• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

TreIII

best artists in the game right now

they're so perf with Toriyama's art style.

it would never happen, but a Chrono Trigger remake by them would be epic, lol

Certainly would. I mean, not that Dragon Quest XI (PS4) doesn't look nice for what it is, but this game pretty much blows it out of the water as far as translating Toriyama's style into 3D so well.

I really hope that Squenix and Horii are taking notes.

cLOUDo

The support's action of Piccolo should be a MEGABlock

piccolo_saves_gohan_by_milo_by_miloeden.jpg

Slaythe

]

Heh, while cool, I can't see that happening because he would take damage. There will be other supports with perfect shields so that'd be weird. Maybe the makkankosapo ? Like the raditz team up, but that's a super so it can't really work as assist I guess.

Seriously.

Trunks' isn't that great either. Go back and watch his transformation in episode 120. It's like high art.

You're right, it's missing some facial animation and hair transitions. That being said, Trunks looks decent, just not as good as anime (unlike Gohan Vegeta cell). It's a bit stiff.

Goku is insulting, notably because of the terrible base model and awful angle they start the roration of the camera with, exposing all of the face's flaws. On top of the stiffness we see with Trunks.

Those animations are the stuff they do very late, for the record, so there's hope they improve the lesser ones.

Nekster

piccolo_saves_gohan_by_milo_by_miloeden.jpg

That would be perfection. Same pose ASW, pls.

About the krillin vs ten discussión. If i recall correctly i think Goku himself says Krillin is the strongest human... but maybe it was in GT.

LordKasual

Banned
PSA to everyone who shits on Krillin

Nappa beats the living shit out of all the Z-fighters at once, gets self-destructed on, lives

Krillin throws Destructo Disc at him = almost fucking DIES

Vegeta fights Goku, gets hit directly with x4 Kaioken Kamehameha, lives

Krillin throws Destructo Disc at Vegeta = Vegeta moves the fuck out of the way

Frieza is combat jesus of the universe, is fucking everyone up with impunity

Krillin throws Destruto Disc at Frieza = HE ACTUALLY ALMOST KILLS FRIEZA HERE

Frieza tries to kill goku, he cant

Frieza's desperation move = HE STEALS KRILLIN'S TECHNIQUE

Goku in a real fighting game has a move where he goes SSJ3 and fires a point-blank Kamehameha at you = Blockable

Krillin in a real fighting game uses Destructo Disc = UNBLOCKABLE

-----

Bullshit that doesn't matter:

"But Krillin's destructo disc got caught by that one guy" = Non canon
"But Krillin hit Perfect Cell in the neck with a destructo disc" = Never happened in the manga
"But SSJ2 Gohan caught 2 Destructo Discs from Perfect Cell!" = You see he didn't TOUCH that shit tho, right??????

Tien uses his ultimate attack on Cell so many times that he almost dies = Cell eats like 30 of dem shits and walks away

shaowebb

Nappa beats the living shit out of all the Z-fighters at once, gets self-destructed on, lives

This. Krillin is a tactician. He doesn't try to prove whose bigger, or tougher, or even the best fighter...he just shows up to match with the equivalent of a pistol in his hand and goes Indiana Jones.

Just look at this shit.
l1cSEqG.gif

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie

Goku in a real fighting game has a move where he goes SSJ3 and fires a point-blank Kamehameha at you = Blockable

-----

"But Krillin hit Perfect Cell in the neck with a destructo disc" = Never happened in the manga
"But SSJ2 Gohan caught 2 Destructo Discs from Perfect Cell!" = You see he didn't TOUCH that shit tho, right??????

Tien uses his ultimate attack on Cell so many times that he almost dies = Cell eats like 30 of dem shits and walks away

...Is Krillin the Goat?

Puruzi

Banned

-----

PREACH

HardRojo

that didn't beat Vegeta, Gohan falling on him as an oozaru is what finally finished Vegeta.

Yep, but Gohan's tail grew out of nowhere lol, that's a little detail I had forgotten.

Piccolo taking off his turban and cape is the best thing you could ask for, shit's mad hype. Piccolo looks his best when he's fighting without those, it's basically "shit just got real" mode.

Nekster

The only thing i'm afraid of about this game is that they repeat the business model of BB / GG with a game relaunch every 6 months with 4-5 new characters. I hate that about the other ASW fighting games.

I would preffer a ton of characters via dlc in just one game.

AESplusF

The only character in Guilty Gear that has an alt skin is Elphelt, and even then the model is very similar; I'd like there to be alt skins in DBF but it's not too likely.

TreIII

The only thing i'm afraid of about this game is that they repeat the business model of BB / GG with a game relaunch every 6 months with 4-5 new characters. I hate that about the other ASW fighting games.

