• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

I just watched the 3 movies and loved them.

However the third movie was kinda fucked up.
Like some End Of Evangelion shit.

The third was good but I miss the more normal stuff of the other movies with them just fighting human armies.

I never saw the old tv series (I dont like watching old dated shows) or read the manga (im not into manga either) but I hope they make more movies.

I read this manga MANY freaking years ago, and decided to watch the movies.

Now I'm hooked and I'm going to read it all over again, I got to the part when he got the armor years ago, I hope to get past that point this time around.

God dammit Miura finish the damn manga.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Loved the third movie, but the first two were highly flawed. They compressed a lot of content into those two movies, and it just didn't feel right, especially not after watching the brilliant series. Hoping they make a fourth movie and give the characters enough time.

Yeah...
I know the manga is supposed to be great but I just never liked manga or comics.
And old dated series I just can't watch.

If you liked the first two more then you are really missing out by not watching the series.
Its only fucked up for the last 3 or 4? the rest is straight medieval warfare stuff.

Arkanius

Last time I read Berserk they arrived on an island after a small boat travel and it was full of monsters. They were on their way to Elf Island.

How many chapters was that ago?

Tacitus_

Last time I read Berserk they arrived on an island after a small boat travel and it was full of monsters. They were on their way to Elf Island.

How many chapters was that ago?

Can't remember off hand but they have just finished with the island.

I read this manga MANY freaking years ago, and decided to watch the movies.

Now I'm hooked and I'm going to read it all over again, I got to the part when he got the armor years ago, I hope to get past that point this time around.

God dammit Miura finish the damn manga.

Odds are overwhelming that none of us will ever see a proper end to the series.

Imm0rt4l

I just watched the 3 movies and loved them.

However the third movie was kinda fucked up.
Like some End Of Evangelion shit.

The third was good but I miss the more normal stuff of the other movies with them just fighting human armies.

I never saw the old tv series (I dont like watching old dated shows) or read the manga (im not into manga either) but I hope they make more movies.

I think the old animated show is still worth a watch. It has some pretty funny outtakes as well, but to each his own.

Ambitious

Are you kidding me?
Are we talking about the same island? They found a child there, and it seemed mostly empty, but the villagers were all monsters or something

I'm almost certain it was 4-5 years ago!

Ah, that island. They arrived in chapter 311 (the current one is 333). The volume with that chapter was released in September 2011 in the US.

Yonafunu

Are you kidding me?
Are we talking about the same island? They found a child there, and it seemed mostly empty, but the villagers were all monsters or something

I'm almost certain it was 4-5 years ago!

I think you are underestimating Miura's ability to not make any progress. This is serious business!

cyborg009

Banned
The chains are broken again

DDrHoTb.png

Jarate

Banned
The chains are broken again
Miuras line strokes are a thing to behold

Anywho, is this a new miniseries hes working on.

I welcome him working on new stuff, the past few chapters if Berserk really show that Miura doesnt really know what to do with the story at this stage, and him working on. Ew stuff might revitalize him

A Russian Boxer fighting against an American boxer it looks like. Coulld be really good

cyborg009

Banned
Miuras line strokes are a thing to behold

Anywho, is this a new miniseries hes working on.

I welcome him working on new stuff, the past few chapters if Berserk really show that Miura doesnt really know what to do with the story at this stage, and him working on. Ew stuff might revitalize him

A Russian Boxer fighting against an American boxer it looks like. Coulld be really good

I think he said once he has the series all plan out. But he's taking forever to actually do something.

jut420

Neo Member
Idk if it's been mentioned but Golden Age Arc III blu ray is up for preorder on Amazon. Says the release date is April 15.

JJD

Lol if anyone ever had doubts about Miura being a huge pervert Gigantomakhia chapter 2 will take these doubts away! Haha!

He still is one of the best manga authors ever. Such a cool side project! I can't get mad at him for neglecting Berserk for awhile for this.

Yonafunu

Oh my lord, this is why fan fiction should exist. Someone should just recreate Berserk in a Disney fashion.

A Disney park based on Berserk. Imagine the wonders.

That would be the worst, most depressing park ever. Can you imagine what the Eclipse-ride would be like?

LaneDS

Finally got around to watching the second and third movies. Minus some gripes I have with the animation looking janky at times, I really enjoyed them. I'm not sure how enjoyable they'd be for those that aren't familiar with the manga or the television series (poster at the top of this page seemed to enjoy them without prior knowledge, which is cool) but I came away pleased with how they handled most of the key moments. Even ended up liking the music after being disappointed that Hirasawa was only doing the theme song, as there were some nice pieces and a good variety throughout all three films. Wouldn't complain to get more of his work should they animate more of the series.

It'll be very unfortunate if they now cease making movies of the post-Eclipse stuff in addition to the already unfortunate pace the manga is moving at (is it even moving? Is that even a pace? Ugh.) I'd like to believe they'll announce more soon, but that's more baseless hope than anything else.

I'm still waiting on the first few volumes which I ordered in November from Rightstuf. I have 11-37 waiting, taunting.

Nibel

Guys, the thirst is real: I'm at a point where I daily google 'Berserk' just to find some stuff. Currently I'm looking through deviantArt sites and while some of the stuff is rather.. interesting.. there still is some good work among them

I think it's settled man; Berserk is my favorite manga now, sorry One Piece

Bonfireside Chat, a podcast dedicated to discussing the Souls games, discussed The Black Swordsman and The Golden Age arcs on their latest episode.

That was a cool podcast; are there any more worthwhile Berserk discussions to listen to?

cyborg009

Banned
Guys, the thirst is real: I'm at a point where I daily google 'Berserk' just to find some stuff. Currently I'm looking through deviantArt sites and while some of the stuff is rather.. interesting.. there still is some good work among them

That was a cool podcast; are there any more worthwhile Berserk discussions to listen to?

SkullKnight forums has a podcast.

Also if your thirst for more berserk is too intense go check out his other works. Like the recent Gigantomakhia and king of wolves.

sega4ever

berserk has been the best manga for over 20 years.

What. One Piece is a very generic series churned out on a weekly conveyor belt and it shows. Please read way more manga.

One Piece is the most consistently good long running manga around by far

Any chance Berserk had to be the best has been ruined by Miura's disinterest

TheWraith

One Piece is the most consistently good long running manga around by far

Any chance Berserk had to be the best has been ruined by Miura's disinterest

Well tastes differ I guess, I find One Piece to be very generic and heavily borrows every Shonen manga clichee done before imho. Not really comparable to masterpieces like Berserk, Akira, Blade of the Immortal, 20th Century Boys etc,...

Top Bottom