• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica-gomes

HNfu7.jpg

Dayum

DominoKid

Sean could sound like Big Daddy Kane and still be a$$ because everything that has came out of his mouth after his early mixtapes has been complete dogshit.

Everything that's come out of his mouth has always been crap and I say that as someone who's been a fan of his for 6 years.
He's just a nice flow over hot beats.

PBY

Banned
...and it wasnt Kiss.

Sean sets the whole song off for me when the beat drops back in w/

"Bang bang, riding for my niggas and that's for life
High class, I'm just surrounded by these low-lifes"

yeah the lines aint nothing special but that was the perfect way to hit the beat drop.
i think more people would like Sean if he had a stronger voice. he sounds like a little kid sometimes.
I feel the same exact way- he rides the beat coming in perfectly

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Naw not true.

well I thank you kindly good sir, I just can't stand my own voice. It took my years to be willing to even let other people hear myself rapping. Spent my first 10 years just hiding whatever I made from everybody.

Tokubetsu

Aww man, Krayzie Bone on that new Gibbs tape? Super excited. I was really skepticla at first when I heard Gibbs had signed to CTE/with Jeezy but it's one of the better moves he could have made. Everything he's released since has been fire.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If you don't like your voice change it...I can change mine at will, I could do my verse sounding like Danny Brown just for kicks lol.

I used to change it, but then I'd forget how I changed my voice so in every song my voice sounded different lol. So I just roll with the original now.

Esch

Banned
I'm actually kinda surprised Danny x Kanye hasn't happened, for some reason i see that as being kinda natural especially where Kanye's at production wise.

Esch

Banned
as long as he kept it as grating as he did on that El-P track itd be fine

even doe i like screwed Danny best

BY THE WAY THIS TOUGHER COLDER KILLER SONG GOES SO FUCKING HARD. ITS SO GOOD. track of the year for me. hype hype hype. if backpacker rap had this rawness and energy i would like it more.

I'm no producer or audio guy, but Young Chop has every right to be mad because they really butchered the beat. It's mixed all wrong and almost everything they did to it was lame and ineffective. Fader-ized bassline is annoying. The vocals of Keef's verse was off. Lame "ayeee" and "woahhHhH" adlibs.

The OG 320kbps non-mixtape version of the song is still the true masterpiece. Lil Reese fits seemlessly, it's hypnotic, cold, and literally bangs harder than the remix.
http://hulkshare.com/1fwbyyuqp51i

PBY

Banned
I'm no producer or audio guy, but Young Chop has every right to be mad because they really butchered the beat. It's mixed all wrong and almost everything they did to it was lame and ineffective. Fader-ized bassline is annoying. The vocals of Keef's verse was off. Lame "ayeee" and "woahhHhH" adlibs.

The OG 320kbps non-mixtape version of the song is still the true masterpiece. Lil Reese fits seemlessly, it's hypnotic, cold, and literally bangs harder than the remix.
Kanye+mike dean>>>>>>young chop

DominoKid

Chop just bitching cause he the only motherfucker dumb enough to not realize that a remix probably means the beat is getting changed.
No sympathy for him.

tbh Kanye would have probably said the same shit that this kid is saying if his beat got changed up without knowing of it.

It's dumb to be angry about it but good for him for sticking up for himself. Now lets see if he can make more bangers or not.

edit: you guys got a point though, a nobody just got put up by somebody big. Should be more humble at this stage in the game.

PBY

Banned
Chop just bitching cause he the only motherfucker dumb enough to not realize that a remix probably means the beat is getting changed.
No sympathy for him.
And, out of nowhere- he gets put on by a hip hop legend- he gets his producer tag on a song with a bunch of huge rappers right now.

Oh and who's gonna be the lucky bastard who gets the Big Sean/Jada breakdown in this song? hahah

Honestly a bit unsure if we'll use that remake beat, I'm assuming just normal because like siddx said, it's easier to place verses....but my verse works on the breakdown just the same as the original, so who knows.

Kanye+mike dean>>>>>>young chop

Mike Dean must've been in the other room doing more important things cause it's clear he didn't help with the de-mix.

