• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Great job, banana! Hopefully I can shareplay off of you because I wont be able to get this right away haha

Couple things: there's some kind of MGS costume tie-in isn't there? I recall seeing LBP characters in MGS attire

Also, for those who don't know, while the physics are improved, Oddsock himself is much more precise than Sackboy, as he feels more like what you'd expect out of a platform character.

In addition to 16 layers, you can create awesome top-down, isometric, and other angled cameras to allow for some 3D-ish levels where you move in 360 degrees of freedom!

Also, congrats to Sumo, they did a great job making this a solid, worthwhile sequel. I actually think it's a bigger jump than LBP2 was to LBP1.

The Lamp

This is a legendary year in gaming so far, and this is going to be among the year's best games. Can't wait to pick it up.

Great OT.

Too bad the series is so overrated.

You mean underrated. I can make my own video games and programmable logic in this game and it's buried under the hype of other games with worse performance and less content.

SolidJum5

Neo Member
Sleeper hit of the year, right here.

face_slap_in_slow_motion-2100.gif

LMAOOOO!!! That gif.

on topic. Good job OP. ^_^

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
The features I'm probably most excited for

- Sackboy's improved physics
- Oddsock's speedier, more acrobatic moveset
- Legit custom made power-ups
- Easier to add/tweak the character's abilities in Create mode
- Sack pocket inventory
- 3D gameplay

wouwie

Amazon shipped my copy earlier today. Hype!

I really, really, really want them to announce the story levels from LBP1/2 for LBP3, and I will not stop beating this drum until it happens!

This so much. Let me play the story levels from LBP 1&2 within LBP 3 (which should make them look better too). I'm prepared to pay for them. At some point, the developers on here should explain why this hasn't happened yet. All user created levels and DLC from the two previous games are in LBP 3, so why not the original campaigns. I'd love to replay both.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Will buy this just so i can make some ridiculous stuff in create mode.

I love building stuff and I wish there was a way to use a mouse and keyboard.

wapplew

- Sack pocket inventory
- 3D gameplay

Odd sock music runner level like Rayman, someone please make it.

It's included in BF bundle, I think it will do just fine. But we will never know because no one tracking digital sales.

It is doing OK on Amazon, nothing mind blowing, but a solid start now plus the family bundle in two weeks should help. All the others have done really well, so I am sure it will hold its own^^

Falawful

That is one great OT title i tell ya hwat

This will probably be a high priority game for me whenever I decide to grab a PS4.

Excited for this, but I need to ask - did the OT rules change again? I thought the new rule was to wait until the release date, which is Tuesday, right?

fernoca

This so much. Let me play the story levels from LBP 1&2 within LBP 3 (which should make them look better too). I'm prepared to pay for them. At some point, the developers on here should explain why this hasn't happened yet. All user created levels and DLC from the two previous games are in LBP 3, so why not the original campaigns. I'd love to replay both.
Music licensing could be a reason. And while it would be cool, it shouldn't be an expectation. This is not the first or even only game that the sequel doesn't include the previous 2 games. DLC and creations were kinda expected, since they always said it was a platform. And even that is no guarantee, because of licences.

For example, the Assassin's Creed costumes can't be used in LBP Karting...so, I'm not expecting them on LBP3. Would be nice.

In expecting this game to sell really, really well. I've seen a crap ton of commercials for it over the past week or two. I think it's the most Sony has advertised an exclusive since Infamous.

- Sack pocket inventory
- 3D gameplay

Sackboy is still floaty, but if I recall, it's his momentum after jumping that has been tightened up.

Oddosck is even more improved, and that's what makes him so much more unique (and he is very easily going to make Sumo lots of money in costume microtransactions lol)

You can also ride Oddsock like a pony, but I can't recall if you can do that in MP (in SP, you can be Sackboy, get on Oddsock, and then you control oddsock). There are even Oddsock races, which seem oddly cruel to me

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Its funny that im excited for little things like actual climbable surfaces. true slide surfaces. and grinding rails.

It's not funny, it's normal! There are so many things that are not obvious as you watch the levels play but so much has changed: At one point you see ice cubes, but the thing that I think people are overlooking is the fact that when those icecubes fall of the edge, they rotate forward in full 3D. At another point, Toggle grabs a bar running parallel to the layer but then it swings him forward and down towards the layers in front. Another is a room which is rounded going into the levels. None of this would have been possible in LBP2.

Looks like my pre-load installed fine (along with the v1.01 update).

