• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Oh, btw, they have The 100 POPs now.

I don't have a problem :')

S9qx11O.png

THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS GONNA MISS OUT ON THAT LEXA CHASE ONE OKAY DON'T FUCKING JUDGE ME

Well, it's only episode 2 and they've already gone straight to Crazytown.

So the whole "let's go shut down the reactors" that could've been really cool has now turned into, "let's just prepare for a nuclear wasteland". What do they plan to do for food if all the animals on the planet die? Kill people and throw them in the freezer for food until they get to the magic 100 number? It's like they're just trying to turn Skaikru into Mt. Weather. I don't really like where they're taking this plot because we've already been there before.

Also, fucking Bellamy. Still refusing to make adult decisions. He shouldn't be given any leadership responsibilities.

I think Clarke's mom is about to be in trouble next episode. Have a feeling we're not done with Vengeance Guy yet.

And can we just have a spinoff show with Octavia going on badass adventures?

p.s. Jasper is one of the most insufferable characters I've ever had the misfortune to watch on television.

I really appreciate the pacing in the show. Not a single scene feels like filler.

I guess they haven't revealed how they are really going to save everyone just yet. I hope the show lasts for more seasons, it's a bit schlocky but it owns it.

Dynasty

Damm no, Murphy. Well atleast we got that Octavia scene. Got a feeling they might use parts from the City of Light. Murphy was stuck in a bunker for a bit, that looked safe.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"About 100" Haha, we're about get a BRAND NEW THE 100 next season.

Some questionable decisions in this episode. Although the theme of the episode was that leadership requires the ability to make hard choices and live with them. Jasper is annoying the crap out of me, but he made a good point about Clarke needing to tell the truth and not unilaterally decide how to prepare for the meltdown. And Octavia is putting in work. Guess she'll be King Roan's spymaster/assassin squad. I really like Jaha mentoring Clarke on how to kill people and live with it.

Echo is starting to move up in my power rankings, but Raven is still number one.

I thought the opening to the last episode was pretty effective as well.

aku:jiki

Mannnnnnnnnnnn do I hate "human life is so precious we have to risk the lives of literally everyone to save 20 people" plotlines. They are the actual worst. I'd feel so bad about making that decision that I'd kill myself afterwards, so I get why it's a hard choice, but it's still such a massive no-brainer. No, the 25 are not worth risking the other 500! Not under any circumstances or using any logic whatsoever. Especially not when they're slaves and not actually at very high risk of dying because slaves have value as tools to the grounders. God damn it Bellamy.

Mannnnnnnnnnnn do I hate "human life is so precious we have to risk the lives of literally everyone to save 20 people" plotlines. They are the actual worst. I'd feel so bad about making that decision that I'd kill myself afterwards, so I get why it's a hard choice, but it's still such a massive no-brainer. No, the 25 are not worth risking the other 500! Not under any circumstances or using any logic whatsoever. Especially not when they're slaves and not actually at very high risk of dying because slaves have value as tools to the grounders. God damn it Bellamy.

On top of that, they attacked an Ice Nation outpost, which puts the whole alliance at risk if word gets back to Roan or Echo. Bellamy is not very good at following orders, or thinking.

T Dollarz

I didn't realize how much I missed this show until it's back. It's in a lot of ways superior to the superhero shows in terms of being a "junk food" fix. Sexier characters, more badassery on screen, more brutal, more risks, oftentimes more ridiculousness. I know exactly what it is, and I love it for that.

Edit:
Raven is my Numéro uno and Clarke is a close second, fuck with me.

kirblar

After S3 derailed I'm very happy to have Sophie's Choice: The Series back.

I'm digging the Echo character so far. She's got quite the presence. Hoping they don't kill her off early. Rohan is looking pretty baller with that bone crown.

LOL at Jasper. I hope they take his descent to the extreme and someone has to put him out of his misery before he ruins everything. I found Clarke's annoyance with him super entertaining.

Ack this show goes by way too fast and I just want more.

Octavia MVP.

Also lot at there only being space for a 100.

I am now willing to preemptively bet by the end of the season, everything goes to shit and the show ends with a 100 teenage dolts wake up from some form of cryogenics to a brand new world and a recording of Clarke's voice telling them how they all fucked up and they are the last of humanity. They are... The 100.

Octavia MVP.

Also lot at there only being space for a 100.

I am now willing to preemptively bet by the end of the season, everything goes to shit and the show ends with a 100 teenage dolts wake up from some form of cryogenics to a brand new world and a recording of Clarke's voice telling them how they all fucked up and they are the last of humanity. They are... The 100.

I would take that bet but I don't like losing

Joni

I feel it would have been more interesting if the plan worked out, but that it is just clear that it won't work out and that he sacrificed them for nothing.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Bellamy made a bad call. I get not wanting to leave your people behind, but why not take the reactor and then track down the slavers later? Yeah, they're being moved. But even the grounders wouldn't be able to cover the tracks of a bunch of weakened slaves shuffling through the snow.

Clarke and Raven called him out on it though, so I think the show is alluding to the fact that his judgment is compromised. He's overcompensating for being a piece of garbage in Season 3

Bellamy is the worst, why do they keep putting him in charge of things? We're here to save 500 people ya'll but wait, they have 25 of our people including Riley! We have to save Riley and destroy the thing we're here for that could help save the 500 people at home! For Riley! We love Riley! It's cool, we still got six months yo!

Indeed. She sure gave that guy an earful.

Heh heh heh

Been on board with this show since day 1 but starting to lose interest. Got bored of the grounder politics and I've never bought the whole Octavia is now a grounder thing. She spent like what, a few months going out with one and now she is the equivalent of an elite super awesome grounder?

Was looking forward to a change in narrative with the nuclear reactors but their solution seems to be just stay there and bunker up. Not sure I would be so positive about going back to living in a space station for the foreseeable future.

Murphy is probably my favourite character now and he was absent this episode so maybe that contributed to my feeling

Bellamy made a bad call. I get not wanting to leave your people behind, but why not take the reactor and then track down the slavers later? Yeah, they're being moved. But even the grounders wouldn't be able to cover the tracks of a bunch of weakened slaves shuffling through the snow.

Clarke and Raven called him out on it though, so I think the show is alluding to the fact that his judgment is compromised. He's overcompensating for being a piece of garbage in Season 3

I mean, he's pretty much as bad as Pike was, complicit with the mass murder of about 500 grounders, killed more than Finn did, so the writers are trying to give him some sort of bullshit sophies choice wax philosophical redemption arc.

I guess because they didn't show him mowing down all those grounders like they showed Finn the audience forgets.

But IMO Bellamy should be PTSDing all over the place. Lots of people hate Jasper but let's be real his emotional trauma/attitude seems to run in line with what one would expect.

People didn´t like Season 3? I thought it was okay, not as great as Season 2, but fine.

Thought this was a good episode, mostly how it showed that everything Clarke hated about Jaha and what he did, she ended up doing similar or worse and she finally realized it.

Also, about them shifting the focus to riding out the radiation, Clarke did mention it is their plan B, they didn´t give up on finding a solution to save everyone, I guess they will shift back to it later. (Knowing this show, they probably won´t figure one out and everybody else dies a horrible death, yikes)

Why is Jasper still a thing?

Bellamy needs a full-time minder that makes all his decisions for him. It's shocking he can even dress himself every morning.

I liked McGowan in Shameless and Black Sails but the Roan character is bad, Polis is bad and Grounder politics beyond basic commander / clan crap is bad.

Octavia the assassin should be fun though.

Grizzlyjin

People didn´t like Season 3? I thought it was okay, not as great as Season 2, but fine.

I liked it. Lexa and Lincoln got done dirty but I enjoyed the majority of the season. Especially how it shifted midway from the usual political struggles into having to stop Alie. Oh, the revelation of why Alie was trying to take people to the City of Light worked for me too. I thought it was a great setup for this season.

Why is Jasper still a thing?

Bellamy needs a full-time minder that makes all his decisions for him. It's shocking he can even dress himself every morning.

I liked McGowan in Shameless and Black Sails but the Roan character is bad, Polis is bad and Grounder politics beyond basic commander / clan crap is bad.

Octavia the assassin should be fun though.

the more we protest for jaspers death the longer he stays.

zeemumu

I might end up coming back to this out of some weird obligation to finish what I started and because it ended up being next on my show list after Diamond Is Unbreakable.

jasper is such a fucking loser. boo hoo the girl u crushed on for two weeks died. literally everyone has dealt with something heavier and aren't as annoying. monty had to gun down his own mother. these writers needed to pick a stronger reason for his attitude cuz it just comes off as lameeeee

Jasper is like Sasuke from Naruto to me.

They both had some bad shit happen to them, but more people had way worse shit happening to them.

Grizzlyjin

See, I can't tell if how the show treats Jasper is intentional or not. Monty had way darker shit happen to him last season yet he is still a rational human being. Almost every principle character on the show has lost someone of more significance to them recently. So maybe the show is trying to highlight how different personalities deal with death. or Jasper is just a shitty character at this point. Some people step up, others break down. I suspect that his arc is to show the latter, that not everybody can brush this shit off and soldier on. It's so fucking annoying to watch though. Even in this episode I agreed with his point about being honest but the shitty way he goes about it drives me up a wall.

Jasper is like Sasuke from Naruto to me.

They both had some bad shit happen to them, but more people had way worse shit happening to them.

Just to satisfy my weeb brain, who would you say had way worse shit happen to them than Sasuke? Witnessing your entire family slaughtered in front of you and dedicating your entire life to revenge, only to find out the person who did it had no choice and did it to protect you and your whole clan was targeted from the beginning and weren't that innocent to begin with - idk if I'd say anyone had it worse than Sasuke, let alone way worse.

Totally agree on Jasper though.

Just to satisfy my weeb brain, who would you say had way worse shit happen to them than Sasuke? Witnessing your entire family slaughtered in front of you and dedicating your entire life to revenge, only to find out the person who did it had no choice and did it to protect you and your whole clan was targeted from the beginning and weren't that innocent to begin with - idk if I'd say anyone had it worse than Sasuke, let alone way worse.

Totally agree on Jasper though.

Itachi
Obito
Maybe even Kakashi.

(Huge Naruto spoiler)
I still feel bad for Obito. All he wanted was acknowledgment, saw his best friend/love (Rin) getting killed by another best friend (kakashi), killed his own sensei, but more significantly his whole life was controlled by Madara (literally), later came to know Kakashi did not consciously kill Rin and came to know he was just a pawn in madara's plan, and then died saving kakashi.

But I have always hated Sasuke anyways, so I'm biased.

Top Bottom