Because Bamco is publishing this title, we likely may not see Arc's usual antics. What they're doing currently with Xenoverse 2 is more along the lines of what I can see, here, where there's season passes to buy, instead.

Slaythe

And Arc finally allows for DLC updates instead of full game release so whatever.

As for alt costumes, it's DBZ.

Closing a jacket and adding a scarf, removing a kanji, changing a belt etc... isn't exactly hard work.

The characters that completely change clothes are gonna be a bitch ( great saiyaman, 17, 18 etc... ). So those probably won't make it in.

And also, Piccolo would never receive a cape alt in this.

Nekster

And Arc finally allows for DLC updates instead of full game release so whatever.

Can you update Chrono Phantasma to Central Fiction via dlc?

Because Bamco is publishing this title, we likely may not see Arc's usual antics. What they're doing currently with Xenoverse 2 is more along the lines of what I can see, here, where there's season passes to buy, instead.

That's a relief.

The only character in Guilty Gear that has an alt skin is Elphelt, and even then the model is very similar; I'd like there to be alt skins in DBF but it's not too likely.

This game isn't trying as hard to replicated 2D though. The models clearly have some depth to them. So alt costumes might not necessarily be off the table

No.

And you probably won't be able to update from Revelator to Xrd 3 either. But who knows.

To be fair, even if it doesn't look like it, that's an entirely new game with different systems, not an update.

Exactly.

I don't think this is in the same boat though. This might even end up being just a one and done thing for this partnership like some of their other licensed titles. No need to be looking that far into the future of new versions and DLC characters before the base game is even finalized

Nekster

To be fair, even if it doesn't look like it, that's an entirely new game with different systems, not an update.

I know, and that's my point. I don't want a "new" DB Fighters Z with new mechanics and characters every year. That's exactly what i don't like about GG / BB. I want one game with support over time. Probably is not going to be the case because Bamco and the dragon ball fanbase and all... but still a litle afraid.

I know, and that's my point. I don't want a "new" DB Fighters Z with new mechanics and characters every year. That's exactly what i don't like about GG / BB. I want one game with support over time. Probably is not going to be the case because Bamco and the dragon ball fanbase and all... but still a litle afraid.

Guilty Gear wasn't ever that guilty (heh) of this. Guilty Gear releases are pretty few and far in between and Xrd has been the title that's received updates over the past 3+ years. Also aside from SFV, Capcom has been just as guilty of this. Blazblue releases pretty frequently though, yeah.

I highly doubt with the work they need to put in with these models we will see a new "Entry". Considering this is marketed to casuals I wouldn't be surprised if most of the updates are mandated to DLC.

Slaythe

This is dumb. Those are two different games.

For blazblue the only thing that should be upgraded are the extend versions, and CF doesn't have an extend version.

You can upgrade the second to last guilty gear into the latest one.

And no you're never getting an upgrade for Xrd 3.

You get upgrades for incremental updates. Sequels that come out 2/3 years later shouldn't be "DLC" lol.

And DBZ is no different. Will get support, possibly a Super DBZ update with DLC option ( possibly free update for systems and balance but characters from season pass ), then 2 years + later a sequel that needs to be bought from scratch.

Quality over quantity.

Arc usually doesn't do that with their licensed games anyways. Hokuto no Ken and Sengoku Basara X were both only one version IIRC(at least one home version, which may have been different from arcade I don't remember)

Persona 4 Arena is the outlier here. and even then that game only went two.

I don't think this is going to be a long term series for them comparable to BB or GG. There might be one more version but again that's a long time from now so it's not worth worrying about.

Asd202

Regarding post release DLC etc. Arcsys won't have much to say it will all be Bamco as they are the publisher, they are paying for development and they own the IP.

Quebaz

Guys this is Dragon Ball, the franchise that had 7 Budokai styled games from 2002 to 2008 and 7 Sparking/Budokai Tenkaichi styled games from 2005 to 2011. If this shit sells well it will get a sequel later down the road.

Rutger

Banned

This kind of exaggeration helps no one. There's always over a year between a BB/GG game and its sequel, which is not really unique to Arcsys fighting games.

As has been mentioned, GG Rev2 can be a DLC update for owners of Rev1, which is cool since it's like the Extend updates to BB that no one liked(smaller free updates are also very common throughout BB/GG). There's a chance that that could happen here, but who knows, Dragon Ball games have a history of revisions as well. Whatever happens beyond this game is likely more on Bandai Namco than it is on Arcsys.

Skab

I wonder if maybe we will get a krillin/piccolo trailer when beta signups go live.

like heres the new characters, then at the end "go here to sign up for the beta"

Top Bottom