Maybe it's because I haven't watched much TV lately, but I haven't noticed that many ads online for the game. Guessing maybe they're focusing more on the TV segment pre-launch perhaps.

Sackboy is still floaty, but if I recall, it's his momentum after jumping that has been tightened up.

Oddosck is even more improved, and that's what makes him so much more unique (and he is very easily going to make Sumo lots of money in costume microtransactions lol)

I believe Sackboy's airturning has also been tightened, making it easier to maneuver him in the air.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Odd sock music runner level like Rayman, someone please make it.
Ah shit, now that sounds fun. It'd be one hell of a project.

http://i5.minus.com/in64fkSryHOG4.png

Yup, here it is, ladies and gentlemen!
If you like LittleBigPlanet, get this game as soon as possible.
(Played it at Gamescom and it was damn good!)
In these times of shooters and dudebros, we need games like LBP.

I'm sure we won't really so more LBP games, if this one flops.
So get it!!!! =)

What's crazy is they announced the inclusion of LBP1/2 story levels in LBP Hub, which I assume eventually turned into LBP3.

I will pay a high price to have them all in one place!

Catalix

Yeah, I can tell they tried to keep his movement relatively similar for consistency, but the slight tweaks will go a long way.

Catalix

What's crazy is they announced the inclusion of LBP1/2 story levels in LBP Hub, which I assume eventually turned into LBP3.

I will pay a high price to have them all in one place!

Last I've heard LBP Hub is a separate thing, and still on the way.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I just noticed that you created this guide for LBP2:
http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?46908-LittleBigPlanet-2-Tutorials-and-Games

It was really helpful for me :)

I'm also making one for LBP3. I've made a start already if you want to take a look. Sorry, I can't link at the moment, I'm having trouble with the site. It doesn't like my IP and I'm trying to sort it out. Just check out the LBP3 section of the forum and go to 'The LittleBigPlanet 3 Tutorial Directory'. It's stickied, so you can't miss it.

For instrumental tracks, that is the music I associate with LBP. For songs, it's this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUedr0dCmk0

Can't wait to pick up my 'Plush' edition of LBP3. :)

LBP2 made me a Passion Pit fan.

Music licensing could be a reason. And while it would be cool, it shouldn't be an expectation. This is not the first or even only game that the sequel doesn't include the previous 2 games. DLC and creations were kinda expected, since they always said it was a platform. And even that is no guarantee, because of licences.

For example, the Assassin's Creed costumes can't be used in LBP Karting...so, I'm not expecting them on LBP3. Would be nice.
Well, the UGC is all available in LBP3, and couldn't those levels use licensed music? Plus much of the music was comprised of original tracks made by MM.

And the inclusion of LBP 1/2 content is a huge selling point of LBP3, and one of its more marketed features. It'd be strange to make all of those thousands upon thousands of levels accessible through a single app save for the handful of story levels from LBP1/2.

And when they announced LBP Hub, the inclusion of LBP1/2 content, including story levels, was yet again a bragged about feature:

Not only that but everything that is currently available for LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2 players will be available to purchase in LittleBigPlanet HUB through a variety of options, so that you can build your very own LittleBigPlanet experience, just the way that you want it!

Free access to the first worlds from both LittleBigPlanet 1 and LittleBigPlanet 2. That’s 16 free levels and all the goodies and costumes contained within are yours to collect and keep!

And then LBP Hub silently disappeared.

But it's not like I'm demanding it, or refusing to buy LBP3 without it. I just think it'd be really, really awesome to have. It'd make me very happy. :D

Guymelef

I hope reviews won't come with "more of the same" because it feels like a larger jump from the second game than LBB 2 was, the layers, the dynamic thermometer, etc...

I believe Sackboy's airturning has also been tightened, making it easier to maneuver him in the air.

Yes, and he doesn't slip or teeter on the edge of things quite as much as he used to, making those precision jumps less frustrating.
Oh cool, I didn't know this. I've always really liked LBP's physics (the jump floatiness doesn't bother me one bit), but it's still nice to see improvements. Can't wait to Ace all the new levels.

Preloaded and ready.

The wife wanted me to wait and make this a Christmas present, but screw that noise.

Me and my 3 kids have put hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours into the LBP games. They still play it on a weekly basis.

We have been there since the first reveal, the demo, and day ones. That first demo for lb1 was magical... first real next-gen feel at the time.

Man, Tuesday maybe the best gaming day ever for me. LBP, GTAV, FC4 - plus it's my birthday week (43 going on 8).

Top Bottom