I agree Young Chop is stupid for not expecting the beat to be changed and not appreciating the shine, but he should be laughing at the the fact that the beat was technically messed up by "industry professionals"

//B1G

Banned
has anyone checked out A.Dd+ before? just got turned onto him (or the group, w.e. don't remember) by Spin mag.
kinda lushlife-esque, so if you dig that you might like this.

when paris smokes

this song's a good jam, you dudes will dig it.

and is it me, or is Spin's site fucking retarded? today was my first time trying to browse it, but it's ridiculously borked.

Ephemeris

I listened to him speaking on it. To hell with Young Chop. It's one thing to be furious over some bullshit, another is to air it out the way he did.

“[Kanye] should have called me and asked me, ‘Ayo Chop, can I do this? Can I do that?’ But no. I didn’t hear nothing from him”

"I wanted to be the first one to hear it and, no, that didn’t happen."

I'd flood the thread with :lol's if I could.

... that's that shit I don't like.

iavi

Honestly a bit unsure if we'll use that remake beat, I'm assuming just normal because like siddx said, it's easier to place verses....but my verse works on the breakdown just the same as the original, so who knows.

Yeah, let's just stick with the original since it's easier to time, extend, and all that.

----

Cam - A Pleasant Surprise Vol.1

From a J.U.S.T.I.C.E League producer comes this instrumental tape, and these beats do KNOCK. I want someone to go in on 'Semen Nakadashi...' so bad. I'm already wild'n the fuck out. "I who skipped out on school..." is another banger fav of mine.

kodecraft

I listened to him speaking on it. To hell with Young Chop. It's one thing to be furious over some bullshit, another is to air it out the way he did.

? Ya'll got to put yourselves in Chop's shoes. It doesn't help if Chop feels a certain way especially with Kanye saying "They steal your sound, that's a soundbite"

has anyone checked out A.Dd+ before? just got turned onto him (or the group, w.e. don't remember) by Spin mag.
kinda lushlife-esque, so if you dig that you might like this.

when paris smokes

this song's a good jam, you dudes will dig it.

and is it me, or is Spin's site fucking retarded? today was my first time trying to browse it, but it's ridiculously borked.

Actually got A.Dd+'s album after an Erykah Badu show a few months ago (they're based from Dallas). Pretty dope.

Another similar group from Dallas is Dem Southernfolkz

Shoutout to ace for his awesome mixes. Ignorant mix seven and the ye mix made for some enjoyable exercise.

And young chop needs to google what a remix is before getting his undies in a bunch.

DominoKid

*chop being a bitch*

lmao thats a delusional motherfucker.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
? Ya'll got to put yourselves in Chop's shoes. It doesn't help if Chop feels a certain way especially with Kanye saying "They steal your sound, that's a soundbite"
If I was in Chop's shoes I'd shut the fuck up and accept a cosign from motherfucking Kanye West.

Sometimes, you gotta shut the fuck up and not try to burn bridges with the industry, especially when you've got a once in a lifetime association on your hands. He could've been nice about it, took that shit in stride and expressed his feelings differently. But he didn't. Now he's looking like a goddamn fool and letting his ignorant pride talk. No sympathy. Got a hood mentality? Enjoy spending the rest of your career in the hood.

DominoKid

If I was in Chop's shoes I'd shut the fuck up and accept a cosign from motherfucking Kanye West.

Sometimes, you gotta shut the fuck up and not try to burn bridges with the industry, especially when you've got a once in a lifetime association on your hands. He could've been nice about it, took that shit in stride and expressed his feelings differently. But he didn't. Now he's looking like a goddamn fool and letting his ignorant pride talk. No sympathy. Got a hood mentality? Enjoy spending the rest of your career in the hood.

exactly. this dumbass talking about he's going to sue kanye...over a free song.
like...do you want to keep working in this industry?

not to mention he'd get laughed out of court for that shit anyway.

chop need to put his eyes on the money. he could be the next Hit-Boy and be one of the most in-demand producers if he was smart about this.

Ephemeris

I really can understand why he feels that way, but his reaction was just unnecessary; especially for someone I didn't know 4 weeks ago.

If we replace Young Chop with Timbo I'd probably and hypocritically be like "Fuck Kanye!", but it's not like he totally got the shaft / left out during the process (since he was there when Sean did his verse).

The remix is a good look for the kid, and this is how he reacts? I'd probably be salty too, but I'd kanye-shrug and keep it to myself.

Dude got mad cause Yeezy reupholstered that pussy.

edit: I thought I hit submit ages ago when I accidentally hit preview. lol enzo summed it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom