes with time. Right now I have 6 4 star characters and I'd like to get 10 before I move onto getting 5 stars. So if I see a flash sale for a character that I have at 2/3 stars, those are the ones I'll buy.

I'm using every charge on Ronan. He's awesome, his leadership is awesome, and with the way this is right now he can be my first 6* as long as things don't change.

Roto13

Ronan has an Infinity Stone. Talk about OP.

Got Thor last night. I wish he was a 3 star character by default though. I'd like to use him but I won't unless I end up buying biometrics for him.

My Ally and Enemy Shifters have been really good so far this morning. All characters I don't have or are actively raising. Praise RNGesus.

rexor0717

I'm using every charge on Ronan. He's awesome, his leadership is awesome, and with the way this is right now he can be my first 6* as long as things don't change.
I've been lucky to pull around 20 bios a day on him. Kinda absurd in comparison to other characters.

Damn, sounding like I really need to keep hitting the Guardians (especially Ronan) missions then. I'm still focusing on the Elites just for Bios.

Those 4 energy Elites are hard to pass on every recharge though!

Roto13

I still do the Elites for the characters I'm using, but yeah, I try to do as many GotG runs as possible every day. The ones with those slow forcefields get on my nerves though. Stop making me pay attention, dammit.

I still do the Elites for the characters I'm using, but yeah, I try to do as many GotG runs as possible every day. The ones with those slow forcefields get on my nerves though. Stop making me pay attention, dammit.

Yeah those slowing shields are crazy. Not sure how they thought the concept would be a good idea. Strips through my lower teams for AFK runs too.

Has it been confirmed that this game will never have X-Men/other Fox properties?

They're still infinitely better than lasers. Fuck those lasers for real. Doc Oc would be a fucking chump without them.

I only have about 9 characters that can contribute at the moment to the Villain Sieges, so when Ock is first up, I just cringe.

It wouldn't be too bad if you had a little more warning, but 90% of the time your character is in an attack animation when the laser starts firing and it's basically insta-death. Those things are so fucking cheap.

Roto13

Well, you can see them pop out of the ground before they start to aim. I can deal with the lasers. At least they only show up in Villain Siege, which you can't autobattle anyway.

As Sharon Carter approaches 40, I can't say enough good things about her. She's squishy as heck, but man she just chains specials thanks to her leadership repeatedly keeping enemies in hit stun. I don't even have her at 4 stars yet and I'm surprised at how capable she is for a speed character.

Ultron on the other hand... if it wasn't for his beefy stats and a costume I would kick him off my main team. His attacks suck. His third attack never hits both and often puts him in danger. His beam doesn't track unlike Vision's and doesn't hit as hard as Captain Marvel. I invested in his costume, so he stays on my team.

I think my favorite characters are (for various reasons):

Vision w/ costume (powerhouse, awesome passive, boss killer, evasive, best character in the game imo)
Ronan (best leader ability, love his third attack)
Spider-Man (evasive with the web swing and stuns with web ball, awesome for arena and villain siege)
Captain Marvel (lots of damage output, weak defensively, but good against energy))
Sharon Carter (constant specials, constant hit stun, can't take much of a hit though)
War Machine (awesome specials, hits hard)
Venom (nice tracking on 3rd ability, breaks with his abilities)

rexor0717

I got a 1 star Sharon sitting on almost 2 more stars worth of bios. I may have to start leveling her for my 4th team of characters. I want a few more physical powerhouses to balance out all the energy attackers.

Got my Captain Marvel yesterday, finally. Only need 1 Bio today for Star-Lord as well.

The half-hourly deal last night was 60x Bios for Angela, so I bit on that one and have her to 4 star now, my first 4 star character. She seems really good.

I think so, I believe there's a quote that said they're off limits.

Damn.

Roto13

Got my Captain Marvel yesterday, finally. Only need 1 Bio today for Star-Lord as well.

The half-hourly deal last night was 60x Bios for Angela, so I bit on that one and have her to 4 star now, my first 4 star character. She seems really good.

That's a good thing to buy, since it's basically the only way to raise her to a higher rank. Or to even really get her without a whole bunch of luck.

Mindwipe

I feel like the half hourly specials aren't playing nice with UK time. Is that just me?

