• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's have a Dolan thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The only actual pic that has made me laugh from this meme:

562021_298931236853704_284651981614963_739688_1509575089_n.jpg

Same.

I find a lot of really stupid stuff funny, but Dolan is the most consistently unfunny one I've ever seen, this is literally the only thing I've liked from it.

lush

I figured you had to be trolling with the other thread in that you have Lush, Slowdive, and Stereolab references on your profile. :)
Obviously I was quite hyperbolic in said thread for comedic effect, I do find the song ridiculously catchy/infectious which for me makes it a good pop song. I'd guess some people would call it a "guilty pleasure", I'm not one of those people though.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
lush is the worst poster on neogaf.

lush

lush is the worst poster on neogaf.

I'm Commander Shepard and you're butthurt.

Too much shade bro, perhaps you should go make some more heavy handed posts about cum on your face for that tag fishing attention you so crave from those that will laugh at anything.

RDreamer

I should really find this horrible and annoying like most other people, but I don't. I have no idea why I find it so funny. It's really bizarre.

Dicer

Banned
Dolan hits the mark about 25% of the time I have seen it, which is better than every other meme out there....Frog & Raccoon non-withstanding... those ones always hit the mark.

The dolan face is one of the funniest pictures I've ever seen and I hate that it's just becoming rage comic 2.0. Fuck the internet, man.

It was more funny when it still was a Finnish meme and the occasional subbed version popped up.

All the good ones would mean instant ban too.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Finally!

I've always wanted to say how incredibly unfunny the Dolan comics are but knew shitting up the funny pics thread was the greater sin.

FUCK DOLAN

Switters

Dolan comics are the cave paintings of the internet. It is not unlike a sludge that's been rendered down from everything that was ever funny... In the future there will only be one joke. It will be a fart joke. It will be a great fart joke though, that will be remembered post-apocalyptic as the greatest of antiquity.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Jobiensis would you like me to poop on your avatar?

RetroMG

I should really find this horrible and annoying like most other people, but I don't. I have no idea why I find it so funny. It's really bizarre.

This. I was in the funny pics thread the other day and these had me rolling, but I have no idea why.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
The 4chan version (wow I said it) of this meme is much better, with the creepy version of Dolan rather than this cutesy version of him.

D.Lo

'Good' Dolan (4chan not Reddit creations or worse - mind you I use Reddit to view the best of 4chan) is the best current-ish meme because it's both a stripped-down raw version and a subvertive parody of the Rage form. They're deliberately obscene and ugly and copyright infringing to make sure it cannot ever be mainstream.

Remember 'Race Guy'? (It was 4chan's attempt to discredit Rage face to prevent it becoming commoditised) Even though they were deliberately racist I loved that brief period. The racism was largely completely ironic, it was a parody of racism. The jokes themselves were awful, and usually tired stereotype based. Few were actually witty. But the meta-contextualism of the whole thing was magnificent.

Dolan’s main meaning is pretty much the same as Race Guy, a scorched earth policy on internet trends.

Those new ones with the original Disney art are the next step because they undo the context yet again.

Dolan is dying though because the odd 9gag ‘original’ has been turning up on tumblr etc, a few even have rage faces in them. Kids who don’t understand the meta-meaning have picked it up and run with it, so it’ll be gone soon as any form of meaningful force. Same thing is happening to Jimmy now too.

lush

'Good' Dolan (4chan not Reddit creations or worse - mind you I use Reddit to view the best of 4chan) is the best current-ish meme because it's both a stripped-down raw version and a subvertive parody of the Rage form. They're deliberately obscene and ugly and copyright infringing to make sure it cannot ever be mainstream.

Remember 'Race Guy'? (It was 4chan's attempt to discredit Rage face to prevent it becoming commoditised) Even though they were deliberately racist I loved that brief period. The racism was largely completely ironic, it was a parody of racism. The jokes themselves were awful, and usually tired stereotype based. Few were actually witty. But the meta-contextualism of the whole thing was magnificent.

Dolan’s main meaning is pretty much the same as Race Guy, a scorched earth policy on internet trends.

Those new ones with the original Disney art are the next step because they undo the context yet again.

Dolan is dying though because the odd 9gag ‘original’ has been turning up on tumblr etc, a few even have rage faces in them. Kids who don’t understand the meta-meaning have picked it up and run with it, so it’ll be gone soon as any form of meaningful force. Same thing is happening to Jimmy now too.
Jesus....

Yup Dolan was/is basically a parody of bad 4chan memes. Too bad he became one.

I still love him tho. Especially the early ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom