• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

Ultimate Edition upgrade prices....(from limited edition)

US dollars $99.99
AUD $150

UK and Euro are still unknown.

250 dollars for a digital item, is this the most expensive digital content on psn/xbl?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Holy shit, thank you so much!
No worries, but I work tomorrow so hopefully the timing works out that I can do it in the morning... otherwise it could be quite late.

We still don't know how gifting even works lol.

No worries, but I work tomorrow so hopefully the timing works out that I can do it in the morning... otherwise it could be quite late.

We still don't know how gifting even works lol.

It's a free key, i can wait :) i'm sending you a pm now

tumblr_nxyc047kVS1tq4of6o1_250.gif

Really hyped for this... but I can't justify paying for it if it's just going to be free later on.
Hoping for a Marvel Heroes situation where a ton of websites were just giving codes out.

FiraB

Banned
Yeah super hyped that this is the final wipe (hopefully). Being able to invest fully in the game is gonna be good.

Might finally reach highend end-game now.

Was kind of tempted by the latest big trailer for it that came out, but after watching some gameplay on Twitch, I dunno... Looks really repetitive, and for an early access title with founders packs and microtransaction loot boxes that's just gonna go F2P later down the road and already has the in-game model of a F2P game. Kind of seems like the worst case scenario in terms of milking the user.

Edit: It does look a bit like Orcs Must Die! I was never really a fan of those games. I liked the progression in Dungeon Defenders more. Orcs Must Die! didn't have much in terms of progression if I'm remembering correctly. Anybody who played the Alpha extensively know which game it's closer to being like? Based on all the loot, I'm willing to bet Dungeon Defenders.

https://www.twitch.tv/edemonster

Ed Monster is streaming it right now. He's at the very beginning. It looks awesome so far.
Dunno who that is. He keeps shouting and overreacting to everything though.

Maximus P

They should have never announced that the game was going to be free. It's really putting me off buying this.

Will wait for impressions before I decide what I'm going to do.

Was kind of tempted by the latest big trailer for it that came out, but after watching some gameplay on Twitch, I dunno... Looks really repetitive, and for an early access title with founders packs and microtransaction loot boxes that's just gonna go F2P later down the road and already has the in-game model of a F2P game. Kind of seems like the worst case scenario in terms of milking the user.

Edit: It does look a bit like Orcs Must Die! I was never really a fan of those games. I liked the progression in Dungeon Defenders more. Orcs Must Die! didn't have much in terms of progression if I'm remembering correctly. Anybody who played the Alpha extensively know which game it's closer to being like? Based on all the loot, I'm willing to bet Dungeon Defenders.

Very much Dungeon Defenders in terms of progression and loot.

Very much Dungeon Defenders in terms of progression and loot.
Oh shit

How much content though? Currently considering the $60 or maybe $90 version if I can convince a friend to play it as well. Also, is it even worthwhile if you're playing alone or with randoms (if it even has matchmaking?)?

Pilgrimzero

Yeah if anyone ends up with spare key , I'd be interested and appreciative. Game looks great but can't justify the cost ATM, money is tight as it is.

Lucent

Was looking forward to this when I saw it during the Sony E3 conference. Thought it was f2p period. Didn't know it was gonna be paid early access for at least 5 months. Probably gonna wait. Need to have more demos for new IP.

Want to wait, and I should wait as I have a baby due in a month or so, but kinda want to grab this now on PS4 before free time becomes A LOT less free. Lol

noomi

Watching some streams and the game looks like a lot of fun....

Not sure if this is allowed, but anyone that picked up the edition that gives you a key to give a friend. I'd be willing to buy it for a reasonable price.... if that's even possible.

Want to wait, and I should wait as I have a baby due in a month or so, but kinda want to grab this now on PS4 before free time becomes A LOT less free. Lol

Do it! Infants are easy, once baby gets older that's when it becomes hard. We have a 16 month old and gaming is impossible unless he is asleep.

arimanius

Yeah he get's a little excited and likes to yell lol. He just found a hidden room by destroying walls and went crazy. He's destroying everything now. Floors, walls, etc lol

Do it! Infants are easy, once baby gets older that's when it becomes hard. We have a 16 month old and gaming is impossible unless he is asleep.

That's the truth. Game now will the baby is still an infant and you can use a bouncy chair or swing to keep it entertained lol.

Vic_Viper

Purchasing doesn't get you a key. The game is tied to the purchasers account. Was about to gift this for a friend but there's no way too lol.

Purchasing doesn't get you a key. The game is tied to the purchasers account. Was about to gift this for a friend but there's no way too lol.
Err... that doesn't make sense? There has to be a method in place to give those extra copies of the game to other people.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Founders grants you a gift copy for the Super Deluxe and Limited and to give those you need to send them via the friends list I think tomorrow at the release.

Edit: Friend Invites will be available to be sent in-game from the moment you are able to participate in Early Access. Players that receive a Friend Invite will be granted access to Fortnite on July 21st at 10am EDT for all platforms.
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/faq

However, opening the window seems to display the game key to be redeemed, so you could share it.

Vic_Viper

Founders grants you a gift copy for the Super Deluxe and Limited and to give those you need to send them via the friends list I think tomorrow at the release.

Edit: Friend Invites will be available to be sent in-game from the moment you are able to participate in Early Access. Players that receive a Friend Invite will be granted access to Fortnite on July 21st at 10am EDT for all platforms.
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/faq

However, opening the window seems to display the game key to be redeemed, so you could share it.

Oh I didn't realize you got extra copies when buying? How many and what tier is this offered at?

They really amped up the skill tree from when I last played. Before it was fairly linear and now it looks a lot more complex, and with a separate research tree.

And they added a way to craft ammo on the fly. Love it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What time is it supposed to go live?
It's confusing because people are saying 10 am EDT, but then also saying that's when the game unlocks for those gifted a code. Seems a little redundant.

Inviusx

So is the full game coming out for PS4 on the 25th or is it "early access"? I'm only asking because PS4 doesn't have an early access program.

I could have sworn this game released on the 25th.

It looks good to me, but I saw a preview that said it was kinda all over the place. Hmm.

Edit: just saw the pricing. Yeah, I'm gonna wait.

hydruxo

Friend Invites will be available to be sent in-game from the moment you are able to participate in Early Access.

So...if I'm getting a code from someone who bought the game, how does this work? Are they simply given a code that they can just message to me? Or do I need to do anything else? I'm on PS4 by the way. Just trying to figure out if I need to make an Epic games account or anything.

So bought a pack with the extra copies so my wife can play with me. She wants to preload, how do I get my extra copy? See nothing in my account nor emailed any codes.

Top Bottom