• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, I'm so excited. All I can do is speculate and fantasize. I would not be unhappy if Destiny had some Borderlands-esque elements.

My pants. They are growing.

The whole reservation thing is weird. Don't they normally have the consoles on the reservation card? Do you reserve the game then specify a console at a later date?

def sim

Well, if no platforms are mentioned, I'm going to tell the clerk mine is for PC and

iKZjb5M11Lcn0.gif

Arnie

I hope ODST's hub is the size of a pea in comparison to what they want to do with Destiny. What some leaks have hinted at in the past is something far grander.
Think prototype to final design. Imagine it's larger and denser than ODST ever dreamed of given the scope of the team and the relative development times of both games. Not to mention the lessons learned and redeployed following ODST.

Would boycott again.

I'd trash so many newsagents.

Jburton

Banned
That seems likely anyway given PSN's integration into the website.

Makes me wonder what some posters where talking about in regards to this reveal having a negative impact upon the PS4 reveal a few days later in that it would favour Xbox.

Is it likely we will see Destiny in some guise (logo, repeated video) at the Sony conference?

StuBurns

Banned
Makes me wonder what some posters where talking about in regards to this reveal having a negative impact upon the PS4 reveal a few days later in that it would favour Xbox.

Is it likely we will see Destiny in some guise (logo, repeated video) at the Sony conference?
The suggestion was more that the next-gen version would be exclusive to Microsoft for a year, which certainly would help MS, I don't know if it would actively hinder Sony though.

fernoca

The whole reservation thing is weird. Don't they normally have the consoles on the reservation card? Do you reserve the game then specify a console at a later date?
Best Buy cards (which looks the ones in the pictures are), have the platforms/UPCs on the back.

(Black Ops II -random example-)

kyqF3lK.jpg

"From the Creators of halo and the publisher of Call of Duty"

If there was nothing else but that line on the poster, the game would still sell millions

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god. That means it's nearer then I thought it was. Running out right now to get into line for preorders. lol

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So Halo again but furry Elites with blue Helghan eyes. A brave new age of independence.

oh wow, looks like activision just wanted them to make another halo. Oh well, while I hope they won't go for lowest common denominator gameplay I think I know better by now. Ideally I'll be proven wrong.

FyreWulff

oh wow, looks like activision just wanted them to make another halo. Oh well, while I hope they won't go for lowest common denominator gameplay I think I know better by now. Ideally I'll be proven wrong.

Bungie shopped the game to publishers first. Activision wasn't responsible for creative on this game's design.

Activision had nothing to do with what Bungie came up with...

Slime

Banned
Pre-ordering because I want my poster.

Do they let you change details like what platform you pre-ordered something for? Don't want to be tied to one of the new systems this far out, assuming the next-gen SKU isn't just 720-exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom