• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Setsu00

Can you actually make anything out from it?

I'd be pretty surprised if it turns out Soejima isn't th art director. So much of his art and style is in the game. Even the logo looks like something he's worked on.

Sudo is apparently the art director for the GUI and had some input on the details they put into Tokyo. He also had the same role in P3 and P4 as well as in Catherine as it seems.

But yeah, Soejima's style is all over the game and I think he even confirmed that he designed the logo.

.JayZii

Banned
There was a time when I thought Atlus was so pro-Sony (kinda like how Square Enix is synonymous with Playstation sometimes) that Atlus making PS4 Pro's Edition of Persona 5 a crazy high performance game would be automatic. There would be no discussing it because that's just how Atlus was. Now... I'm not so sure anymore. Lol like I'm actually even surprised Persona 5 doesn't even have PSVR support.

I just need to hear if Persona 5 is gonna be 4K and 60fps on PS4 Pro.
Atlus isn't exactly known for making games that stress hardware capabilities. Great art direction and design? Sure. Pushing console specs on the limit? Not so much.

The fact that this game is cross platform PS3/PS4 should tell you all you need to know about the matter. It's not like the game's geometry is pushing tons of polygons or anything either, so I don't know what that PS4 Pro high performance version would even look like.

Mediking

bro keep your fantasies in.

Persona 5 VR is a missed opportunity. Shame Sony isn't pursuing Atlus to do at least something with it. Yet Sony will pursue every other dang developer to do at least something to benefit Sony.
Atlus isn't exactly known for making games that stress hardware capabilities. Great art direction and design? Sure. Pushing console specs on the limit? Not so much.

The fact that this game is cross platform PS3/PS4 should tell you all you need to know about the matter. It's not like the game's geometry is pushing tons of polygons or anything either, so I don't know what that PS4 Pro high performance version would even look like.

We'll see how Persona 5 is on PS4 Pro eventually. Hopefully it's impressive in some form.... even though there's a good chance that there isn't much of a benefit at all.

Thin White Duke

Neo Member
So PersonaGAF... is anybody really excited for Persona 5 on PS4 Pro?

I don't believe that it will have any difference on Pro as I don't think at this time there's anything worth utilizing for the game.

I could be ultimately wrong, however and the game could take more of an advantage with the style it has.

Theodoricos

There is absolutely no reason for the PS3 version to have less content than the PS4 version. It's also not mentioned anywhere.

Yeah, no difference content-wise. Was already confirmed by Atlus officials. I mean it would be a very, very, very bad decision otherwise.

I think it's 1080p + improved image quality/textures. vs 720p

Alright, thanks guys. I did think that there shouldn't be any difference as far as content goes, but I did want to make sure. That's really good news, especially considering that Persona 5 was initially revealed as a PS3-exclusive.

This is the greatest advert I have ever seen.

I dont give a fuck if youre going spoiler free, everyone needs to watch this shit right the fuck now!

https://youtu.be/Jf-6D9bkYKw
Was just about to link this too lol.

There's your Atlus x Sony, Mediking.

That was actually amazing.

Now everybody gather round and sing, "Niman, Kyuusen. Kyuuhyaku hachijuu en"

The shots of the game case on a blue background surrounded by sparkly objects made it look like it's coming out in winter, though.
Winter 2014.

.JayZii

Banned

I dont give a fuck if youre going spoiler free, everyone needs to watch this shit right the fuck now!

That was actually amazing.

Now everybody gather round and sing, "Niman, Kyuusen. Kyuuhyaku hachijuu en"

The shots of the game case on a blue background surrounded by sparkly objects made it look like it's coming out in winter, though.

I don't think I have the strength to watch that again... XD

And of course they use THAT clip from Makoto's trailer for something like this.

Feeling really bad for squeenix right now.

And you have to remember that P5 wasn't anywhere near the top of the pre-order list until FFXV was delayed into November.

Exactly.

daevious

I don't think I have the strength to watch that again... XD

And of course they use THAT clip from Makoto's trailer for something like this.

