• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

What are the co-op type options in this?

Is the game THAT fast on consoles too? Surely doesn't seem that way. Is it something video card related?

Part frame rate, part Mouse/keyboard controls.

As stated above, the FOV has been increased as well.

Is the game THAT fast on consoles too? Surely doesn't seem that way. Is it something video card related?

I think the player has upgraded their speed ability in this video.

I am not sure about consoles. Controller is going to make things feel slower I would guess? Maybe someone who owns the game will add their comments about how the console versions feel.

I am going PC with KB/M.

I enjoyed the multiplayer Beta, but not sure if can see the appeal of the single player enough to actually buy it. Maybe i should look into it

I'm actually enjoying the single player a lot more than I enjoyed the beta.
Seems to have a pretty robust MP mode though. I'll definitely be giving it another shot.

DOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Hopefully my red box gets a copy tomorrow but I think it's every Tuesday for restocks

Hopefully the single player is good :D

Story spoilers, nothing major:
Humans are the bad guys. Exploiting Hell for the purpose of harvesting its energy for a "utopian" society.

...or something like that. I think.

Mupod

waiting on PC player impressions I guess. UC4 is showing up tonight but depending how long it is I might need something else to keep me going until Overwatch.

that faster paced PC gameplay (apparently with upgrades) is what they should have shown from the start.

Nzyme32

kvDzO9w.jpg

Obligatory

Story spoilers, nothing major:
Humans are the bad guys. Exploiting Hell for the purpose of harvesting its energy for a "utopian" society.

...or something like that. I think.

You have to be fucking kidding me. Really? A portal to hell opens up and you fight demons, and the story is the tired old tryhard man is the real monster crap? Seriously? We're invading HELL to steal energy? Like....I can't even wrap my head around how stupid that is.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
if anyone is interested game uk are selling t shirts and stuff aswell for launch(just went to my local one and got some steam vouchers :D)

they havent been avaliable online in a while (especially in uk anyway.

Onemic

Im worried that the description of the game is "Arena-Style". Not that Doom 1/2 didnt have arena-style areas in some of the levels, but it wasnt the whole game.

Drewfonse

For real. Does this game run on 60 fps on consoles? I honestly can't tell, playing on Xbone. Game is smooth as fuck and looks great.

It's ridiculously fast-paced. Takes some getting used to, I started getting light-headed. :lol

Is the campaign fun so far?

For real. Does this game run on 60 fps on consoles? I honestly can't tell, playing on Xbone. Game is smooth as fuck and looks great.

It's ridiculously fast-paced. Takes some getting used to, I started getting light-headed. :lol

This is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Edit: Is changing weapons relegated to a weapon's wheel or are there other options as well?

You have to be fucking kidding me. Really? A portal to hell opens up and you fight demons, and the story is the tired old tryhard man is the real monster crap? Seriously? We're invading HELL to steal energy? Like....I can't even wrap my head around how stupid that is.

Hahahaha, I love your reaction to it. And yes I agree it is stupid, but I'm kind of liking the stupid. To be clear though, what I described just sort of serves as the world-building. I have no idea if the entire plot will follow that course.

You get holograms automated with audio in the space station that talk about "pure hell energy", among some other corporate propaganda. It's very light on that though, it isn't really banging you over the head with it.

-Amon-

Preordered, will get it tomorrow.

I'm in for the single player only. I liked what i saw, need some mindless single player fps fun.

NZerker12

The game is very fast paced on PS4 and the FOV can be changed (ranges from 90 - 110), the guns feel impactful and the level design is open and has hidden areas you can find.

Make sure you play after the day 1 patch has been installed otherwise you will be greeted to terrible screen tearing.

Hahahaha, I love your reaction to it. And yes I agree it is stupid, but I'm kind of liking the stupid. To be clear though, what I described just sort of serves as the world-building. I have no idea if the entire plot will follow that course.

You get holograms automated with audio in the space station that talk about "pure hell energy", among some other corporate propaganda. It's very light on that though, it isn't really banging you over the head with it.

I like stupid. Just need to switch gears and prepare for a comedy.

Are there any achievements / trophies that are Nightmare mode specific? I like to try and get as many achievements in one go as possible, but the hardest difficulty in DOOM isn't my idea for fun in the first playthrough when I want to explore more.

Top Bottom