Struggling to get much past three stars. I suppose I need to churn more special missions.

Got MODOK to three stars last night though, so he's fun.

Mrcapcom

Anyone have Hulk? I can't wait to get him.

I'm working on getting Hulk Capt Marvel and Spidey seems like its taking forever smh

I have the gems waiting for some type of sale until then ill just keep doing the arena to get what seems like a measly 3 Bio's

I can't get past Villian Siege's 2nd boss either smh

rexor0717

You chose characters that are going to take a while to get anywhere with. Also villian siege is kinda the "late game" mode. You need a lot of high level high rank characters to get anywhere in it.

Roto13

Yeah, Villain Siege is the one thing you need to raise a lot of different characters for. Everything else can be done with just a single team.

I've dumped Ultron from my A team and replaced him with Captain Marvel (Ronan leader, Vision). She has less stats, but my A team is always used manually so her lack of defense in comparison doesn't matter as she's a superior kiter and her skills at 4* are just better. She misses skills less, her beam is better, her spirit bomb is great for trash, and I prefer the charge to the stomp. She's also better in Arena. I wish I didn't buy his costume...

Anyone have Hulk? I can't wait to get him.

I'm working on getting Hulk Capt Marvel and Spidey seems like its taking forever smh

I have the gems waiting for some type of sale until then ill just keep doing the arena to get what seems like a measly 3 Bio's

I can't get past Villian Siege's 2nd boss either smh

I have a 4 star Hulk at 39. Coincidentally he's very similar to Hulkbuster, but all physical and a good leader ability (+5% physical attack per level). He would be a lot better if his clap caused stun (why doesn't it?!). His attacks all flinch, but its so short that most of the time he's tanking damage while cycling through the skills against bosses or you run around a lot. I don't think he's bad, but he's not as good as the top tier combat characters like Venom. He kind of proves that in this game stats mean less than skill animations and properties.

Roto13

I only just now raised Iron Man to 3 stars.

That Unibeam windup is awesome, ha ha

EDIT: 675 Chaos Tokens from Villain Siege today, oomph

rexor0717

I only just now raised Iron Man to 3 stars.

That Unibeam windup is awesome, ha ha

EDIT: 675 Chaos Tokens from Villain Siege today, oomph

Yeah, its a nice touch.

I'm stuck at level 7 on Villain Siege. If I can get get a few more of my 4 stars to 40 I might be able to beat it in the next few weeks.

Roto13

So that's it for the Dimension Rift heroes. I found 10 biometrics for Destroyer on sale for 150 gems today so I went for them. Then I only needed 5 more so I focused on the dimension rifts. The nice thing is, he's 3 stars by default, so even though I'll probably never upgrade him, at least he's good for Villain Siege.

So that's it for the Dimension Rift heroes. I found 10 biometrics for Destroyer on sale for 150 gems today so I went for them. Then I only needed 5 more so I focused on the dimension rifts. The nice thing is, he's 3 stars by default, so even though I'll probably never upgrade him, at least he's good for Villain Siege.

Wow.

He's one of the 6 heroes I have left to unlock and I only have 9/40. Going to be a long haul to get ol' Destroyer.

Roto13

Wow.

He's one of the 6 heroes I have left to unlock and I only have 9/40. Going to be a long haul to get ol' Destroyer.

I've been making sure to do this Dimension Rifts (as well as those of other rift-only characters) at least once whenever the pop up for months now. :p Foresight!

rexor0717

I've been making sure to do this Dimension Rifts (as well as those of other rift-only characters) at least once whenever the pop up for months now. :p Foresight!

I see them, then see for a decent chance to get a single bio I have to drop 20 energy. No thanks, lol.

I've only been playing a month, but yeah, like rexor says, that 16/17/18 energy or whatever feels better spent doing the Guardians stuff, or Elites for me at the moment while I try to get more 3 star heroes.

Roto13

I usually go for Level 3 for 16 stamina. It drops a biometric more often than not. You need to do dimension rifts to get fragments to improve your equipment anyway.

Cold blooded.

Used all of my levelled characters. Destroyer down to 1%.

He had 5 health. 5 out of 53715. FML haha..

EDIT: And now he respawns with ~500 odd. Oh well, I'll get you tomorrow, you lucky bastard.

Top Bottom