• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Thanos in the hooooooouse!
That skewering of the "DC is for smart people" crowd. So good.

I imagine every ScreenJunkies guest feels insanely awkward now. Not just Jay.

Gotta love the Nerd Crew. How these guys keep the concept feeling fresh I don't know.

Actually, I do. It's because there are so many stupid aspects of Nerd Culture(TM) to make fun of. This time its trailer reactions, trailer breakdowns, and the intelligent DC Cinematic Universe. It's was brilliant.

I love how Jay and Rich are trying their hardest to not laugh near the end (and failing). Nerd Crew is the best.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta love the Nerd Crew. How these guys keep the concept feeling fresh I don't know.

Actually, I do. It's because there are so many stupid aspects of Nerd Culture(TM) to make fun of. This time its trailer reactions, trailer breakdowns, and the intelligent DC Cinematic Universe. It's was brilliant.

I love how Jay and Rich are trying their hardest to not laugh near the end (and failing). Nerd Crew is the best.

Yup, Mike keeps cracking them. Good episode.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I haven't seen the trailer.

But Rey/Ray TURNS TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I haven't watched the trailer, but I saw promo pics of her newest Hot Toys doll and thought "She's evil now? Huh.".

SArcher

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLk2LBGkMd4

Did someone already revisit Mike's box office/rotten tomatoes projections form last October?

The Mummy (prediction)
Budget: 120M
Domestic: 28M
International: 100M
RT: 36%
VS
The Mummy (actual)
Budget: 125M
Domestic: 80M
International: 328M
RT: 16%

Beauty and the Beast (prediction)
Domestic: 110M
International: 300M
RT: 74%
VS
Beauty and the Beast (actual)
Budget: 160M
Domestic: 504M
International: 759M
RT: 71%

Power Rangers (prediction)
Domestic: 50M
International: 200M
RT: 26%
VS
Power Rangers (actual)
Budget: 100M
Domestic: 85M
International: 56M
RT: 44%

Transformers 5 (prediction)
Budget: 200M
Domestic: 230M
International: 900M
RT: 21%
VS
Transformers 5 (actual)
Budget: 217M
Domestic: 130M
International: 475
RT: 15%

Spider-Man Homecoming (prediction)
Domestic: 300M
International: 600M
RT: 72%
VS
Spider-Man Homecoming (actual)
Budget: 175M
Domestic: 333M
International: 546M
RT: 92%

That was a fantastic episode. Very cool.

Already lost it in the beginning with the screenjunkies jab. Also that Porg fucking was grandiose.

Cant wait for next episode when finally Marvel decides to release the Infinity War trailer. Thanos. in da hoouuuse!

Fat4all

Banned
I don't want to watch the trailer and I hate that it makes me miss out on the new Nerd Crew episode. Fuuuck.

Trailer starts at 4:49 and ends at 7:15, just in case you wanted to skip it

edit: ahh, wait, never mind

they show a few clips from the trailer afterwards, forgot about that

yeah, avoid

Trailer starts at 4:49 and ends at 7:15, just in case you wanted to skip it

edit: ahh, wait, never mind

they show a few clips from the trailer afterwards, forgot about that

yeah, avoid

I still appreciate it, thank you. At least I got something in the RLM backlog for some slower weeks.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I need more audio commentaries from these guys, and I need them now.

Lord knows, they should be the easiest content by far for them to create.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLk2LBGkMd4

Did someone already revisit Mike's box office/rotten tomatoes projections form last October?

The Mummy (prediction)
Domestic: 28M
International: 100M
RT: 36%
VS
The Mummy (actual)
Budget: 125M
Domestic: 80M
International: 328M
RT: 16%

Beauty and the Beast (prediction)
Domestic: 110M
International: 300M
RT: 74%
VS
Beauty and the Beast (actual)
Budget: 160M
Domestic: 504M
International: 759M
RT: 71%

Power Rangers (prediction)
Domestic: 50M
International: 200M
RT: 26%
VS
Power Rangers (actual)
Budget: 100M
Domestic: 85M
International: 56M
RT: 44%

Transformers 5 (prediction)
Domestic: 230M
International: 900M
RT: 21%
VS
Transformers 5 (actual)
Budget: 217M
Domestic: 130M
International: 475
RT: 15%

Spider-Man Homecoming (prediction)
Domestic: 300M
International: 600M
RT: 72%
VS
Spider-Man Homecoming (actual)
Budget: 175M
Domestic: 333M
International: 546M
RT: 92%

Man, they were being generous about International BO and they still undershot the real results. lol
(Although they expected Transformers to go crazy. lol)

Jesus Christ... I stand by my belief that men look better the older they get. Mike may be 100 lbs heavier now, but her certainly looks better than he did when he was thinner in that video. Jay looks more or less the same, but he certainly looks better today than then too.

yeah older Mike looks so much better than younger Mike. Extra Thicc~

Jay on the other hand looks better with a beard and not wearing douchey skater clothes lol

reading through the reddit I come to realize that it's true that the guys never do critiques of animated films. Probably due to a lack of knowledge. Hopefully they get some weeaboos at some point.

Fox318

reading through the reddit I come to realize that it's true that the guys never do critiques of animated films. Probably due to a lack of knowledge. Hopefully they get some weeaboos at some point.

There is one old anime film I want them to review on Best of the Worst.

Its a full on remake of Platoon featuring cute pengins.

Rydeen

Yeah I think Jay has mentioned some familiarity with the original Ghost in the Shell and Akira and that's about the limit of their knowledge. I think they may actually be into the 80's "so bad it's good" schlock like M.D. Geist, Black Lion or the dubbed version of Cyber City Oedo if they watched them, but stuff like Evangelion would be excruciating for them.

Cheerilee

IIRC, Jay has said that he "knows that he doesn't know" animation. Like if you put the work of an animation master next to an animation fraud, he probably couldn't tell the difference. And he knows there is a difference, because he's seen people who've studied animation and has seen how they have a deep appreciation of it. He doesn't want to speak from a position of ignorance, so he would prefer to keep his mouth shut and let someone who knows more do the talking.

Top Bottom