• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

Blam

All in.

Might double dip on PC.

image.php

Definitely.

Double dipping to, PC and PS4. Bring it.

yee

Smokey

I'll see how it is on PC via the beta. The 30fps was a major turnoff for me on PS4. Thought I could overcome or adjust, but I shouldn't have to. Every other modern shooter is 60fps, so I'll just see how the PC port holds when the time comes.

Yup, I'm in, most likely at launch. Really enjoyed the first one and eager to get stuck in to another online shooter that's not just PvP 'spawn-die-spawn'.

Nekster

I always play online with a couple of friends and we're hesitating between Destiny 2 or MH World. We're more inclined to buy MH World right now, i think.

I'll see how i feel after playing the beta, but i doubt I'm going to feel overly compelled to jump in until a year or so post-launch when they release a patched version that includes the latest expansion or two plus the inevitable balance tweaks. Given the shelf-life of games like this i see zero reason to bother rushing into it. I'm far more likely to finally play D1 for the next year and then eventually jump into the sequel when its baked in the oven a little longer.

Already prepurchased on PSN. Semi regretting it but I still know I will get many hours out of the PVE side before I quit so it'll be worth it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The first is my most played game ever and I'm pretty happy with most of the changes in the beta. Definitely in day 1.

I mean, it's always been my COD replacement, so long as the shooting is good and the loot is there, I'm good.

Say want you want about the story and content, I'll take Space Wizards over Ooh Rah Amurica Micheal Bay Gameplay any day.

Got the collector's on pre-order! Today was the first time i tried the beta and I am not impressed. I really do not like that Bungie has decreased the number of players in the Crucible.
As of now, I am keeping my pre order, but will be watching everything D2 related under a microscope.

Strakt

For PC? 100%

Double Dip on Console? Prob not after playing the beta due to how 30 fps and playing with a controller felt. Game was great tho!

deadeye

I started with the Beta, and was a Day 1 player for Destiny 1. Loved it. Every part of it, even with all the issues during Season 1. I kept playing all the way to The Taken King. Max light level. All raid gear. Everything. Then I gave it a rest. Never came back after that point. I think I may have been burnt out.

I downloaded the Beta for Destiny 2. The story mission was really good. Enjoyed it. Loved the strike. Not to much the PVP. I’m not a fan of Bungie downsizing to 4v4. I wouldn’t mind if it was just a set mode, and we can still play 6v6, but if this is permanent I don’t think I would like it for long. I preferred some of the larger maps in D1. Also, not happy that Snipers, Shotguns and Fusion rifles are special weapons. Why have 2 auto rifles to switch back and forth? I know, I can use a scout, or hand cannon instead, but that’s not the point. I’ve been a Titan since day one, and has always liked using a Pulse with a Fusion secondary. Sadly, I didn’t get a Fusion drop during the 2 days I played the beta. However, the Exotic Auto Rifle was bad ass.

Overall, it feels and plays the same, which is a great thing. The new supers are cool, but right now, I think I might wait until the expansions. After more game modes, and I really think they need to add another class. That would bring me back.

molnizzle

I pre-ordered on PSN, so I already bought it months ago.

Even if I end up hating it, the amount of time I spent on the first game warrants at least finishing the second one. If only to show myself that life is a desolate wasteland of dissapointment.

I bought it for the ps4 and will double dip on the pc when the expansion comes out.

Its basically a shooting gallery that I can BS with friends while mindless popping head shots.

Who are we kidding? All of us are buying it. Day 1, myself. . We just need some time to adapt to the many sea changes that is D2. Destiny still gonna destiny. Loot is a hell of a drug.

After over a 1000 hours in D1 it was never a question if I was buying it, super hyped for it !!

Probably double dipping digital for xb1/PS4 to play with all my friends and clan.

Feorax

Definitely. Was worried about the direction it was going in but playing the beta has reassured me that I'll love it as much as the first.

Me.

In a bind though. Can get it for 50 bucks plus extra 10 gift card at best buy. Or buy it digitally and be super convienent to pick up and play. Wish psn would have one more spend 100 get 15 back promotion. They just had one in June though...so chances slim.

D i Z

I'm not convinced that they are going to do better. Waiting to see, but knowing my habits I'll probably just let the automation of the pre-order happen.

I didn't get much out of Destiny 1, but i feel obligated to play as many "huge" releases as I can, so will be getting the sequel - i got it for 30% off E3 sales as well, so makes it an easy decision.

Kaiken

Banned
Almost a thousand hours in Destiny 1, still not sold on Destiny 2. I just wanted the same formula but with much deeper classes and leveling system. Everything just seems far too similar to the first. I'm not seeing much of a difference other than a bigger expansion.

Duxxy3

I didn't even make it through the first mission before deciding that I'm going to buy it. Not going to spoil myself by playing the beta anymore.

I've had the collectors edition pre-ordered since it went up, If I could throw my money into my screen I would.

Its Destiny season, expansion or new game whatever I don't give a shit just give it to me.

Afrocious

I was, but as time passed, that desire began to fade away. Playing the beta these past few days has me now wondering how this is a sequel and not just a 60 dollar expansion. When I go into tunnel vision and start enjoying the shooting and doing the strike with my friend, it's fun, but I don't know if it's worth another Destiny game when I step back.

Me and all my clan mates. I've enjoyed the beta so far, there a few small issues but the rest of it all a bit overblown.

Some of it is overreacting to a BETA and some of it just parroting the more vocal whiners in our community.

I do have reservations about some things in the beta but I'm reserving judgement until after release

Dez_

oh cmon, you'll be in and running trains Day 1

I realize it's going to be harder to find a spot on those trains with only 4 players per team, but I'm sure still in either way. Destiny isn't without frustrating moments, but I've also had some of the most fun this gen when playing this game.

Top Bottom