• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juventus vs Real Madrid

So this is being shown in VR in the UK, right. Is it just phone VR or can I get it running on my PSVR?

And big up Juve. Hope Gigi gets his trophy.
It's being shown in VR via YouTube, so you should be able to watch it on PlayStation VR there using the PS4's YouTube app.

MrS

Banned
Praying for a Real Madrid win to cement Cristiano's legacy even more. I only want to see the boy do well.

bud23

I've supported Madrid since I was a child, and even I have to admit I would not be mad if Buffon finally gets a CL.

lol wtf is this shit, man?

I will be fucking mad if we lose

And the criminal organization that Juventus are deserve nothing, Madrid are the only ones that deserve it, football would be a marginal sport without our greatness, we make life better

HALA MADRID!!

on the other hand i'm actually shocked that half the world is rooting for us juve

we are used to be hated

i don't know if i can handle another loss in a CL final...

The fact you're playing damn good football probably helps. Plus I don't want Zidane to be the first man to retain the CL within his first two seasons as a manager. That's just too much.

I want a Juve win for Buffon and Alves. Madrid press is unbearable all year long, a CL win is too much to bear.

TWELVE EUROPEAN CUPS

Are the other teams even trying? lol

They won 5 in a row in the 50s, brush up on history as to why.

P.S.: What's with the Yankee-centric date? /triggered

Paracelsus

juventus-champions-levou41.png

Ironically all of those that made it to the end were runner-ups. That said, seven years rule (one different italian wins the UCL every seven years since 1989), and if we were to look at how the cup unfolded (Real's is second luckiest run of all time after ACM in 2003) Juventus, assuming no last minute defections, should walk all over Real, which is about the same as 2015-16, a bit more savvy in the midfield but nothing special, while Juventus is extremely stronger on the offensive end while getting even better in defense.

Sadly, Juventus would choke even if it was Juventus vs Juventus in Juventus Stadium, so we'll see. I still think Real has absolutely no say in the matter, even as an 11 times champion. It's more about Juventus suiciding itself and letting them steal the cup (which is what happened in 1998 by the way) than anything else. I also think if they don't win now they will never ever win the cup again for as long as Juventus exists, if they win chances are they could very well go on to match Ajax and Bayern in the 70s over the next two seasons.

Also, not sure why it's Juventus vs Real Madrid, should be Juventus vs Cristiano Ronaldo, considering how Real Madrid has been dependent on his goals this season in the CL.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Also, not sure why it's Juventus vs Real Madrid, should be Juventus vs Cristiano Ronaldo, considering how Real Madrid has been dependent on his goals this season in the CL.

only against bayern and the first game against atletico. he's scored only 2 goals in all other games.

I'm shocked 'every' non Madrid fan want us to lose. Shocked.

Life keeps its course.
Heh, yeah.

Fuck Buffon, he had his chances to get the CL and didn't, we're not a charity team giving away CL opportunities. I love Buffon, but why would I want some other team to win?

Isco has to start this in a diamond formation, with Ronaldo and Benzema as strikers. Casemiro is going to be key, helping out the flanks to help Marcelo and Carvajal.

Modric, Kroos and Ramos need to have the game of their lives, I'm hoping Zidane sets up something special.

Pachimari

Yeah I wouldn't mind that formation with Marcelo and Carvajal running up the flanks, Casemiro and partly Kroos and Modric covering for their respective sides.

Let's beat the hell out of The Old Lady.

Porcile

Wouldn't mind Juve winning just to make those ignorant Premier League dipshit pundits shut the fuck up about how Serie A isn't a quality league anymore. Real becoming the first team to retain the title in the modern would be poetic as well considering their history. I'm a Madrid fan but all things considered, both teams would be worthy winners.

Rooting for Juve!! Two reasons, most important one is because Buffon needs that trophy!! And second, Real beat Bayern... :/

dEvAnGeL

knowing how many football threads have been closed because fans can keep their feelings inside lol, why was this thread created a full week before the match?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
knowing how many football threads have been closed because fans can keep their feelings inside lol, why was this thread created a full week before the match?

most of the fans don't post here anymore. the footie thread is pretty much a wasteland.

Tubie

Get the date right!

This was on the 6th of March?

The date is triggering me.

I missed the champions league final? Fml

P.S.: What's with the Yankee-centric date? /triggered

Damn, didn't know the final was on the sixth of March, what was the result?

lmao

Calm down, it's just a different date format.

How many of the Madrid fans in here are even from Spain? Doesn't seem many.
Footy isn't like American sports that are tied to the hip to geographical proximity for fanning a team

teams are composed of international talent from all over the world.

some follow top players from their home country even if they play in a different country,
many Portuguese people follow Real just because CR7 does well there; just like when he used to be in ManU

some people like the historical organizations of good clubs

some are just bandwagon jumpers and bellweather fans

Top Bottom