• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Tom Penny

This all they are going see all playoffs. I can't think of one game against a good team were Al Horford did a god damn thing. The diminishing returns on that contract down the line is going to be astounding.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Celts really screwed the pooch tonight. Horford as always disappeared in an important game and IT was garbage down the stretch.

That second half was fucking ugly, but Jaylen and Smart playing this well is very encouraging. Danny standing pat at the deadline shows he's aware it's not happening this year and that's not bad.

Toronto played their asses out though.

Brandson

Raptors played some tough defense to close out that game. I hadn't seen any of Tucker on the Suns before. If this game is any indication, he is a really competitive determined player. I can see Toronto liking him a lot.

Tom Penny

Raptors played some tough defense to close out that game. I hadn't seen any of Tucker on the Suns before. If this game is any indication, he is a really competitive determined player. I can see Toronto liking him a lot.

They specifically got him to try to check Lebron in tight games cuz Carroll ain't shit.

Mory Dunz

CP3 is actually a really good defender.

I think he's getting to that age where he takes more plays off than on, but still has really good hands, so if the ball is there, he'll take it. And good at coming over on help defense. But a fast pg coming at him...
that's just imo

Just got back from my first NBA game in probably 15 years. It was pretty fun. Timberwolves looked prettt good and KAT and Wiggins were both pretty impressive.

Bought a Wiggins shirt cuz why not. I have no idea when i will get to another game. Probably not this season.

Only thing I really had issue with were some of the blatant acting by players. Two that stood out were Timberwolves players. Rubio and Jones. It completely took me out of the game both times they faked getting hit by Mavericks players.

Aside from that though it was pretty fun. What are the Timberwolves really missing to compete with the top of the league? I honestly dont know and would like to learn a bit more.

Hey Corran Horn, how do you feel about the Kings trading away Boogie for Hield when Seth Curry was on the Kings roster last year and he just scored 31 pts off of 17 shots tonight for 76% shooting.

Toronto loves a gritty, defence-oriented guy more than anything.

DeRozan, Wall, and Beal, but ESPECIALLY DeRozan is too good at using his size against the Celtics. He's a nasty match-up for their defense.

Also, one positive from the Noel deal is that Richaun Holmes will get consistent minutes, and based off of what we've seen so far, he's actually a great back-up big

I think the Rockets will be the toughest opponent for the Dubs for sure. One of the best shooting teams we've seen in years.

He's obviously not their best player, but I actually think Ryan Anderson was a sneaky great pickup for Houston. When Houston won in Oakland in December or whenever it was one thing that hurt the Dubs is Ryan Anderson pulling Draymond away from the hoop and help defense. And it's not even like right at the 3 point line, Ryno's willing to launch a few feet behind the line lol. It's really tough to defend.

Anderson can score 9 points all game and still be the most useful shooter on the team, just because of how much he stretches the floor

Just got back from my first NBA game in probably 15 years. It was pretty fun. Timberwolves looked prettt good and KAT and Wiggins were both pretty impressive.

Bought a Wiggins shirt cuz why not. I have no idea when i will get to another game. Probably not this season.

Only thing I really had issue with were some of the blatant acting by players. Two that stood out were Timberwolves players. Rubio and Jones. It completely took me out of the game both times they faked getting hit by Mavericks players.

Aside from that though it was pretty fun. What are the Timberwolves really missing to compete with the top of the league? I honestly dont know and would like to learn a bit more.

DEPTH. To an extent, experience with their coach's scheme for the young players. Outside shooting too, Rubio lets defenses sag and double on one of their star players

To be fair though, they scored a lot on Dirk who is a 38 year old who started at center tonight with Barnes starting at the 4.

Mavs always get killed by bigs with that shitty small lineup.

If Embiid doesn't play enough games from now on, Saric is probably ROTY

Eastern semis, between 2 out of 3 of the Wizards, Raptors, and Celtics, is gonna be fun.

This Celtics team is rivals with the other 2
Raptors - Wizards has the 2015 series in its history

Omri Casspi (who is out for a few weeks with a broken thumb, but will be back before the playoffs), just got waived by the Pelicans, who are signed Reggie Williams as a guard.

SF/PF that CAN shoot 3s. We only have Dekker to play to backup both Ariza and Anderson, barring our 3 guard bench lineup of Beverley-Gordon-Lou. Would be a great pick-up for us. We have more cap space than what his previous contract (signed 2 years ago) was giving him.

Morey do it.

Were you able to listen to Thibs yell the entire game?

Wolves mostly miss 3-4 decent nba players to their rotation and a point guard who can shoot a basketball ball. Their 2nd unit is atrocious which makes the lineups they throw during the game to be completely unbalanced.

They have what most teams are looking for though. Franchise players like Kat, or borderline ones like Wiggins and even Lavine might become a fantastic wing player. And Kat or Wiggins are 21 (well Wiggins is 22 since a few days ago). People forget this. They are really young. They are both younger than Anthony Davis or Gianni or Embiid for instance. They will get much better.

I still think people are a bit dismissive of Seth, despite the mavs losing terribly due to a god awful front court.

Seth looked really, really, good tonight and has shown vast improvements lately.

Seth Curry is actually starting to become my favorite mav tbh.

Top Bottom