• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

ShineALight said:
Are you thinking of Assassin's Creed, Saints Row, or Crushed being pushed back?

Yea...I think that's what i'm thinking about. I was going to get a 3DS but now i'm not so sure anymore. I don't even know what is and isn't in the pipeline anymore

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
LiquidMetal14 said:
Coming to iOS.
Coming never. It took years to convince Capcom to even consider the project, and all they would commit to is a 'prototype' demo.

Besides, this is a a Japanese developer, not an American one.

Greymanic

Neo Member
While isn't surprising to say the least, I'm shocked they wouldn't even attempt to make back some of the money by selling us the prototype.

SykoTech

My heart sank when I read the thread title, and I'm not even much of a Legends fan. Glad I never let myself get too hyped but...damn.

Wow, what awful news.

lIWe2.png

Seriously, Capcom did some great things in the past couple of years, but they're slowly but surely going down the crapper.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
WHERE IS YOUR CAPGOD NOW

Shit company that makes trash. This game looked like no exception, of course, but still. HILARIOUS.

kunonabi

Well I guess I won't be spending any money on Capcom products for the foreseeable future. AE is shit and nothing else is of any interest aside from that naku wazu game for the 3DS which most likely won't get released here. At this point the only games I'd buy from are a new Darkstalkers or a new Outbreak. Capcom better hope Monster Hunter is here to stay.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Reasonable response that people will understand:

"AUUUUGH FUCK YOU CAPCOM WHY WHY WHYYY FUCK YAUUHUHUHUHGGH"

Unreasonable response that will make you look like a nimrod:

"3DS IS DEAD"

MechaX

What the hell, Capcom?

You're supposed to give us a TEST and THEN say "fuck you!" to your fanbase, not just skip to the latter!

KevinCow

Banned
I thought they'd at least wait for the Prototype to fail before canning it.

Or maybe they worried that there was a chance the Prototype wouldn't fail, so they wouldn't be able to use that as an excuse for canceling it.

Teknoman said:
C'mon really? Capcom this is your main mascot...DO SOMETHING.

This! We've been waiting so long for this game. What is Capcom thinking... it's like climbing and stabbing a gryphon while clipping in and out of it's body - a complete mess.

WHERE IS YOUR CAPGOD NOW?!

Edit: Beaten by a mile, damn you Y2Kev!!!

but seriously

this really sucks for all ya'll that got hyped for it :( My condolences

watershed

Banned
DragonKnight said:
So should nintendo be worried about the 3DS now? I think another project from another developer got canned as well.

I don't know if Nintendo should be worried but some gamers might be. I think you are thinking of Assassin's Creed Lost Legacy or some other subtitle that has been canceled with its game elements being incorporated into Revelations and Saints Row which was never actually confirmed to be in development but thought to be because of E3 2010. Crush 3d was recently stealth delayed I believe and Nintendo had a really poor 3rd party 3ds showing so that could also fuel concern.

On Topic, I was really interested in this game, I liked the art style and the open world gameplay, so sad...

Famassu

Heh, as of this moment, I really don't give a shit about Capcom anymore, outside of Layton vs. Wright and other possible Gyakuten/Shu Takumi IPs (though, with the silence surrounding PLvsPW, I guess it's only a matter of time until they announce its cancellation too).

MechaX

Instro said:
Not really surprising, but surely disappointing. The Legends series has got to be dead for sure now.

With Inafune gone, I wonder what this really tells us about Mega Man in general.

Famassu said:
Heh, as of this moment, I really don't give a shit about Capcom anymore, outside of Layton vs. Wright and other possible Gyakuten/Shu Takumi IPs (though, with the silence surrounding PLvsPW, I guess it's only a matter of time until they announce its cancelment too).

I will 100% seriously forsake and personally boycott this god-forsaken developer if they cancelled that too.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
jooey said:
Reasonable response that people will understand:

"AUUUUGH FUCK YOU CAPCOM WHY WHY WHYYY FUCK YAUUHUHUHUHGGH"

Unreasonable response that will make you look like a nimrod:

"3DS IS DEAD"
It's not dead. Nintendo have plenty of time to turn things around. However, this is another sign of the bad situation it's in right now. That, and how fucking terrible Capcom are.

Now I really wish Prologue had come out. What a cool little oddity that would have been once the actual game was cancelled.

SykoTech

Wish I could be super bitter and hate Capcom, but they have me hooked on their fighting games like a fish.

*counts the day until Comic-Con*

Y2Kev said:
WHERE IS YOUR CAPGOD NOW

Shit company that makes trash. This game looked like no exception, of course, but still. HILARIOUS.

Wow, that's a little harsh. :/ Way to rub the salt on the old wound.

Top Bottom