• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unit 13 |OT|

RiverBed

Banned
Have you seen how the majority of the SOCOM community is over the franchise? SOCOM 4 is a piece of shit in the community's eyes because it changed too much and there's no way you'd expect them to be fine with a portable game that has NO multiplayer besides coop or not a dedicated campaign. It'd start up an even bigger shitstorm and it might just be worth it to have it as a new launch IP.

Personally, I see Unit 13 as an experiment of Zipper's to see what works and what doesn't on the Vita and to get their feet wet with the hardware so they can learn from this game and apply it to a SOCOM game in the future. FTB4 would be an AWESOME announcement since the previous games were good but the lack of a second stick limited them. Imagine a competitive SOCOM game on the go and it's enough to make any fan drool.

To call it a SOCOM game would require more content, especially competitive MP. I wouldn't have a problem with it but I think they did the right thing in not calling it that. Remember that MAG was once called a SOCOM game but they learned it was best not to call it that either, lol.

The SOCOM community is damn crazy and I think I lose my sanity when I'm on the game's forum to the point where I stopped posting. Hell, 3 of my clanmates were one of the 18 to be the first people outside of Zipper to play SOCOM 4's MP and we always had a big presence but that place drove us away basically. I just wish they had more S4 DLC to keep us going.

Unit 13 |OT| It's SOCOM but not SOCOM
Thanks for the response. That was very informative.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have a title in place but only the OT was edited in.

There could be a couple more informative bits but I don't have the right descriptions on characters and how the game works. The more you try it, the more it feels unique to what you think it was going to be. It's got a good mechanic for a hand held shooter.

Seventy5

Anyone in NA who wants a good ol' SOCOM player as a coop buddy, please add "demolitio" on PSN. I think this game makes me want to expand my friends list more than any other game on the Vita. I also will use the mic (if we have a choice since one is built in anyway?). I'm a fan of the more tactical style of play so I use stealth mostly as if I was playing SOCOM or Splinter Cell.

So with the bluetooth in the Vita, does that allow me to use my official PS3 headset on the Vita?
Yes, you can. You can't use the Sony Bluetooth Surround Sound headphones though, unless I'm missing something, because of the USB transmitter. I wish you could, 7.1 from this would be awesome.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
why a game like this dont have competitve MP i dont understand.

I'd suspect much the same reason that The Club's competitive multiplayer ended up being boring... it's not really a deathmatch game. It seems tuned more for fighting AI alone or with a partner. The whole score attack nature of the game, etc.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Anyone know if leveling up your characters in the demo carries over to the full game? Currently got one guy maxed at lvl 4 and another at 3. Don't want to carry on if they don't.

Darko

with X as the running buton... you have to take your hand off the left stick so you can turn while running :(

Anyone know if leveling up your characters in the demo carries over to the full game? Currently got one guy maxed at lvl 4 and another at 3. Don't want to carry on if they don't.

It looks like you can unlock it from the LiveArea when it's released so I'm guessing it should carry over. Now this is only for the digital release. I'm not sure how it's going to be for retail.

darkwing

did they release a new demo? the first one was buggy

madmook

with X as the running buton... you have to take your hand off the left stick so you can turn while running :(
Left stick? What? You mean the right stick? Yeah you gotta take your finger off the right stick to hit the X button to sprint, but you push it once. You don't have to hold down X to keep sprinting, it goes until you stop.

Maybe there will be more control options in the final game? I imagine a double-tap of the rear touchpad would work nicely as a sprint button in any shooters on the Vita. Cause yeah, I agree with you that having to take your finger off the stick to push the sprint button is not ideal in a shooter.

did they release a new demo? the first one was buggy
Yes, the old demo was pulled from the store and replaced with a new one on tuesday. I downloaded, played, and had no issues with it at all. Except I thought it felt pretty generic. Not a very interesting game for me.

yencid

http://www.unit13.com/en-us/Operatives

If anyone was still wondering what this game was about, do yourself a favor and check out that site.

thats awesome.

here for the OP,

tBRsh.png

so far my favorite are alabama and ringo

LiquidMetal14

CHECK OUT THE OP NOW. Let me know what you think.

Adding in the other things if I can cram it in. I may be reaching the max character limit but we'll see.

