• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

XXmJ4nu.gif

DOWN

Banned
I'm on Chapter 6 and really enjoying the game. It seems like it overall got great reviews but I guess a lot of GAF don't like it?

I'm on Chapter 6 and really enjoying the game. It seems like it overall got great reviews but I guess a lot of GAF don't like it?
Nah this place overall likes it too. It has problems no doubt very loud minority I'd say. You don't get into a top 10 let alone #6 on a website If overall the ppl posting don't like it

cj_iwakura

Nah this place overall likes it too. It has problems no doubt very loud minority I'd say. You don't get into a top 10 let alone #6 on a website If overall the ppl posting don't like it

Yep. You'll find a lot of us loved the game, but anytime some news about the game getting more content comes out, you'll see the usual suspects going on about it being unfinished, FF was a mistake, etc.

I'm happy they keep supporting it, I just hope they eventually flesh out the story instead of adding unnecessary(if cool) things like offroad driving.

Yep. You'll find a lot of us loved the game, but anytime some news about the game getting more content comes out, you'll see the usual suspects going on about it being unfinished, FF was a mistake, etc.

I'm happy they keep supporting it, I just hope they eventually flesh out the story instead of adding unnecessary(if cool) things like offroad driving.
Story is where it's at for me can't fix anymore(obviously my opinion) but than again I already liked it so I'm more on the side of liking the small gameplay changes I'm really just waiting for that avatar/multiplayer system tho

DOWN

Banned
Also, Kingsglaive was quite great visually. Seemed like it was intended to be a sort of glimpse at the peak of the battlefield turmoil leading up to Noctis' story? I didn't know much about it ahead of watching it and thought it was enjoyable in the context of being a sort of prologue rather than a fully plotted movie. Not sure if it was supposed to have been its own complete story but it seemed like just a sort of double TV episode to set up the premise in the complete show run that is FFXV the game.

What did y'all think?

MilkBeard

Also, Kingsglaive was quite great visually. Seemed like it was intended to be a sort of glimpse at the peak of the battlefield turmoil leading up to Noctis' story? I didn't know much about it ahead of watching it and thought it was enjoyable in the context of being a sort of prologue rather than a fully plotted movie. Not sure if it was supposed to have been its own complete story but it seemed like just a sort of double TV episode to set up the premise in the complete show run that is FFXV the game.

What did y'all think?

This mirrors my feelings about it. I enjoyed it for what it was. Yes, there were cheesy moments, but there were also some nice sequences and ideas too.

Still, I wish that this was actually put into the game instead of being a movie. Ah well.

Kingsglaive is now on Netflix. No excuses now.

And as always, I appreciate your gifs Sunhi. :)

There is an extremely vocal minority on here, but a good deal of people on here really like the game. They just aren't as vocal. They post once or twice about the game, lurk, and vote when the time comes.

And there are those that just don't want to confront others, so they have opted to remain silent in fear of being retaliated against like some other posters here.

Exactly.

DOWN

Banned
Kingsglaive is now on Netflix. No excuses now.

And as always, I appreciate your gifs Sunhi. :)

There is an extremely vocal minority on here, but a good deal of people on here really like the game. They just aren't as vocal. They post once or twice about the game, lurk, and vote when the time comes.

And there are those that just don't want to confront others, so they have opted to remain silent in fear of being retaliated against like some other posters here.

Exactly.
I didn't notice Kingsglaive was available to stream so I bought i but it's so pretty and the aesthetic is so good that I don't mind

Also I remember FFXIII and Dragon Age Inquisition had love at launch but are now talked about as if they were never liked so hopefully things don't turn out like that for FFXV

I didn't notice Kingsglaive was available to stream so I bought i but it's so pretty and the aesthetic is so good that I don't mind

Also I remember FFXIII and Dragon Age Inquisition had love at launch but are now faked about as if they were never liked so hopefully things don't turn out like that for FFXV

Agreed. I love that crystal clear quality my blu-ray gives.

I expect a FFXII situation. FFXV will continue to be loved by the masses and those who hate it will dissipate over time.

Vic_Viper

Thinking about starting a newgame+. Did they ever fix the glitch where you could get Aranea in your party permanently?

Can you use the no XP ring in NG+?

Koozek

What's the point of that no XP ring anyway?
For low-level runs or if you want to camp for food buffs without your EXP being applied while you're grinding EXP to multiply them later at a hotel. Without it your EXP would also be automatically applied at every chapter ending, so you couldn't do Level 1 runs, for example.

wmlk

What's the point of that no XP ring anyway?

A lot of reasons to use it.

It still keeps summing the experience that you earn for quests/battles. There are some inns/lodgings/whatever that have a major EXP boost so when you go to them with the ring off, you'll get a major EXP boost with that multiplier.

You can also use it just for some added challenge or to try to play the game a different way. I used the ring to not become over levelled, but to keep up with the enemies becoming higher level I had to search for stronger weapons and actually use food buffs. There are systems in play that give you the opportunity to approach the game in different ways rather than just brute forcing it. It's actually pretty fun.

Koozek

Discover the Creators: Yoko Taro’s Favorite PS4 Games

Yoko Taro:
I was creating a title called NIER Gestalt/Replicant when this title was called Versus XIII but because it was very likely that our games would release around the same time, I was thinking “oh man, Versus is an action RPG right? It would suck if the release dates were close to each other.” NIER ended up releasing without having to worry about Versus XIII but then, when I was creating Drakengard 3 I thought “it would suck if they release close to our release,” and it was the same again when we were creating NieR: Automata this time too. Looking back, I feel like I was trapped by the curse of Versus for about 10 years. This game and its content created over the course of 10 years is unparalleled and unique, and I enjoyed it a lot. The one thing that surprised me the most is their incomprehensible passion towards food and beverage. FF is amazing.​

😂

Twookie

went through my backlog and ended up playing the two DLC packs and the chapter 13.2 content

Episode Gladio was good, combat was fun but I found blocking when attacking not that responsive which made stacking rage hard. Not that much extra story content added, but it was fun nonetheless.

Episode Prompto was reaaaally good. Lots of new background story that added a great deal to the main story of the game. They pretty much forcefed you lore in the DLC(which I like in this instance) although I do wonder I missed some of it. Combat could've been better, but overall a very good DLC - enjoyed it a lot.

The Chapter 13.2 content was ok ++, I had fun playing throught it, although it was pretty short.

All in all, I'm glad they fleshed out some character's backstory and motivations which is what I wanted the most from the updates. Pleasantly surprised by the DLCs as they were pretty good, very hyped now for Episode Ignis and the other story updates.
The new content has definitely placed Ardyn as the best FF villain to me. He's a really well made villain IMO.

Koozek

Final Fantasy XV Fan Event at Gamescom

DEe2MEbVwAAhJGd.jpg:large

Really excited to see what Tabby and BD2 have in store for us. ;)
Yeah, saw it in their German Whatsapp news group a few days ago. There's a chance to apply for an invitation to the party and to get to meet Tabby. Here, for my fellow Germans:
Liebe Final Fantasy XV Fans,

am 25.08.2017 ab 20 Uhr veranstalten wir eine große FFXV Party in Köln.

✨Game Director Tabata-san kommt extra aus Tokio, um einen unvergesslichen Abend mit euch zu verbringen.
✨Wir bringen erstmals Ignis‘ Rezeptkreationen direkt aus dem Tokyoter SQUARE ENIX Café nach Köln!
✨Die Partyleute unter euch können zu hippen DJ Beats das Tanzbein schwingen und und und...

Wie kann man an dem Event teilnehmen?
Überzeugt uns mit einer 📝kreativen Bewerbung davon, dass ihr ein großer FFXV Fan seid und auf diesem Event nicht fehlen dürft.
Wenn ihr gerne in Begleitung kommen möchtet, schreibt uns bitte eine Bewerbung für zwei Personen, in der ihr beweist, dass ihr beide große Fans seid.

Schickt uns eure Bewerbungen an 📩 hmg-community@eu.square-enix.com mit dem Betreff „FFXV Party - WA“!
Der Einsendeschluss ist der 10. Juli 2017 (Mo) 23:59 CET.

Im Anschluss erhalten alle, die beim Event mit dabei sind, eine Mail von uns.

Wir freuen uns auf eure Bewerbungen und hoffentlich bis bald in Köln!

I know this probably wont happen, but once they're done with FFXV updates and stuff, i want them to go radio silent for at least 2 or 3 years, then i want their new IP unveiled at E3, dont even put the SE logo on it or anything, just show whatever crazy ass trailer they have, make people wonder what the hell this game is, then have the big BD2 logo at the end of it.

I'd be like "Awwww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt"

Koozek

I know this probably wont happen, but once they're done with FFXV updates and stuff, i want them to go radio silent for at least 2 or 3 years, then i want their new IP unveiled at E3, dont even put the SE logo on it or anything, just show whatever crazy ass trailer they have, make people wonder what the hell this game is, then have the big BD2 logo at the end of it.