And you have to remember that P5 wasn't anywhere near the top of the pre-order list until FFXV was delayed into November.

Makio

Bet my ass if FFXV didnt get delay Noctis would be the hero in this AD instead of Joker

And i dont even thats was beautiful... Atlus needs to make a spinoff out of this the story is already there (Action , Romance , Music)

No but seriously glad Sony is giving love to one of the biggest exclusive game even in a funny / weird only Japan knows how to do it.

Already got the stuck the song in my head for the many times i see it between tears and laughs

BRAVO

Makio

Lunar15

insta.gif

.JayZii

Banned
Yeah that just prove my point ....fu. Sony spoilers haha

My god if someone translate the lyrics of the song can make my week
Oimori did a decent enough translation. I just retranslated/gave more context to the bolded.
lyric

PlayStation4 was 34,980 yen

Inside the console, I didn't know outside world

But I heard everyone's voices

"If only the price was under 30,000 yen"

Then Persona 5, you got me out

So the price is now

29,980 yen 29,980 yen

It's 5,000 yen cheaper than used to be

and it's smaller

Everyone who couldn't decide now can

And Persona 5 will launch on same day

A student at noon, a phantom thief after school

living a double life. sweet

29,980 yen 29,980 yen

Persona5 and PS4

Would you like to buy both?
"I heard everyone's muttering/grumbling." *The same verb for muttering/grumbling is also used for tweeting.

Makio

Fricking love it thanks man my sides .... haha

Funny because today i see the Sony conference news and see the ps4 slim release date and i was like "funny came out just in time with Persona 5 " glad Sony notices the same thing haha

Zolo

Doesn't really mean anything, but looking at Goro's thief outfit (in the tiny, tiny pic), it looks like he has a hood and wearing some kind of robe.

Also found this translation by domi: http://domi-persona.tumblr.com/post/150070577112/morgana-duh-because-a-person-only-has-one

Morgana - “Duh?! Because a person only has one heart, therefore normally each of us can only have one persona too!”
Interesting they actually mention this. I don't think it was brought up in P4 even if it was in P3.

Interesting they actually mention this. I don't think it was brought up in P4 even if it was in P3.
Weren't Personas presented as facets of one's personality? It makes more sense to have more than one.

On a totally unrelated note, would linking the Japanese script of Persona 4 be considered copyright infringement? Someone linked it in a Japanese-studying forum I visit. It could also be a nice indication of what to expect in Persona 5, on top of what we've seen already.

Zolo

Apparently, Goro and the protagonist are supposed to be light and darkness as commented by Soejima, so I'm guessing Goro has light skills like I figured.

Setsu00

Apparently, Goro and the protagonist are supposed to be light and darkness as commented by Soejima, so I'm guessing Goro has light skills like I figured.

That was obvious from the very moment they revealed the illustration for Take the Treasure, but it's nice to have confirmation on that.

Rutger

Banned
I would be very okay with a Persona 5 Q.
And a Persona 5 Arena.

But lets let Persona 5 have its time first, haha.
Holy shit, the main menu is amazing.

How can one game be this stylish?

Finally, subways in SMT games will no longer be associated with memories of those many dull filler dungeons in Nocturne!

Looks great, can't wait to hear the music that goes with it, but I think I'll force myself to wait until I get my hands on the game.

Lunar15

I would be very okay with a Persona 5 Q.
And a Persona 5 Arena.

But lets let Persona 5 have its time first, haha.

Finally, subways in SMT games will no longer be associated with memories of those many dull filler dungeons in Nocturne!

Looks great, can't wait to hear the music that goes with it, but I think I'll force myself to wait until I get my hands on the game.

Well, the subways in P5 are actually affiliated with the "filler" mementos dungeons. Whether or not they're good is yet to be determined.

Rutger

Banned
Well, the subways in P5 are actually affiliated with the "filler" mementos dungeons. Whether or not they're good is yet to be determined.

Oh yeah, haha.

Well, the real annoyance in Nocturne was looking forward to what the next dungeon would be like, and it ended up being another dark subway. The mementos dungeons are sidequests, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Top Bottom