LiquidMetal14

CHECK OUT THE OP NOW. Let me know what you think.

Adding in the other things if I can cram it in. I may be reaching the max character limit but we'll see.

AND OVERHAULED A LITTLE MORE. FULL CHARACTER INFOS IN NOW. JUST MADE IT FIT CAPS!

TRIPLE POST

NOW WE HAVE AN OT

yencid

Hey liquid im doing something to save some space on the OP, ill post an example in a bit. Or do you want me to PM it?

naib

Yeah, kinda irritating.

But I was happy to find out you just have to press it to start the sprint. Here I'd been holding it the whole time. derp

LiquidMetal14

j22XMlmQw0ViQ.png

I was thinking something like this, and then under you can put the bio and the personality.

That's what I was trying to do but I'm not good with the formating. Yours looks very nice. Can you get all the weps in too? I will edit out my weps pic and leave the bio there if it goes as planned.

hitmon

Is there any clarification as to what carries over from the demo to the retail version? That would be some good info in the OP if possible. I'm also curious if the stuff carried over from the demo is only possible with the digital version?

yencid

Commando
Technician
Gunner
Infiltrator
Marksman
Pointman

there we go, done. I think you can just leave the weapon unlocks as they are, after the bio and stuff. (it would take way too much space on an image)

also going through this and making them i really like how its a worldwide team.

Is there any clarification as to what carries over from the demo to the retail version? That would be some good info in the OP if possible. I'm also curious if the stuff carried over from the demo is only possible with the digital version?
Im guessing its the level progression, the fact that you dont have to go through the tutorial again and your leaderboard/scores

yencid

I feel like the Skills and bonuses are crowding the OP too much, what do you guys think?

If only there was a way for you to add a second post to the OT with that information maybe?

But i dont think its possible since someone already posted as the second post.

Was the demo for this game really fixed? I downloaded it today, and crashed my vita 3 times after losing the sound. Not going to try to play it anymore.

LiquidMetal14

Was the demo for this game really fixed? I downloaded it today, and crashed my vita 3 times after losing the sound. Not going to try to play it anymore.

I haven't even noticed it taken down from the store and I've checked about 5 times since I deleted it about a week ago. I will play it when I get it next Tuesday.

I feel like the Skills and bonuses are crowding the OP too much, what do you guys think?

If only there was a way for you to add a second post to the OT with that information maybe?

But i dont think its possible since someone already posted as the second post.

It's a little bit cluttered but still it looks fine.

LiquidMetal14

It was a patchwork OT. Need more time to fine tune things. On Vita now so it will have to wait until after work tomorrow.

last I checked I was ranked (lastnight), i was number 11 inthe world with almost 250k!!!!! Im so fucking adicted to this game! Also, because of the Daily Challenges, will be buyinh this off PSN!!!! Also picking up ME3 and both Vita PS3 The Show's. What a great day for gaming!!!!

I really hope Grace Chen doesn't drag ass on Tuesday. Honestly, I hope they put them up midnight EST. Hell, if they don't , they are a huge disadvantage on ME3 because of all the midnight sales.

Takao

Banned
I really hope Grace Chen doesn't drag ass on Tuesday. Honestly, I hope they put them up midnight EST. Hell, if they don't , they are a huge disadvantage on ME3 because of all the midnight sales.

They're doing a midnight launch of ME3 on PSN, but apparently every PSP and Vita game isn't worthy of that...

last I checked I was ranked (lastnight), i was number 11 inthe world with almost 250k!!!!! Im so fucking adicted to this game! Also, because of the Daily Challenges, will be buyinh this off PSN!!!! Also picking up ME3 and both Vita PS3 The Show's. What a great day for gaming!!!!

How in the world do you get 250k in that mission? My max has been 90k lol

yencid

They're doing a midnight launch of ME3 on PSN, but apparently every PSP and Vita game isn't worthy of that...

How in the world do you get 250k in that mission? My max has been 90k lol
Same here, im at 94k

dude must have a CRAZY multiplier.

fuck.

Pachimari

My PS Vita crashed for the first time with this game (it's the full game) in my PS Vita huhu.

It's awesome (besides the lackluster AI) by the way.

Top Bottom