• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

ron_bato

I hope Association doesn't need to be online. Frustrates me when I have to have a whole other save file just to play if my internet goes out.

They included an offline version of association which is also pretty robust. It's called MyLeague and does not require an internet connection. I was pretty happy with it last year, and it looks like they improved on it this year.

This looks good to me...

6'10 pf inside

Boxout- 94
Off Rebound 94
Def Rebound 94
Standing Layup 90
Block 94
Speed - 64
Vertical - 64
Post hookFade 90
Standing Dunk - 94
Driving Dunk - 94
Contact Dunk - 94

Rivanov

Banned
Just bought Xbox One version.. downloading right now. PC version will come some day so I can play with those sweet SweetFX graphics. :)

ViciousDS

Banned
This looks good to me...

6'10 pf inside

Boxout- 94
Off Rebound 94
Def Rebound 94
Standing Layup 90
Block 94
Speed - 64
Vertical - 64
Post hookFade 90
Standing Dunk - 94
Driving Dunk - 94
Contact Dunk - 94

I'm thinking balanced 6' 1 point guard for me.....best of both shooting worlds while being able to dish assists and still hold my own dribbling.

edit: oh....nvm outside PG's are not slow....guess I'll be making that and going for the john Stockton approach

can't wait to start playing this a little tomorrow. Sucks I got bowling tomorrow night and I know I'm working Saturday morning.....bleh, I'll get like 2 hours in at most.

Im thinking about creating a GAF Pro-Am team on PS4

I'll be ps4, my Psn is the same as my gaf name. Add me if you want, I'd love to get together a team/league of PS4 gaffers with it

I went PS4 with 2K14, X1 with 15, and back to PS4 for 16. Is there GAF activity in NBA 2K on PS4? If so, I'm down.

Was going to try it on PC, but the last one I played on PC (2K12 I believe) had its fair share of issues.

I thoroughly enjoy playing the CPU in NBA 2K, I always find that it plays a great game of basketball. In 2K15 I ended up never starting a season and dicking around in myplayer for only a month or so. I mostly just played NBA Today quick games. Probably will run an association this year.

I'm down if you guys want to create a pro am squad! I wish the PS4 update would come out so we can make a GAF NBA 2K16 community :(

Smokey

Just occured to me that this early edition is most likey a cover for them to ease in players to the network. Every year they have issues and i think this is their latest attempt to solve it.

GG 2k

Purexed

Banned
Just occured to me that this early edition is most likey a cover for them to ease in players to the network. Every year they have issues and i think this is their latest attempt to solve it.

GG 2k

My take is that this is a middle finger to all those mom-n-pop shops that always drop the game 4-5 days ahead of schedule for a marked up price. Here in Cali, that's big business for these shops that sell before they should.

My take is that this is a middle finger to all those mom-n-pop shops that always drop the game 4-5 days ahead of schedule for a marked up price. Here in Cali, that's big business for these shops that sell before they should.

GG 2k

Both probably true.
At least I'll have fun doing a fantasy draft...

They could have way more classic teams but as far as I know the PC version isn't really moddable still? Mods used to have amazing historical rosters but last year they took that away.

Rivanov

Banned
Is it normally it says 9/29/2015 instead of 9/24/2015?
Everyone has this? But it should unlock tomorrow?

2015-09-2416_26_41-grfnuz7.png

2015-09-2416_27_03-gru5ufi.png

alba

Little is the new Big
That's because the pre-order lets you play tonight and if you don't, the regular release date is on the 29th.

ViciousDS

Banned
Is it normally it says 9/29/2015 instead of 9/24/2015?
Everyone has this? But it should unlock tomorrow?

2015-09-2416_26_41-grfnuz7.png

2015-09-2416_27_03-gru5ufi.png

BRUH......you are looking at the wrong edition lol..........your looking at street date 2k16....the pre-order edition is on the right, that's the one you want to look at.

Rivanov

Banned
BRUH......you are looking at the wrong edition lol..........your looking at street date 2k16....the pre-order edition is on the right, that's the one you want to look at.
BRUH.. it doesn't matter. That screen came up when I opened the game from My Games & Apps. When I manually go to the Store on my Xbox and select the Pre-Order Edition the same release-date comes up as 9/29/2015. From the message below you see that you can play from 9/25/2015 but it would be nice if the date on the left side would change also. ;)

2015-09-2416_44_20-grrej9d.png

Justified

I'm in for the GAF 2K16 community on PS4 too.

I have an All NBA2K community, If someone wants to do a NBAGAF community, I'll join.

But since everyone is not in the 3.00 beta. Im just going to create a GAF Pro-Am team (PS4), unless someone beats it to me.

alba

Little is the new Big
I have an All NBA2K community, If someone wants to do a NBAGAF community, I'll join.

But since everyone is not in the 3.00 beta. Im just going to create a GAF Pro-Am team, unless someone beats it to me.

Waiting for 3.00 for communities too, man I wish they'd put it live ASAP.

ViciousDS

Banned
BRUH.. it doesn't matter. That screen came up when I opened the game from My Games & Apps. When I manually go to the Store on my Xbox and select the Pre-Order Edition the same release-date comes up as 9/29/2015. From the message below you see that you can play from 9/25/2015 but it would be nice if the date on the left side would change also. ;)

2015-09-2416_44_20-grrej9d.png

ah, that's what you are looking for. I wouldn't worry about the official release date, it will unlock most likely tonight at 12pmEST I think is usually when they go.

jtrov

I wish I could just get my Xbox One digital pre-order to work, but it won't get past 1% on my end...

Looks like it was an issue for some earlier in the week, but I tried the clear alternate Mac Address and still the same results. Never had an issue with any other pre-load and just for good measure, I tried downloading other games I previously deleted and everything worked fine.

Anyone else have these issues or could shed some light on a fix. :/

hbkdx12

That bosh moment scared the fuck outta me.

I suck at 2k and never play any of the online modes but im looking forward to mycareer and the personalized court stuff

I just started playing madden 16 and i wish 2k implemented a indepth training/tutorial component like madden does that not only lets you grasp the gameplay mechanics but also helps you better understand the game of basketball and the importance and role of each position.

Justified

2K micro-transactions/VC ways are getting out of control....lol.

You can Buy Wins in Rank Play now, seems to be limited to the Higher tiers though. Maybe to keep you from falling back to the low tiers...but still...smh

CPnMEaSUcAAan9p.jpg

CPovDG9WcAA8lN3.png:large

Fjordson

Lmao Buy Wins? Wat.

This is why I just dive into My Career mode ever year. The online seems to be a clusterfuck between weird / missing features and server issues.

jmizzal

I wish you could preload the game when you preorder from the store too, I have to pick it up after work tomorrow and then still wait an hour for it to install :/

MyCareer: 3 hs games, 4 college, 8 in first nba season.

So no chance to get ROY it seems

Would of liked more games in HS and College but I guess they will build on that next year.

8 in the first season isn't great I hope I can play every game in future seasons.

ViciousDS

Banned
May as well play 12 minute quarters all the first season.

sounds like you don't get a choice

Before reaching college the character being played attends high school and plays three games there. Those games are even shorter as they only use two minute quarters. Following the stint in college the story moves on to the NBA.

Unfortunately, the games are also very short at six minutes per half.

Kai

What new historical teams are added?

I can't be the only one that imports the 96 Bulls into a season and plays as them against today's NBA right?

Top Bottom