I'd be like "Awwww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt"
tumblr_nnn25y9G7F1u5hsrco2_500.gif

BELIEVE

I'd be happy to see it, but im kinda in the mindset of "please just hurry and make XVI".

It sucks that we have to wait so long between mainline games. We've had development problems for mainline games for the better part of two decades now. XII switched directors, XIII had engine problems, XIV was completely remade, XV switched directors/teams.

It'd be nice to see XVI come up with a concept, put a team together, and put it out without any problems. Thankfully the Final Fantasy brand is pretty strong and can endure 5+ year long droughts without a mainline game.

Koozek

I'd be happy to see it, but im kinda in the mindset of "please just hurry and make XVI".

It sucks that we have to wait so long between mainline games. We've had development problems for mainline games for the better part of two decades now. XII switched directors, XIII had engine problems, XIV was completely remade, XV switched directors/teams.

It'd be nice to see XVI come up with a concept, put a team together, and put it out without any problems. Thankfully the Final Fantasy brand is pretty strong and can endure 5+ year long droughts without a mainline game.
It's in development by another team anyway.

It's in development by another team anyway.

Yup, Tabata was talking about making a new IP. Would be cool if BD2 could make another reliable IP for SE. FF/DQ/KH/BD2 IP

I was just talking about in general, they should have at least 2 teams making mainline games at once, that way we dont have to wait so long.

I've been meaning to share these for awhile... I'll just leave these here.

Also got around to playing a timed quest again for the first time in a long time and I love Cactuar hunts! haven't been the biggest fan of the new format/ currency system of the timed quests but I could hunt Cactuars all day, got some good XP last night, when I cashed it all in I'm now at Lvl 101.

Awesome, I hope this proves to be a worthwhile event :)

It's an official event so I think it would be. This event is during Gamscom and Tabby will be there. So it should be fun!

:OOO

I've been meaning to share these for awhile... I'll just leave these here.

Also got around to playing a timed quest again for the first time in a long time and I love Cactuar hunts! haven't been the biggest fan of the new format/ currency system of the timed quests but I could hunt Cactuars all day, got some good XP last night, when I cashed it all in I'm now at Lvl 101.

Ohhh! I need a glass case and that stand! xD

Koozek

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEiTOctVYAUXNdh.jpg[/IMG]
[URL="https://twitter.com/othello_ff15/status/885119206005456896"]Source.[/URL]

tsuACzL.png

flkraven

Spent the first 30 or so hours of the game trying to perfectly time the 'X" prompt for parrying and failed like 3/4 of the time. Now I realize the second it pops on the screen you can just press and hold the button down until you parry. What a joke lol

It's an official event so I think it would be. This event is during Gamscom and Tabby will be there. So it should be fun!

:OOO

Ohhh! I need a glass case and that stand! xD

The glass cases are from Ikea ($59.99 cnd) I threw some lighting into them pretty much the Ikea versions of a "dot-it" with replaceable batteries that are stickied to the top of each glass shelf.

The stand with Noctis is actually an EB Games promotional piece that I got from my friend who manages a store, it was two sided (the other side being Deus Ex) but I halfed it cause I only cared about FFXV. My fiance wasn't too impressed when I brought it home cause its pretty big haha.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Okay people, so this game is finally at a low enough price at Best Buy for me to consider nabbing it ($35CAD), but Tekken 7 is also discounted and I really want that too.

So just wanted to ask people around here: As a person who
- Liked VIII
- absolutely loves everything about IX
- ended up being mostly impartial but still having some fun with everything about X and X-2 (note: I finished the latter, but not the former for some reason)
- really enjoyed everything, especially the creative direction, about XII
- just tapped out of XIII entirely at a certain point without properly finishing it
- Wishes he could play more of XIV if not for the subscription fees

What kind of experience to I stand stand to gain and to lose from purchasing this game compared to the other ones I just mentioned?

Okay people, so this game is finally at a low enough price at Best Buy for me to consider nabbing it ($35CAD), but Tekken 7 is also discounted and I really want that too.

So just wanted to ask people around here: As a person who
- Liked VIII
- absolutely loves everything about IX
- ended up being mostly impartial but still having some fun with everything about X and X-2 (note: I finished the latter, but not the former for some reason)
- really enjoyed everything, especially the creative direction, about XII
- just tapped out of XIII entirely at a certain point without properly finishing it
- Wishes he could play more of XIV if not for the subscription fees

What kind of experience to I stand stand to gain and to lose from purchasing this game compared to the other ones I just mentioned?

Hard to guess because it plays so differently from the other games. You just gotta give it a shot and see.

Top Bottom